IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Rock steady! Cummins closes usac eastern storm tab wit
6/20/23, 9:39 AM   #11
Re: Usac: Rock steady! Cummins closes usac eastern storm tab

Possibly best race of the year! I guess none of you watched the wing sprinters run there. It was a good race as well. Some of the best track prep in the country. There weekly shows are great. This race needs to happen again.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, NoDramazone2020, yeleyfan76
6/20/23, 11:15 AM   #12
BrentTFunk

I thought Kutztown was great. It was better than I expected. The Grove and Port Royal were real good too. Grandview was also its usual good racing. Hated to lose Bridgeport to rain. I would really like to see a race there.
A couple of things stuck out to me. One was the crowds were all good. The people really turn out to the races there. They were all very into the non wing racing. They are definitely into it. Wish we could get crowds like that here.
I like the idea of running different types of tracks. A championship winner should be able to be versatile. It was a very fun week. On to Wisconsin this weekend. Even though I am pretty worn out from the last 4 weeks. Luckily the next weekend will be easier with Putnamville being my longest drive.
Last edited by BrentTFunk; 6/20/23 at 11:16 AM. Reason: spelling

6/21/23, 8:08 PM   #13
yeleyfan76

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
I thought Kutztown was great. It was better than I expected. The Grove and Port Royal were real good too. Grandview was also its usual good racing. Hated to lose Bridgeport to rain. I would really like to see a race there.
A couple of things stuck out to me. One was the crowds were all good. The people really turn out to the races there. They were all very into the non wing racing. They are definitely into it. Wish we could get crowds like that here.
I like the idea of running different types of tracks. A championship winner should be able to be versatile. It was a very fun week. On to Wisconsin this weekend. Even though I am pretty worn out from the last 4 weeks. Luckily the next weekend will be easier with Putnamville being my longest drive.
Going to agree with ur synopsis of the racing. Kutztown was the wild card of the week going in. Locally we were cautiously optimistic. It went real well and probably won’t be duplicated. A previous poster wrote about the great track prep. Tobias gets it and is real good. The other tracks sans WG did their normal prep for wing sprints or big body modifieds. Meaning horrible prep for non wing cars. WG was only remotely good due to the rain. Eastern storm is my favorite time of year here at home. The teams put on a show no matter the surface and always leave me wanting more.
I’ll even give recognition to Usac for running a clean quick program each nite, except Port Royal. It’s time to end the crown car deal. Eastern Storm is for sprint cars. The show is way too long and the track is not going to not have winged cars. Run the crown cars another time.
Brent, I’m glad to hear you enjoyed your time out east and I hope you do get to see a race at Bridgeport because it really is exciting.

3 members like this post: 767, Hubie48, tirespinner
Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Rock steady! Cummins closes usac eastern storm tab wit