IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > World Of Outlaws Non Wing 2022
12/20/21, 4:46 PM   #111
Re: World Of Outlaws Non Wing 2022
SoIllSprinter

One more point if I may. For those of you that want larger purses for non wing and say you are willing to pay more for admission prices, get ready. If this is the start of a war and WoO is intent on winning, they will take a loss for awhile to do so. Once they win you will be paying $35-$40 to watch non wing racing, just like the wing shows. Quite frankly, that would price me out of about half the USAC shows I see in a year. I’m willing to pay a little more, but not $10-$15 more.

12/20/21, 4:51 PM   #112
DJlives

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoIllSprinter View Post
One more point if I may. For those of you that want larger purses for non wing and say you are willing to pay more for admission prices, get ready. If this is the start of a war and WoO is intent on winning, they will take a loss for awhile to do so. Once they win you will be paying $35-$40 to watch non wing racing, just like the wing shows. Quite frankly, that would price me out of about half the USAC shows I see in a year. I’m willing to pay a little more, but not $10-$15 more.
If as indicated these are run in conjunction with WoO Sprints and Late Models that is a very, very big purse to cover - by someone

1 member likes this post: trackprep
12/20/21, 6:53 PM   #113
oppweld

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 25

They are scheduled at Spoon River sans Wang Outlaws or Outlaw TinTops.

12/20/21, 7:13 PM   #114
Sprintfanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJlives View Post
If as indicated these are run in conjunction with WoO Sprints and Late Models that is a very, very big purse to cover - by someone
These may or may not be run with the WoO Sprints and Late Models, but that will be true in some cases.
The midgets will run with the Sprints at the Ironman, but I-55 just added at least 200 more seats.
Those seats at $75 each will certainly help cover the purse.

12/20/21, 7:26 PM   #115
flagboy55

I hope this all works out. I’m trying to rationalize all the excitement for it. Almost seems as though it’s from people wanting USAC to fail as much as people excited for a new series. I’m sure there’s no shortage of people who would like to grind an axe with them, but no one can argue that there’s any better wingless racing anywhere. Seems to me if I had a track and truly wanted to have a top tier non wing race I would try to get USAC. Maybe WRG can improve the demand for this. I’m mean they’ve already got people believing that the WOO is best dirt racing in the country. Kinda like what NASCAR did to big time racing. But most of us with a functioning brain know better

12/20/21, 7:47 PM   #116
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
I hope this all works out. I’m trying to rationalize all the excitement for it. Almost seems as though it’s from people wanting USAC to fail as much as people excited for a new series.
You know, 55, after reading what you wrote here, I am starting to wonder if there is a different motive here.
Take over non-wing sprints and knock USAC out looks like a possibility. But how about this angle:

Do not threaten USAC's reign on non-wing racing. Especially in the country of Indiana. Let them keep doing as they do, but start bringing non-wing sprints into the WoO/WRG shows and see how many drivers might want to cross over and run both wing/non-wing portions of the shows. I think it might actually HELP the WRG side by not trying to snuff out USAC. Non-wing fans are pretty much all aligned with USAC. Why alienate these fans? Let's just try to get them to come on over, watch a little wing/non-wing stuff, pad the gate, and pad the coffers?

At first I thought of this as a Gumout Series v. All Stars deal. But the more I think about it as I actually have the time to think, this could actually make things better.

At least for the short run and this doesn't turn into a game of Risk (a.k.a. World Dominance).

12/20/21, 10:42 PM   #117
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by opnwhlmnd View Post
USAC Midgets are at Sweet Springs, MO on 9/10/22 final night of two day show. Seems a lot of USAC Sprint guys can go to Spoon River if they choose.

Grant, Thorson, Axsom, Seavey, and Bacon most likely only USAC Sprint regulars running Sweet Springs midgets.
"Seems a lot of USAC Sprint guys can go to Spoon River if they choose."..... You think USAC will let them???

1 member likes this post: Stevensville Mike
12/20/21, 11:45 PM   #118
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by revjimk View Post
"Seems a lot of USAC Sprint guys can go to Spoon River if they choose."..... You think USAC will let them???
??? Jim, can they stop them? If they do, can they ban them? And if they do, what does that result in?

"Let" is a verb that I think might need defining if some sailors decide to board another ship when it leaves port in the upcoming months.

An interesting point of interest/conflict if this occurs, though. Good point, Jim.

12/21/21, 12:16 AM   #119
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike View Post
??? Jim, can they stop them? If they do, can they ban them? And if they do, what does that result in?

"Let" is a verb that I think might need defining if some sailors decide to board another ship when it leaves port in the upcoming months.

An interesting point of interest/conflict if this occurs, though. Good point, Jim.
How could they make a living racing 10-15 races a season? Why would they try? IF USAC would ban them, they traded a full time job for part time one
This is all pretty crazy & interesting to me. I have no idea whats gonna happen but I hope for the best

12/21/21, 12:28 AM   #120
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
I hope this all works out. I’m trying to rationalize all the excitement for it. Almost seems as though it’s from people wanting USAC to fail as much as people excited for a new series. I’m sure there’s no shortage of people who would like to grind an axe with them, but no one can argue that there’s any better wingless racing anywhere. Seems to me if I had a track and truly wanted to have a top tier non wing race I would try to get USAC. Maybe WRG can improve the demand for this. I’m mean they’ve already got people believing that the WOO is best dirt racing in the country. Kinda like what NASCAR did to big time racing. But most of us with a functioning brain know better
" But most of us with a functioning brain know better"? Its not IQ, its what you're exposed to. People in other parts of the USA grew up on wings, big tracks & speed.
I didn't grow up on sprint cars at all. I used to watch dirt track "jalopy" & modified races in Virginia in my teens, moved to New England where there are almost ZERO dirt tracks, lost interest, didn't start watching sprint cars until my 60s. Heard about Central Pa. sprint cars, started going, wanted wings & 1/2 miles. Then saw a video of some hellacious Kokomo battle, started to visit Indiana.... bingo. Now I'm sold on wingless. But lots of people don't travel as much as I did, they just stick with what they know...
Last edited by revjimk; 12/24/21 at 6:32 PM.

3 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, erich45, sw1911
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > World Of Outlaws Non Wing 2022