IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Largest D-2 midget race in the world
2/10/17, 9:04 PM   #11
Cobra 14

http://www.ssmidgets.com/gd-nationals.html

That page has the rules

2/10/17, 11:01 PM   #12
Crankin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ29m View Post
Good question, hope you get a responsible answer, I've started at least three times to build one, and am not any further along than buying 2 midgets, the engine rules are in Greek. Bob
Well Bob, perhaps then you have a reading comprehension issue? Because i see a whole bunch of people who were able to field cars after reading those "greek" rules just one time.... On their first try! And all those readers of the greek language, support series such as powri, usac, Wayne's deal, and others instead of just talking about it.

Seems to me Bob, that the "responsible" thing for you to do is hire an interpreter before you start your fourth attempt. 🙄

2 members like this post: interpreter66, xoxide
2/11/17, 11:58 AM   #13
Re: Largest D-2 midget race in the world
Aces&Eights

Race Count This Year: 3

Quote:
Good question, hope you get a responsible answer, I've started at least three times to build one, and am not any further along than buying 2 midgets, the engine rules are in Greek. Bob
Anybody got a link to D2 engine rules? I had no idea they'd started a southern series till this week. I see they are also Gonna be at Toccoa Speedway too, that's even closer. I know nothing of midgets, is there a sanction or series that allows say, "The ford 2.3"? I'm not a ford guy, but a lot of 4 cylinder cars in my area and I can see this class being a step up for the 4 cyl car guys...

2/11/17, 12:36 PM   #14
Wayne Davis

Race Count This Year: 38
Race Count Last Year: 68

Go to ssmidgets.com ....yes the 2.3 duatec is a very viable engine that is allowed to run....also see the Lucas Oil Southern States Midgets Series schedule...several races in North Georgia... North Carolina... Tennesee... South Carolina... with some Fri. Sat. Shows....

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com

1 member likes this post: fish
2/11/17, 1:19 PM   #15
interpreter66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
Well Bob, perhaps then you have a reading comprehension issue? Because i see a whole bunch of people who were able to field cars after reading those "greek" rules just one time.... On their first try! And all those readers of the greek language, support series such as powri, usac, Wayne's deal, and others instead of just talking about it.

Seems to me Bob, that the "responsible" thing for you to do is hire an interpreter before you start your fourth attempt. 🙄
Did someone call for an interpreter 😀

3 members like this post: Crankin, fish, xoxide
2/11/17, 5:39 PM   #16
TQ29m

Oh I understand them, that's the problem, a guy with a Hornet has more leeway in building his engine, this class started out to be the in-between a national level engine, and a junkyard engine, something a person on a budget could build, and go racing for less than 10 grand, looks like a long shot now! Bob

1 member likes this post: jdull99
2/11/17, 9:03 PM   #17
kendirt

Quote:
Oh I understand them, that's the problem, a guy with a Hornet has more leeway in building his engine, this class started out to be the in-between a national level engine, and a junkyard engine, something a person on a budget could build, and go racing for less than 10 grand, looks like a long shot now! Bob
No

If you can do your own work and know how to shop for deals you can be out there and very competitive for ten grand.

If you think you need something just because a better funded team has it, there's not a class in the world you can have the best equipment for ten grand.

2/11/17, 9:34 PM   #18
TQ29m

Oh I can do the work, I have my own machine shop, I'm sayin this class should be the entry level class, with better parts allowed for the engine, cams, pistons, rods, dry sump, fuel-injection, you can do this and still keep costs under 10k, if you can do something yourself, that's where the fun and enjoyment come in, and if that doesn't wind your watch, mortgage the farm, and go for it, I'd love to run a midget, with a "stock appearing" engine, but not one that if I wash it or chg the oil in it after pulling it out of the junkyard, it is not legal, doesn't really appeal to me. We went thru all this about a year ago, the answers never did come forth. Bob
Last edited by TQ29m; 2/11/17 at 9:36 PM.

2/11/17, 10:43 PM   #19
kendirt

Quote:
Oh I can do the work, I have my own machine shop, I'm sayin this class should be the entry level class, with better parts allowed for the engine, cams, pistons, rods, dry sump, fuel-injection, you can do this and still keep costs under 10k, if you can do something yourself, that's where the fun and enjoyment come in, and if that doesn't wind your watch, mortgage the farm, and go for it, I'd love to run a midget, with a "stock appearing" engine, but not one that if I wash it or chg the oil in it after pulling it out of the junkyard, it is not legal, doesn't really appeal to me. We went thru all this about a year ago, the answers never did come forth. Bob
Don't know where you're at. BMARA has an eighteen race schedule this year that you can run exactly the engine you propose. Leave the stock cams in it and you can run POWRi/USAC Speed2.

I feel a little bad this is clogging up the Gator thread. If my work logistics could make it possible I'd be making the sixteen hour tow to run this race.

2/11/17, 11:19 PM   #20
Crankin

Quote:
I'm sayin this class should be the entry level class, with better parts allowed for the engine, cams, pistons......

I'd love to run a midget, with a "stock appearing" engine, but not one that if I wash it or chg the oil in it after pulling it out of the junkyard, it is not legal, doesn't really appeal to me. We went thru all this about a year ago, the answers never did come forth. Bob
You're either completely clueless, or a lamea** troll.

You went thru this a year ago, but answers never came?
What you really mean is you didn't get the answers you wanted.
If im correct, you're the guy who went out and bought a car with a friggin Dodge Colt in it before anyone had published any rules???? ... Then proceeded to whine about your REALLY out of date, and underpowered engine was never even on the table for discussion???

You're an all talk, no action, always find an excuse to blame someone else for why your not at the race track with your supposed cars.

Sorry to everyone else, but iam sooo sick of this guy who never has, and never will have a dog in the fight. Yet is right on top of every opportunity to say something negative about it to anyone and everyone... Including people who might be interested in getting involved, and an insult to those who are.

3 members like this post: fish, trannyman, xoxide
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Largest D-2 midget race in the world