IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Midget Square Tail Tank
1/3/13, 9:59 PM   #181
dirtflinger

I wish I had a dollar for each time this thread has been viewed!!! I could buy myself a couple of square fuel tanks.

Posted via Mobile Device

4 members like this post: GasIt4, Hotshoe65s, LRP36, SETracing71
1/3/13, 10:01 PM   #182
Re: Midget Square Tail Tank
luckybuc97

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 11

Going on31,000 views.

1/3/13, 10:20 PM   #183
DAD

RULES??? "KISS"

Honest Dad himself

1 member likes this post: are39
1/3/13, 10:24 PM   #184
Hotshoe65s

Early contender for thread of the year. A lot of year left, but I don't see many threads beating 31,000+ views

Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: GasIt4, luckybuc97
1/3/13, 10:28 PM   #185
indysix

Square, Round, Triangle the concern should be the safety of the tank. I believe a concern with the original design was that the tank was attached to the bumper underneath the tank. An obvious concern if a hard rear, or side, impact happens in such a confined space. If that was corrected then all is well, old tube size aside. The promoter made his decision and you live by it. Put the effort into figuring a way to beat them. I believe a victory using his equipment and your obviously superior intellect would quell many a doubter. I say take him up on his offer and put all your resources into the one car and lets see what ya got Don.

1/3/13, 11:33 PM   #186
Tony Stewart

Don, you keep digging your hole deeper every time you make your next post. You mentioned earlier that you were glad that someone made a post that didn't involve personalities. You were the one that threw the first stone here. You stated that "it was rumored that the car owner.......". Then in a post shortly following you disrespected me and a large group of USAC officials, drivers, and photographers when you called us "the our gang comedy". Now i'm not a college grad but it's very obvious that you have a major problem with me for whatever reason. I'm going to clarify the two issues that you have been so set on complaining about. 1st, the tire rule that you have made such a big deal about. I got a LF tire that was too small by the rules. It was on my car all night on friday and nobody said a word about it. It was 100% my fault. I didn't realize that it wasn't allowed in the rules. I was asked to not run it on Saturday, by an official that stated that you were the one that had complained about it, and we took it off the car and put a legal LF back on it. I want everyone including yourself to understand that it was my mistake and in no way was it to try to "cheat" the rules. and for the record, the results were the same both nights. We won both features. So as you can clearly see, the tire in question was not a factor in the outcome of the race. 2nd, the fuel cell i asked the team to build for me after the rumble last year. Once again it was my fault for not checking the rules before i had it built. Again i didn't build it with intentions of "cheating". I did build it to get under your skin.I understand that this does not excuse a rules infraction but we unloaded the car Thursday night and not one official or competitor came to us and mentioned that is was illegal or that we needed to change it. The fuel tank from last year was in the trailer in case we crashed the square tail thru the weekend and could have been easily changed if we were asked to do so. Again about the cost of changes to these cars, and everyones cars due to technology and necessity. We have been asked to make changes to my cars more than any team at the event over past years. I have had to spend a lot of wasted dollars to conform to constant rules changes every year because of complaining from whomever. I have never threatened to quit nor have i voiced my displeasure over petty rules changes that have never made a difference to the racing on the track. I've been racing for 34 yrs now and have never seen so much controversy from a single event in my whole career. Ft. Wayne is a lot of fun to me and a great chance to catch up with old racing friends that i only get to see once a year. With that being said, I will continue to do everything we are asked to without complaint, to conform to whatever rules Tony B. sets forth. Once again, i take responsibility for the two issues you are so upset about. I have no reason to "cheat". You said a lot of malicious comments about me thru this thread before i ever responded. I think you are a hypocrite thru this entire thread. It is plain as day for everyone to see for themselves. I'm really sorry that you have such a huge problem with me and my 22yr old car. I guess if i would't have bought it and the other car for the man that designed it to drive, then there wouldn't have been copies of the car built, and there would be around 8 less cars for the fans to watch and you to worry about. You mentioned the state of midget racing and how it's struggling. Do you really think all of what you are complaining about every year is in an effort to help that issue. I don't see it. I see a lot of people thru this thread that are obviously tired of hearing the same routine from you. This event is suppose to be fun for everyone, but it is obvious you don't care much about that. If you think that i will give up because of you, then you are sadly mistaken. I will put more effort into kicking your ass every year. Not that it's been very hard when it comes to your car so far! Good luck to you in the future, that's what racing is all about.

1/3/13, 11:35 PM   #187
Daveyal28

I agree with Smoke.Like him or not.He can wheel a car.Go Smoke.

3 members like this post: bpa94, Justin Stump, utex28
1/3/13, 11:41 PM   #188
Justin Stump
Inactive Member

Thanks for the targeted debate, I needed a few laughs. Don, sounds to me like Tony put the ball in your court. Guess it's time to take the shot or set the bench.

1/3/13, 11:46 PM   #189
GasIt4

I think it's time for Piano Man to poop or get off the pot! Looks like you pissed off a lot of people now including Tony. You might wanna prepare your car even better next year Don cause I have a feeling tony is coming after you more than he is going for the win!

Posted via Mobile Device

1/3/13, 11:46 PM   #190
Vukie

We need to hear what Larry O. has to say about this matter.

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Midget Square Tail Tank