IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > that updates
9/14/09, 3:23 PM   #121
Re: that updates
Fullthrottle410

ThrowbackRacingTeam,
Not offended at all, sorry if my reply sounded that way, it was not my intent. I was just kind of rushed getting there when in the end I did not need to be in such a hurry. It never really bothers me how long the nights racing takes as long as the show runs smoothly, and for the most part I think it did. I do agree, 6:30 ended up being a great start time. I was expecting the track to dry out, but it never really did. Hopefully they learn from this and 6-6:30 becomes the normal starting time. I did have great time, was a good night of racing. Glad to hear you thought so as well.

9/14/09, 3:52 PM   #122
Mr. Happy

Last edited by Mr. Happy; 9/14/09 at 6:02 PM.

1 member likes this post: SteveD
9/14/09, 3:56 PM   #123
Robert Ballou

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowbackRacingTeam View Post
hey rob,

thanks for answering my question and not taking it the wrong way. We were at terre haute and yes they did take awhile with the cautions. I agree with people not liking the down tubes and such at those times. We were kind of the same way! I know the whole weight issue is a big deal, but honestly the sprint cars should be mandated to use bigger tanks, a red for a fuel stop is unacceptable. I believe sprint cars used to have 41 gal tanks at one time, and they looked a lot better then. 1175 lbs is WAY too light for sprint cars, they dont need to be that light, im sure you'd agree, if only for a safety issue. We saw Brad Sweets Triple XXX sprinter after his wreck at Osky and there were BROKEN WELDS!!!!!!!!!!! and the thing was WAY too bent up for the ride he took, sure he walked away but BROKEN WELDS, come on! If we don't learn the lessons from the past (RE: early 80's late 70's) when cars got so light they were breaking apart and killing guys, we are doomed to repeat them!

Really sorry for your bad luck and i hope the rumor about you guys getting banned from Eldora next week isn't true, you guys have ALWAYS been one of our favorite racing teams to watch and you guys do a hell of a job week in and week out!

And one more thing, for all you people that are ******** about the time it took to run the overall program, WHY ARE YOU IN SUCH A HURRY TO GET HOME???? Are you in that big a hurry to get to your couch to watch tv? if they had started at 5 we would have had a dry slick dusty track before time trials!!! As it was it was the best track we have seen for years and some of the best racing all year!!!! I paid $25 bucks and drove 4 1/2 hrs I dont want to turn around and go home at 9!!!!!!!! One of the reasons why there have been crappy track conditions is the way too early start times!

Joe Stroehle
Hey Joe I am almost positive that Brad sweet was in a maxim @ osky and there have been more maxims come apart this year than any other car in the country non wing racin that is....but I may be wrong
Posted via Mobile Device

9/14/09, 4:38 PM   #124
Geoff Kaiser

When did they change from JEI?

9/14/09, 4:53 PM   #125
Kirk Spridgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Kaiser View Post
When did they change from JEI?
For 2009. KKR has been running a Maxim Sprint Car all year on dirt, just like in their World of Outlaws program.

9/14/09, 5:55 PM   #126
ThrowbackRacingTeam

I guess they started out with maxims, but i am telling you it was a Triple X, it was just sitting there in pieces in the pits afterward. It had a triple x sticker on the down tube. my guess is when they started talking about cutting back (i mean they weren't even at Terre haute!) they switched to a cheaper chassis. you get what you pay for when you buy a Chinese (even if it is just the steel) chassis! Robert, i just saw at Terre haute you had one now so i am guessing you can relate to why KKR switched, they're a lot cheaper then the rest and when you are low on funds and looking to save a buck, a chassis thats $1000 cheaper looks appealing, but be careful. I AM NOT EXAGGERATING OR MISTAKEN, a triple x chassis had broken welds!!!! Unless Brad Sweet or someone from KKR comes on here and explains why a triple x sticker was on a maxim and convinces me otherwise, i know what i saw.
There was a guy from the Baldwin Team that was standing right next to us that can confirm it as well, sorry cant remember his name but if hes looking at this please post and back me up!
Joe Stroehle

P.S. Great run on Sat. with all the commotion at the end i didn't realize how high you finished!
Last edited by ThrowbackRacingTeam; 9/14/09 at 6:02 PM.

9/14/09, 6:54 PM   #127
cshuman

Ummmm... KKR runs Maxims... BUT.. Travis Rilat also destroyed a car that night, and tore it down after the races and left it, just as KKR did, they were pitted fairly close to each other if I remember correctly....... and guess what kind of chassis he was running that night???? XXX
Last edited by cshuman; 9/14/09 at 6:57 PM.

9/14/09, 6:59 PM   #128
Kirk Spridgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cshuman View Post
Ummmm... KKR runs Maxims... BUT.. Travis Rilat also destroyed a car that night, and tore it down after the races and left it, just as KKR did.. and guess what kind of chassis he was running that night???? XXX
Beat me to it, Casey. That finally came to me. Rilat's crew came to the Knoxville car wash the next day with the few remaining parts in the bed of a truck. That was a brand new car.

In addition to Ballou, Yeleys also put a XXX together, which J.J. turned over at Lakeside. I've also heard Baldwin is getting a few...?

9/14/09, 7:50 PM   #129
Eagle14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Spridgeon View Post
Beat me to it, Casey. That finally came to me. Rilat's crew came to the Knoxville car wash the next day with the few remaining parts in the bed of a truck. That was a brand new car.

In addition to Ballou, Yeleys also put a XXX together, which J.J. turned over at Lakeside. I've also heard Baldwin is getting a few...?
Yea I also heard Baldwin is getting a few as well Spridge....

9/14/09, 7:59 PM   #130
BrentTFunk

I will agree that Saturday's race left a lot to be desired. I honestly feel that all the problems were due to the track crews slow response time . With that being said the push trucks did great for the number of trucks they had. The wreckers not so good with out the delays Levi may not have gotten a flat, and so many front runners would not have run out of fuel. I know the track had some of the same problems at an earlier MSCS race. Hopefully they are learning from their mistakes, and we will all see a better product next time. Congrats to the survivors.

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > that updates