IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kevin Miller experiment
8/18/09, 7:19 PM   #131
Re: Kevin Miller experiment
dirtywhiteboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Spridgeon View Post
Yeah, not sure where that low blow came from. I guess asking a person who probably knows what his competitors are saying as much or more than anyone else is a bad thing? What's with the bitterness? Is it jealousy? Tonight is my 86th race of the year...it's just easy to pick up on these things when one hits that many as an objective observer...
Posted via Mobile Device

Your posts sure seem objective, NOT

8/19/09, 6:32 AM   #132
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

What happened to page 10?

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

8/19/09, 10:16 AM   #133
Fred Zirzow

Race Count This Year: 65
Race Count Last Year: 49

there is no page 10 yet!

8/19/09, 1:53 PM   #134

So many story lines here. So I will start with the bash on Kirk. Kirk have you ever herd your to close to the story? I am a very optimistic person, but you are Tring to make Usac sound like every single race is the same quality as an Indiana Sprint week show. Lets face it, There a some good races every single year. There are some spectacular moments, but most is pretty average racing with some decent story lines. I am glad u are patinate about what you follow, but my point about being to close is, u get that inside scoop to make a lack lust 12 car race exciting. The problem is NO ONE SHARES IT WITH THE FANS. no matter how many cars you have, the fans need to know the little things to, this goes back to USAC not promoting itself. Heck I do not even think USAC tries to do it thru there own P.A. guys. (yes they have good guys to listen to, but they don't talk nearly enough about stuff going on with racers). All across the board, fans are losing touch with drivers. Why does Dave Darland have the most fans, people know him from the past. Not many people promoting these new kids. Very few fans visit website like this to get inside info, to make the race more exciting. That why I think you are blinded by the light on this issue. Now to the comments of drivers and teams traveling around and able to make a living and the complaint of drivers not getting paid enough money. I added up a Usac purse one time at Anderson speedway. The total purse for the night was over $20,000. One thing never mentioned was the price of the sanctioning fee's. I have no idea how many people are on the payroll, but I see several faces at each event. I always see multiple Usac vehicles. Now they bring a safety team along (not saying this is bad), and I have seen a semi at each even I have been to. All that has a cost. Each person that works for Usac adds cost. Lets face it, the head guys are not working for a measly 20k a year or anything like that. Last comment, changes can be made quickly and easily, especially when you the fewest amount of drivers ever. To the average fan, it looks like he has not made improvements with Usac. Average fans have this opinion, because when Usac comes to there track, there local drivers are setting in the stands watching with them, noting how much money they saved by not running that night. Yes there are several instances where the local driver run and are successful, but ask around, if your not one of the top 3 to 5 best at the track, you are not going to make the feature, so why spend the extra money to try. As long as the local racer thinks this, Usac will never be what it was. This is why I support local tracks and don't go out of my way to watch a usac show anymore.

2 members like this post: mowerman, pgray
8/19/09, 4:28 PM   #135
pgray

First time I've ever seen a thread stuck back on past pages , not being allowed to bump back to top of page one with new posts.
Given the nature of the thread , should I be surprised ?

8/19/09, 4:52 PM   #136
AERO410SCJA

Race Count This Year: 24

Btt

8/19/09, 5:30 PM   #137
Ovalmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgray View Post
First time I've ever seen a thread stuck back on past pages , not being allowed to bump back to top of page one with new posts.
Given the nature of the thread , should I be surprised ?

We are on page 10, now you can't click on page 11. Must have been some pretty damning info deleted huh? And you're correct, I've never seen a thread that didn't bump to the top either.
David

8/20/09, 9:57 AM   #138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovalmeister View Post
We are on page 10, now you can't click on page 11. Must have been some pretty damning info deleted huh? And you're correct, I've never seen a thread that didn't bump to the top either.
David
This happens from time to time. What did u guys expect, you got into it with a Yellow name :2:. Ovalmeister u hit the nail on the head when you told kirk to walk a mile in there shoes. I garuntee you i hit over 70 motorsports events every year for the last 15 years. I really though i had a good handle on things. So i decided to put on the promoter hat and ventured back out into the world. Its amazing the stuff i have learned. Things are deffinatly different. It really changes your perspective on everything.This year alone i will promte 6 different types of motorsports events. Its amazing how different things are, even though from the stands they look like the same thing.

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kevin Miller experiment