IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Prayers for Robert Ballou
8/26/12, 11:23 AM   #11
VSneader2

Race Count This Year: 2
Race Count Last Year: 11

Talked to sacha this morning she said they were going back to the hospital today robert is complaining of back pain. Sure do pray that it is nothing other then being sore.

Posted via Mobile Device

8/26/12, 1:27 PM   #12
Re: Prayers for Robert Ballou
DIRT

get well MADMAN hope you have a speedy recovery...

1 member likes this post: I Miss Manzy
8/26/12, 3:25 PM   #13
BKarraker

Get well soon Robert. Prayers your way

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: I Miss Manzy
8/26/12, 3:34 PM   #14
I Miss Manzy

Happened right in front of me.......absolutely horrifying! SO glad to hear my bud's on the mend!
Last edited by I Miss Manzy; 8/27/12 at 5:57 AM.

8/26/12, 9:51 PM   #15
Bad Dad 54

Heard Robrert had a nasty crash, then saw pic's posted on FB of the car, yuk. Hope he's ok

8/26/12, 9:56 PM   #16
Stevensville Mike

Q: When Robert went over and landed on his top, his throttle was hung wide open. We could all see and hear the rear wheels spinning. The track crew got there as soon as they could, and then the engine cut out.

Is there a kill switch on the USAC sprinters? Or, if not, if a car is on it's lid, if you were first on the scene, how would you kill it? Just reach for the ignition switch? Is it in a standard place?

1 member likes this post:
8/26/12, 9:58 PM   #17
sprintcar#31

Wow! Get well soon Madman!!

8/26/12, 10:34 PM   #18
19racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike View Post
Q: When Robert went over and landed on his top, his throttle was hung wide open. We could all see and hear the rear wheels spinning. The track crew got there as soon as they could, and then the engine cut out.

Is there a kill switch on the USAC sprinters? Or, if not, if a car is on it's lid, if you were first on the scene, how would you kill it? Just reach for the ignition switch? Is it in a standard place?
I was first one to ballou car when it was on his side wheels spinning with motor wide open. They all have fuel shut off and switches but not all in same place from drivers I spoke to. I seen wheels spinning at a very high rate of speed fuel pouring from the tank as I rode up only had few seconds to decide what I was going to do and how. I just got down braced myself with car reach in found switch and shut it down. After it was all done you sit back and think how very lucky he was and what it could've led up to for everyone involved. I was relieved to see him climb from car with assistance. In my 24 years of working races that's the worst crash I have personally been involved with. Glad to see the rest involved walk away

Posted via Mobile Device

8/27/12, 12:57 AM   #19
Dannypollock24

Race Count This Year: 22
Race Count Last Year: 30 +

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike View Post

Yes we all have a kill switch and a fuel shut off valve, some are located in different spots as drivers preference, kill switch is on the dash and close for us to reach due to our arm restraints so we can reach it and it kills the motor faster than the shut off valve!

Get well Robert I hate hearing about this whole deal especially when it's a friend!

Danny 24
Last edited by Dannypollock24; 8/27/12 at 1:02 AM.

1 member likes this post: cmakin
8/27/12, 1:22 AM   #20
Stevensville Mike

Thanks for the response, 19. Both here on the forum and on the track for Robert.

5 members like this post: buck2, Dannypollock24, jim goerge, OTSNWR
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Prayers for Robert Ballou