IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New Midwest TQ Racing Series Forming
9/14/08, 7:57 PM   #161
Re: New Midwest TQ Racing Series Forming
STPHusband

Additional Info about the New Midwest TQ Racing League's First Race at Greensburg on Sat Sept 27....

This is the first annual Battle of the TQs: Indiana Dirt. TQs from other series welcome to race with racers showing their current TQ membership card receive an additional payout bonus.

9/15/08, 12:33 PM   #162
Daddyo

I always have questioned an advertisement such as this "First Annual". How can it be an "Annual" if it has not happened yet. Would it not be an "Innagural" for the first time and then an "Annual" each year after? Just a question not wanting to start anything as I no longer have a vested interest in TQ's outside of being a spectator only.

9/15/08, 1:26 PM   #163
Zach_Cougill92

I have a few comments about this weekend at Greensburg. I have always been very pleased with the UMRA and have been running with them for 4 years now. But this weekend might have been the worst experience i have had with them. This was supposed to be a "BIG" payout weekend, that meaning $500 to win and $100 just to start the A main. Now when i think 100 dollars to start i think a $100 plus our usual winnings, but i thought wrong. I finished 9th and recieved $100 the same as the guy who finished 25th, and i forgot to mention that i started 18th and knew that i had no chance of winning, but if i would have known that i could just take the green flag and pull of and recieved the same amount of money, i would have just saved my equipment.

If you thought that was the only complaint i had, you were wrong. Now if you did not attend the race on Saturday, the UMRA decided to do qualifications a little different. It was 6 cars for 6 laps and your BEST LAP of the 6 was your time. I went out in the 4th group and ran my 6 laps, next thing you know they come up to me telling me i had to go out again, because none of my laps were recorded. No big deal RIGHT, I go out and run 6 more laps. I come in and they start calling off the times, and i thought that i had missed my time, but they clocked me at
25th quick out of the 27 cars that had quilafied. I knew that i had ran faster than that, when i asked Karen (YES I will throw out names) how i ran so slow, she said and i quote " I had to AVERAGE the only 3 laps that we recorded on you"and she said this" I would have guessed on your time but i had no idea what time you had ran?" now sense when do you AVERAGE a Qualifing time, and how do we know if someone really ran what they ran if they are willing to guess on your time??? If they were to see that times we not being recorded peoperly from the start, why would they continue to qualify? So to sum this up one person (ME), had to suffer from one clubs mistakes, and instead of me starting inside the top ten of the A main i had to start in the back of the field. O and i forgot to mention that i won my heat and beat all six other cars that qualified "FASTER" than i did.

NOW DOES THAT SEEM FAIr?

9/15/08, 1:43 PM   #164
jontheturboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach_Cougill92 View Post
I have a few comments about this weekend at Greensburg. I have always been very pleased with the UMRA and have been running with them for 4 years now. But this weekend might have been the worst experience i have had with them. This was supposed to be a "BIG" payout weekend, that meaning $500 to win and $100 just to start the A main. Now when i think 100 dollars to start i think a $100 plus our usual winnings, but i thought wrong. I finished 9th and recieved $100 the same as the guy who finished 25th, and i forgot to mention that i started 18th and knew that i had no chance of winning, but if i would have known that i could just take the green flag and pull of and recieved the same amount of money, i would have just saved my equipment.

If you thought that was the only complaint i had, you were wrong. Now if you did not attend the race on Saturday, the UMRA decided to do qualifications a little different. It was 6 cars for 6 laps and your BEST LAP of the 6 was your time. I went out in the 4th group and ran my 6 laps, next thing you know they come up to me telling me i had to go out again, because none of my laps were recorded. No big deal RIGHT, I go out and run 6 more laps. I come in and they start calling off the times, and i thought that i had missed my time, but they clocked me at
25th quick out of the 27 cars that had quilafied. I knew that i had ran faster than that, when i asked Karen (YES I will throw out names) how i ran so slow, she said and i quote " I had to AVERAGE the only 3 laps that we recorded on you"and she said this" I would have guessed on your time but i had no idea what time you had ran?" now sense when do you AVERAGE a Qualifing time, and how do we know if someone really ran what they ran if they are willing to guess on your time??? If they were to see that times we not being recorded peoperly from the start, why would they continue to qualify? So to sum this up one person (ME), had to suffer from one clubs mistakes, and instead of me starting inside the top ten of the A main i had to start in the back of the field. O and i forgot to mention that i won my heat and beat all six other cars that qualified "FASTER" than i did.

NOW DOES THAT SEEM FAIr?
No Zach it doesn't.
Sounds like you got boned.
Thanks for speaking up.

9/15/08, 2:25 PM   #165
Sandy Lowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach_Cougill92 View Post

NOW DOES THAT SEEM FAIr?
Just to clarify:

Zach's post that is quoted above was about the UMRA TQ midget race that was held at Greensburg last Saturday (September 15th).

This thread is about the Midwest TQ Racing League which will be putting on their first race Saturday September 27th at Greensburg.

The Midwest TQ Racing League and UMRA are two separate clubs.
Last edited by Sandy Lowe; 9/16/08 at 11:41 AM. Reason: typo

9/15/08, 4:15 PM   #166
Zach_Cougill92

Quote:
Originally Posted by powderpuff View Post
Funny anyone should have any complains about Sat. Sept 15th UMRA race @ Greensburg.. If you go to the posting "UMRA @ GREENSBURG" they seem to have watched & Ran a different race..
Well it was a good night for those who got treated fairly.

9/15/08, 5:59 PM   #167
STP

Race Count Last Year: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddyo View Post
I always have questioned an advertisement such as this "First Annual". How can it be an "Annual" if it has not happened yet. Would it not be an "Innagural" for the first time and then an "Annual" each year after? Just a question not wanting to start anything as I no longer have a vested interest in TQ's outside of being a spectator only.
How about the Inaugural Battle of the TQs: Indiana Dirt? Sorry, Daddyo, English wasn't my favorite class. LOL

Are there any TQs series racing in Tennessee? It's been a while since I've been down there to see a race.

9/16/08, 7:31 AM   #168
tqracer65

Man Zach that sounds like a fair attempt for you NOT. Thats a pretty bad situation.

9/16/08, 12:08 PM   #169
badcoupe

I don't think they race down there anymore we bought our rookie car down there, it was the points champ, everyone was selling their cars because the club had went down. This was in 98-99, I know alot of the cars went to florida from down there. Most of those guys we talked to were building stock cars.

9/16/08, 12:18 PM   #170
tqracer65

where are you talking about??

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New Midwest TQ Racing Series Forming