IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > World Of Outlaws Non Wing 2022
12/21/21, 12:35 AM   #121
Rhody

Race Count This Year: 9

And some of us actually prefer winged racing and don't appreciate being insulted. I have seen both and done both. I prefer winged. Doesn't mean I dislike wingless. But my brain does function, or maybe I just managed to get an engineering degree without a functioning brain...

2 members like this post: motorhead748, PIT CART
12/21/21, 8:14 AM   #122
motorhead748

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
And some of us actually prefer winged racing and don't appreciate being insulted. I have seen both and done both. I prefer winged. Doesn't mean I dislike wingless. But my brain does function, or maybe I just managed to get an engineering degree without a functioning brain...
Same for me, I’ve owned & drove both, I prefer wings but enjoy it all… it’s funny to me that a predominately wing fan can go and watch & enjoy a non wing show but still prefer wings….. but a lot of the non wing people do it and even try to bolster their opinion by trying to insult the others….
As far as the new group goes, I wish them well but they’ve got a tough road ahead.
The way I see it between USAC & BOSS they are giving tracks 2 options of hosting non wing racing at 2 different price points in an area that has quality non wing cars to draw from. Maybe there is room for another group I don’t know. Is there another area of the country that has strong 410 non wing racing for them to draw from?
Have they posted any rules or specifications? Will they require the cage supports like they do with the wing stuff, what is the purse? they should answer questions as these because the Florida shows are just around the corner

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
12/21/21, 8:52 AM   #123
dsc1600

You don’t get the excitement, I don’t get the pessimism.

Suddenly USAC is great, and new money will ruin the sport. Everything is fine and why can’t they just leave well enough alone. All this when the constant theme for many years on this board has been “why can’t it be like 1977 again?”

2 members like this post: bighd0522, opnwhlmnd
12/21/21, 9:16 AM   #124
Re: World Of Outlaws Non Wing 2022
Kinser11

Quote:
Originally Posted by revjimk View Post
" But most of us with a functioning brain know better"? Its not IQ, its what you're exposed to. People in other parts of the USA grew up on wings, big tracks & speed.
I didn't grow up on sprint cars at all. I used to watch dirt track "jalopy" & modified races in Virginia in my teens, moved to New England where there are almost ZERO dirt tracks, lost interest, didn't start watching sprint cars until my 60s. Heard about Central Pa. sprint cars, started going, wanted wings & 1/2 miles. Then saw a video of some hellacious Kokomo battle, started to visit Indiana.... bingo. Now I'm sold on wingless. But lots of people, don't travel as much as I did, they just stick with what they know...
And what all you professional no-it-all's are forgetting. How USAC operated with the SCRA a few years ago.

I personally think you pretenders, telling everyone , what kind of racing, is the only kind you can enjoy is laughable.

Support all racing!
Last edited by Kinser11; 12/21/21 at 9:50 AM.

3 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, PIT CART, TQ29m
12/21/21, 10:38 AM   #125
PJ Wright

When I read some of the comments on this thread, I can't help but think of a quote from Walt Kelly: "We have met the enemy and he is us".
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.

12/21/21, 2:01 PM   #126
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinser11 View Post
And what all you professional no-it-all's are forgetting. How USAC operated with the SCRA a few years ago.

I personally think you pretenders, telling everyone , what kind of racing, is the only kind you can enjoy is laughable.

Support all racing!
I have no idea "How USAC operated with the SCRA a few years ago." & I'm not ashamed to admit it
So I guess I'm not a "professional no-it-all"....
Or even an amateur KNOW IT ALL

1 member likes this post: Hustlin-Hoosier
12/21/21, 2:03 PM   #127
yeleyfan76

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
I hope this all works out. I’m trying to rationalize all the excitement for it. Almost seems as though it’s from people wanting USAC to fail as much as people excited for a new series. I’m sure there’s no shortage of people who would like to grind an axe with them, but no one can argue that there’s any better wingless racing anywhere. Seems to me if I had a track and truly wanted to have a top tier non wing race I would try to get USAC. Maybe WRG can improve the demand for this. I’m mean they’ve already got people believing that the WOO is best dirt racing in the country. Kinda like what NASCAR did to big time racing. But most of us with a functioning brain know better
I think it’s a combo of both. If WRG can get races around the country for these guys and pay them more money that is a good thing right???? I know I have an axe to grind and it’s simply that after starting to support Usac in ‘99 I don’t see how the sanction has moved on with the times. I have come to grips with they are basically a regional group with a few trips a season here and there. If you live out there life is great for you and you are probably afraid of losing what you’ve got. They are the best group to get for an event because they are they only group. They have not advanced the product in my opinion. Another poster brought up what happened in California. They saw an opportunity to devouer SCRA and then with there sanction rights cut the purse and took money for the National series.
It’s been mentioned that if teams run the WRG races they might get banned from USAC. If that happens I’ll go out on a limb and say WRG runs more than 15 shows.
Let’s be honest here, no one really knows what the future holds. WRG is the first group to really give USAC a challenge for nw racing in forever. Who knows what the group from Speedway will do.
If it’s all about the streaming deal then WRG is way out in front. The price is higher but I’m pretty sure that they have a functioning wireless microphone every time they need it for interviews. It’s a more professional appearing operation.The picture quality is good too. Maybe Flo steps it up, but then again it’s been a few years now and still same bs.
For the poster who got offended about the functioning brain comment, I’ll respond this way. I live in Pa and up until maybe 5-6 years ago you would not believe the things I was insulted as for wearing my non wing shirts to the grove. Mama always said wear your big boy pants and don’t worry what other people think. I’m not an engineer or even a college grad but my brain functions quite well and can honestly say I’d drive past the grove to go see a nw race every Friday if I could. It’s all about preference.

12/21/21, 2:05 PM   #128
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinser11 View Post

Support all racing!
Plus, I never said that any kind of racing "is the only kind I can enjoy".... other than open wheel, dirt track. I like winged & wingless both, with a preference for wingless
Like I said several times, I hope this all works out for the best on all sides

12/21/21, 2:19 PM   #129
flagboy55

First off if any of you felt insulted or offended by my comment, you shouldn’t be. I would say that if you’re on IOW you’ve already made a case for brain function. I’ll use this example of what I mean by NASCAR fan with cerebral handicap. I work with a fellow who’s a big Cup fan. When I tell him about Larson’s exploits in sprints midgets and even Late Models, he says “ you mean he’s racing them go karts again beating up on amateurs?” This is the kinda stuff I’m talking about. Brainwashed by media. I’m not wishing failure on the new venture so I’m not an enemy of anyone.

12/21/21, 2:40 PM   #130
Rhody

Race Count This Year: 9

If the statement wasn't intended to label wing fans as brainless, then fair enough, offense retracted. I just see and hearto much "NW is great and wing sucks" talk, and I think it's a bad idea for Sprint car fans to disparage other sprint car fans, when a huge part of racing fandom calls the cars "push em, flip em's" and complain when the local promoter holds a race for them. So let's all stay unified against the ridicule of the tin top crowd.

2 members like this post: rick42, TQ29m
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > World Of Outlaws Non Wing 2022