IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Any news from the PUT!
6/14/13, 12:26 PM   #111
Re: Any news from the PUT!
Wallsracing

Race Count This Year: 54
Race Count Last Year: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatonka44 View Post
it blows my mind every year people on here complaining about lps! Have they not figured out the place is a s##t hole and always will be!
good 1st post no namer:d

6 members like this post: Dannypollock24, davidm, dshort36, luckybuc97, SCOTT M, VSneader2
6/14/13, 1:04 PM   #112
Dannypollock24

Race Count This Year: 22
Race Count Last Year: 30 +

Congrats Bryan Clauson!

Bryan Clauson ‏@BryanClauson 3h ago on Twitter.

Last nights win at LPS was my 100th Sprint/Midget/Silver Crown win of my career!!! Pretty fortunate to do what I love week in and week out.

Danny 24

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, jim goerge
6/14/13, 1:13 PM   #113
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRT-TRACK-JUNKIE View Post
Update..... No it is NOT

Posted via Mobile Device
The reason I had to miss the race is that my wife's infection returned after being discharged on Wednesday, being declared infection free. She developed fever, so the urologist told me to bring her to the ER. At any rate, she is in the hospital for treatment. Perhaps when they remove the stent from her kidney, it will solve the problem. They removed the offending kidney stone last Sunday, but she keeps redeveloping infections. After going the ER route for admission three times in 28 days, my frustration quota is maxed out.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
6/14/13, 1:25 PM   #114
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmil View Post
The reason I had to miss the race is that my wife's infection returned after being discharged on Wednesday, being declared infection free. She developed fever, so the urologist told me to bring her to the ER. At any rate, she is in the hospital for treatment. Perhaps when they remove the stent from her kidney, it will solve the problem. They removed the offending kidney stone last Sunday, but she keeps redeveloping infections. After going the ER route for admission three times in 28 days, my frustration quota is maxed out.
. Ron,
Give Earlene our best wishes for her recovery and see you at the track!

Posted via Mobile Device

6/14/13, 1:40 PM   #115
Morin Racing 98

Race Count Last Year: 27

Unbelievable!

Posted via Mobile Device

6/14/13, 1:45 PM   #116
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpracing1 View Post
. Ron,
Give Earlene our best wishes for her recovery and see you at the track!

Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks, Bob!

6/14/13, 1:52 PM   #117
HARFprez

Race Count This Year: 3

Just to drop in my 2 cents worth, but i enjoyed the racing last night. Track prep is what it is, a guessing game, just like our local weather people do. The track was the same for all the racers, a track that veterans have raced on before and a track for the younger drivers to learn on. What no one has mentioned was the unbelievable lines both Kyle Larson and Hagen were trying. To see Larson 2 car widths above the cushion to find a groove was worth the price of admission, and for those who said the track was gone, tell that to Bryan Clauson, who started 12th in the sprint feature and won it. You will see better races in your life (and worse ones), but watching these daredevils out there doing slide job after slide job, and driving almost over the hill to find grip was an amazing sight, and i will say...THERE'S NO PLACE I WOULD RATHER HAVE BEEN". My Thanks to all the drivers and crews who entertain us, it's been a rough couple weeks for our favorite sport, so scrap some of the complaining and enjoy the racing. Getting ready to head for beautiful Bloomington Speedway and buying me a Courty Cares t-shirt, available at the USAC trailers (some great sponsors on the back too). See you there, bob

6/14/13, 2:16 PM   #118
bmemmer

I got a answer to all the complaining. Tommy would of gotten it in and it would of been a better track. Lol. There ya goes guys this post deleted. have a great end to midget week while I'm stuck in florida missing all the racing.

Posted via Mobile Device

6/14/13, 3:18 PM   #119
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmemmer View Post
I got a answer to all the complaining. Tommy would of gotten it in and it would of been a better track. Lol. There ya goes guys this post deleted. have a great end to midget week while I'm stuck in florida missing all the racing.

Posted via Mobile Device
I know you're saying that in jest, but it brings up an interesting point. I've noticed with Midget Week shows that have sprints on the bill and also with the wing/non wing 410 sprint shows that I've been to in the past, is that when you put two high horsepower/rpm classes on the same show so many times you have a track hoping for the best, when it comes to keeping a good racing surface for the entire night. Especially the ones that don't have the mechanism in place to do a thorough, mid-show track rework. Tommy and the O' Connors are no doubt the best examples of track operators that can bring out the heavy artillery and take back a track from what mother nature or a whole pack of these machines can do to a racing surface. Gas City and Lawrenceburg will do a rework and now even Bloomington is giving it a shot.

And it's not an exact science, either. Look at Putnamville two years ago. The track pretty much looked the same and Clauson and Larson (and Brad Kuhn, too) went out and waged a classic war. One that people will talk about for years. And even as slick as that track ended up last night, you've got to admit, watching Larson walk the tightrope, lap after lap in turn 2 was pretty riveting. He didn't leave anything on the table. And Bell sure had to earn that one.

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 6/14/13 at 3:39 PM.

6/14/13, 3:21 PM   #120
D.O.

What a $hitty track! Slide Jobs out the wazoo, Sprint winner comes from 12th in the last race of the night. Gilpin wins his 13th in row in mods. I thought it was pretty good night.
Did anybody notice that the Midgets didn't use the chusion going into the turns and blew it off and over the top in turn 2 in quals? The Mods in hot laps tried to move it up where it normally is going into the turns. Their not the blame for a big wide slick then rubber down track. Only 24 of them.
45 midgets taking hot laps and then 45 taking time slicked it off before the mods hot lapped.
Not every race track is perfect, last nights was not perfect but produced good feature racing.
Good luck to all the other tracks for their upcoming summer of track prep.

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Any news from the PUT!