IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bp?
7/13/09, 10:03 AM   #11
Re: Bp?
JMar47

BP,

By cherry picking do these guys mean when you went to Kokomo and Spanked them on the KISS series night? All the top dogs were there. or are they talking about the fact you have a chance to win all three track champoinships there yr. Please!!!

I totally understand the family racing gig and what is takes. You keep doin whatcha doin bro.

7/13/09, 10:07 AM   #12
SUPERDUKE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by psullivan View Post
sounds like a rational decision billy - there are those who fail to choose this route and are broke and out of the sport today. Folks, the last i saw this guy has been an lps and gas city champ- he doesn't have to apologize to anyone.
hayseed! You have all the answers in sprint car racing!!!!!!!!! Can you please tell me why it would take more money to race usac on the same tracks he been the track champion!!!!!!!!!!! Please??????????

---------- Post added at 10:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmar47 View Post
bp,

by cherry picking do these guys mean when you went to kokomo and spanked them on the kiss series night? All the top dogs were there. Or are they talking about the fact you have a chance to win all three track champoinships there yr. Please!!!

I totally understand the family racing gig and what is takes. You keep doin whatcha doin bro.
well i just wanted to see him race!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't go to many races anymore!!!!!!!!!!

7/13/09, 10:11 AM   #13
JMar47

Hey... I want to see BP out there just as much as you do. The sprint week thing can break you in a hurry. Tires. Guys driving over there heads.. How many Cars have been upside down in the last three nights???

7/13/09, 10:15 AM   #14
Shawn Harper

I'm sure if someone would put up the money and a car that was capable of winning, BP would run Indiana speed week. It's too bad this hasn't happened, because this guy can flat ass drive the wheel's off a car. Maybe next year Billy!

1 member likes this post: billwill7
7/13/09, 10:24 AM   #15
DIRT-TRACK-JUNKIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMar47 View Post
Hey... I want to see BP out there just as much as you do. The sprint week thing can break you in a hurry. Tires. Guys driving over there heads.. How many Cars have been upside down in the last three nights???
Don't run all the shows. If your a track champion and you think you "own the track", then run those tracks. He would have run Gas City and Kokomo if it wasn't Sprint Week. He's a sprintcar driver get in the car and drive.

1 member likes this post: SUPERDUKE
7/13/09, 10:39 AM   #16
sprinter25

And this thread show what's wrong with forums like this....

Billy has been accused of cherry-picking, cheating, and avoiding the USAC boys at the tracks where he's won championships, when he's got on here and explained that it's budget constraints that are keeping him off track. If someone would step up with some bucks and sponsor Billy, I'm sure that he'd love to racing Speedweek. Sad that some feel that Billy's decisions are flawed....

I guess some folks' opinions are just a little colored. Not that my opinion matters much here, but just ignore those points of view, Billy. You can't please everyone......

3 members like this post: Fred Zirzow, Seadog, turn4
7/13/09, 10:50 AM   #17
Hubie

Superduke, a legend in his own mind

3 members like this post: Seadog, SUPERDUKE, terrehautian
7/13/09, 11:01 AM   #18
psullivan

Duke, come'on you must be really bored.
Last edited by psullivan; 7/13/09 at 11:16 AM.

1 member likes this post: SUPERDUKE
7/13/09, 11:07 AM   #19
john3g

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinter25 View Post
And this thread show what's wrong with forums like this....

Billy has been accused of cherry-picking, cheating, and avoiding the USAC boys at the tracks where he's won championships, when he's got on here and explained that it's budget constraints that are keeping him off track. If someone would step up with some bucks and sponsor Billy, I'm sure that he'd love to racing Speedweek. Sad that some feel that Billy's decisions are flawed....

I guess some folks' opinions are just a little colored. Not that my opinion matters much here, but just ignore those points of view, Billy. You can't please everyone......
I agree.. Not choosing wisely where to race would be the dumbest thing to do for a family owned and operated team. "Cherry Picking" I don't believe in that term. Not when it comes to paying for the expenses outta pocket. In todays world you go where you can justify unloading and lets be real for what it cost to run with USAC and the way their format is and the cost just to sign in, it just isn't a smart decision for weekend warrior like Billy,who in my opinion can get the job done without question on any given night. It seems the "CHERRY PICKING" term is always thrown around by people that have no idea about the cost involved. I don't blame anyone for going to a place like VCS while USAC is running at Gas City. Why not? Chin up Billy you maybe one of only a few smart ones....
Last edited by john3g; 7/13/09 at 11:08 AM.

2 members like this post: billwill7, Brewer 14
7/13/09, 11:14 AM   #20
mortboyz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERDUKE View Post
hayseed! You have all the answers in sprint car racing!!!!!!!!! Can you please tell me why it would take more money to race usac on the same tracks he been the track champion!!!!!!!!!!! Please??????????

---------- Post added at 10:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

well i just wanted to see him race!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't go to many races anymore!!!!!!!!!!
From looking through old USAC Yearbooks, you apparently didn't "show up" to many back in the day, either :2:

2 members like this post: agar, awnunn
Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bp?