IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

View Poll Results: Should blankets to mark seats be allowed days before the show?
Yes 54 23.08%
No 166 70.94%
special circumstances only 14 5.98%
Voters: 234. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Should there be blankets allowed to be put down before the nights events
9/10/09, 6:27 PM   #121
Re: Should there be blankets allowed to be put down before the nights events
mowerman

Race Count This Year: 13
Race Count Last Year: 87

Randy, I seen yours there , I put my 5 down right next to yours , hope you dont mind.

9/10/09, 6:31 PM   #122
LittleRube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew S. Quinn View Post
With that way of thinking,if I get up to take a leak,someone can just sit where I have been setting.
You won't have to if you have to sit there when the gates open til the races are over. You can't even get up to get something to drink
Posted via Mobile Device

9/10/09, 6:40 PM   #123
FishBurger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowerman View Post
Randy, I seen yours there , I put my 5 down right next to yours , hope you dont mind.
Hmmm, I'd better leave right now if I have any hope of finding a spot for my ample yegas (rhymes with Vegas).
It's only Thursday.........and I must be off.

9/10/09, 6:47 PM   #124
LittleRube

Quote:
Bob don't admit what race it was but weren't we at a race that we had to sit on the 2nd to the bottom row and you didn't hear any ******** about good seats!!
Posted via Mobile Device

9/10/09, 7:10 PM   #125
AERO410SCJA

Race Count This Year: 24

Quote:
Guess you 2 don't like the top row since I was there Monday and put yellow caution tape across the hole top row

9/10/09, 7:20 PM   #126
mowerman

Race Count This Year: 13
Race Count Last Year: 87

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRube View Post
Bob don't admit what race it was but weren't we at a race that we had to sit on the 2nd to the bottom row and you didn't hear any ******** about good seats!!
Posted via Mobile Device
your right rube, woo at vegas in march. we were there 2 days early. but parades are usually easy to see from anywhere.

9/16/09, 9:19 AM   #127
c47

williams grove keeps the gates locked until they are opened for ticket sales. the only way to beat that system is hope the pit gate opens earlier, buy a pit pass and haul azz up and save the seats. and if its a 2 day show and you leave blankets, expect them not to be there when you show up the next day.
there is usually a "blanket line" at each gate that reserves spots in line.

i didnt know grandview opened early and allowed people in to reserve seats. this is another track with a "blanket line" but they have taken it a lot further. people now make signs with their name on it and hang them by the main gate....sometimes weeks in advance of a big show.....and the signs are SUPPOSE to be your reserved spot in line come race day.
apparently some people dont agree with this policy and have taken to re-arranging the sign order and/or just taking them all and throwing them in the garbage

9/16/09, 11:08 AM   #128
AERO410SCJA

Race Count This Year: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by c47 View Post
williams grove keeps the gates locked until they are opened for ticket sales. the only way to beat that system is hope the pit gate opens earlier, buy a pit pass and haul azz up and save the seats. and if its a 2 day show and you leave blankets, expect them not to be there when you show up the next day.
there is usually a "blanket line" at each gate that reserves spots in line.

i didnt know grandview opened early and allowed people in to reserve seats. this is another track with a "blanket line" but they have taken it a lot further. people now make signs with their name on it and hang them by the main gate....sometimes weeks in advance of a big show.....and the signs are SUPPOSE to be your reserved spot in line come race day.
apparently some people dont agree with this policy and have taken to re-arranging the sign order and/or just taking them all and throwing them in the garbage
C-47 You forgot to mention the TOP 2 ROWS at the GROVE front and back stretch are reserved for the whole year

Grandview has some "will call" or v.i.p. deal that gets you in before general admission(at least they did 3 years ago for the USAC race)

9/16/09, 12:04 PM   #129
c47

"Grandview has some "will call" or v.i.p. deal that gets you in before general admission(at least they did 3 years ago for the USAC race"

thats a bob miller/thunder on the hill show. his shows are run a bit different than the normal weekly grandview shows.

9/16/09, 12:19 PM   #130
SteveD

I don't mind the blankets, its all the damn fleas jumping off them that gets under my skin............Some of those blankets look like the Indians gave'em back !! If you have a swarm of flies following you into the track maybe its time to take the garden hose to it between racing seasons. A splash of bleach in that cooler (bait box) every other year might make that green mung stop growing. You might consider shaking the fish scales off of it in the parking lot before bringing it into the stands. Other than that, blankets are the real deal.
Last edited by SteveD; 9/30/09 at 7:09 AM.

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Should there be blankets allowed to be put down before the nights events