IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lawrencburg updates tonight?
10/8/07, 12:58 PM   #181
Re: Lawrencburg updates tonight?
tjtomthumb

Actually Don, I was in a hurry on the way out the door and got the line-up from the wrong spot, off page 8 of this thread and it was not the line-up, it was just a list of cars in the A-main so far. Sorry for the error, I guess Ballou did start 2nd, but Swindell was 7th on the start, darland started 4th, shuman started 12th, Anderson 14th, Cottle 15th, and oh my, instead of the 36 starting 7th it actually started 3rd? Guess we both need to do a little more homework. Not going to argue this back and forth, don't really care. I enjoyed myself Saturday night and that is really my only concern.

10/8/07, 1:17 PM   #182
Tim Clauson

10/8/07, 1:22 PM   #183
kawkaw2

I have to agree with Kevin and Don Short completely. The track was not ready, and the racing was not competitive. As Kevin said, the only passing happened when someone pushed off the track and the trailing cars went by. Until the final 10 laps of the feature, it was follow the leader. I don't think even the great last 10 laps was worth the $25/$35. I watched the guys running in the track and was surprised they didn't run the bottom, but I know for a fact Stanbrough & Briscoe did run in the muck and thru it up all over, but no one else would follow. John needed the bottom to try to get to the front, it didn't work. I don't blame Mel/Dave for there effort, I saw them all week out there prepping. For whatever reason, the track just wasn't ready and the racers and fans missed an opportunity to finish 2007 with a big payday/great race.

10/8/07, 1:34 PM   #184
riskybrisky5

Tim I wish we could discuss this in person this is why I hate the message board part. Everything comes off the wrong way. Please reread my post. It was just a mistake on Mels part putting the last coat of water on. Not to his fault came cloud cover. All I was saying is an extra 1/2 hour and the track would have been a 2 groove track. I gave a suggestion that would make it 2 grooves by the semis and not taken any longer but was not put into place. It was the same conditions for everyone and I agree with that. You had to deal with what you had and some did better with it than others. All I was trying to say is when you have blind draw I think we have to do the best we can to give 2 grooves. It could have been achieved this night and it wasnt. Some tracks it just happens and nothing can be done about it, but Sat. they could have. I wish I wouldnt have posted I told myself not to but I did because I knew it would be misunderstood. But I did pack the bottom everytime I got the chance.

10/8/07, 2:07 PM   #185
tjtomthumb

I'm with you Kevin on wishing I hadn't posted here also. I have a lot of respect for you and Don both. You have a legit complaint, but sorry Don, your car started 3rd and ran I believe 8th. I really don't see how you expect me or anyone else to support your complaint.

Hope to see you both at Kokomo in a couple weeks and wish you the best.

10/8/07, 2:11 PM   #186
OpenwheelRob

The track is the same for everyone agreed? I know I know, if you weren't lucky enough to pick a pill up front you didn't have much of a chance but sometimes that's how it goes, suck it up and race another day. Don't cry about it openly/publicly all that does is make you look like a whiner or complainer or I'm sorry for sayin a cry baby in other words (Kevin Swindell). In my opinion anyway.

If they waited to run the track in fans b****, if it's too wet drivers or owners b**** how the hell can you win? Mr. Rudisell I don't envy you but as they say this is the business you chose. But here is my advice for the Lburg staff, get a good crystal ball that tells you the weather accurately and where cloud cover could be at all times as well as just the right amount of water to put on the track. Oh, and can you make sure to be done early, and most of all make sure all my favorite big name drivers make the show and run up front. I think that just about does it huh?

10/8/07, 2:13 PM   #187
dshort36

tom get this thru your head .i am not complaining about how ny car finished at all am quite pleased,,,,,,,,,,,,geez .......i am complaing about the track conditions for all involved..........can you read?

10/8/07, 2:26 PM   #188
riskybrisky5

I know that I sound like I am whining when actually Im not. I was really happy, with the way my season has gone, just to make the show out of over 70 cars. I was just giving the fans a perstpective from the racer on the track conditions and the pill draw. I imagine 95% of the drivers agree with my statements on this night but didnt want to come on here and seem like a whiner. But that has always been my downfall I speak what I believe in( I guess I went to too many races with Jack Hewitt lol). I was just upset that there was know effort by whoever to force the racers to pack it in before everyrace and yellows, not taking any extra time. It would have took 4 people at most standing on the track forcing us down there. When line up give us 1 to go and go. Racing would have been much better by feature time. A few cars could not get the job done. Racers are ****** if they were starting up front they were not going to run in the bottom. That is why we needed someone to force them to.

10/8/07, 2:29 PM   #189
cecil98

i would much rather have a track a little too much on the heavy side than a shiny black dust bowl. if they would have run the bottom in with the rest of it, the track would've been perfect. i would call it, simply, a "slight" miscalculation. i thought it was a great night.

10/8/07, 2:41 PM   #190
OpenwheelRob

Perhaps the other drivers didn't want to run the bottom, I don't see anyone saying why not force the guys to run in the top either. If those 95% agree with you then shame on them for not saying so but those 95% are the ones who weren't in the top 5 also, so I'm sure if they didn't get the finish they wanted their upset and the track has to be the reason right?

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lawrencburg updates tonight?