IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Eldora Update????
4/3/10, 1:24 PM   #111
Re: Eldora Update????
Need For Speed

Eldora was starting to get crappy (dry/sheeps footed to hell and back/dusty/slick) the last few years Earl owned it.

Since TS has owned it, they have went for the 'flashy' type of crap (billboards, worthless scoreboard, suites....so much for "not changing the feel of Eldora"), and the track conditions have continued to go in the toilet.

A couple of years back, at the USAC opener they has put their fabulous 'new clay' down....what a disaster. It was motorcross track, and the car owners/crews/drivers should have just loaded up. The week before the Outlaws were there and ran the place like it was an -indoor race-...around the BOTTOM.

The same year the 4-Crown was a dusty as hell-long delay, disaster.

Stewart HAS TO get rid of Larry Kemp and Larry Boos, or he might as well lay black top.

3 members like this post: speed bump, SUPERDUKE, tamati
4/3/10, 1:39 PM   #112
racegal

Race Count This Year: 19

Dang! Cancelled.
Last edited by racegal; 4/3/10 at 2:47 PM.

4/3/10, 1:42 PM   #113
apexonephoto

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 35

(1:25 PM) - After several meetings between Eldora officials, USAC officials, and several drivers – the decision has been made to call oFf tonight’s event. While the track was coming around, the weather has not been cooperating, and with the forecast calling for more showers, and the high cost of travel – it was decided the best thing to do was to call the event at this time.

This event WILL be rescheduled, and we have exciting news regarding that reschedule date which will be released soon.

FOR TICKET EXCHANGE AND REFUND INFORMATION SURROUNDING FRIDAY NIGHT<CLICK HERE>

1 member likes this post: racegal
4/3/10, 1:53 PM   #114
n8dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexonephoto View Post
(1:25 PM) - After several meetings between Eldora officials, USAC officials, and several drivers – the decision has been made to call oFf tonight’s event. While the track was coming around, the weather has not been cooperating, and with the forecast calling for more showers, and the high cost of travel – it was decided the best thing to do was to call the event at this time.

This event WILL be rescheduled, and we have exciting news regarding that reschedule date which will be released soon.

What a joke Last night was.. Someone should kick some butts
3 hours down on my harley but no racing.. camped with my boys then left this morning and rode back to michigan.. at least the weather was good till now and the ride was great. A race on friday night would have made it even better though.. I had to be back today so I knew I wasnt going to see any racing tonite ..
Dave

1 member likes this post: SUPERDUKE
4/3/10, 2:38 PM   #115
Scooter23

"We are dedicated to working with Eldora Speedway and their staff to be able to conduct events on Saturday and beyond and we thank them for their tireless efforts."

Do you mean as in the track had no tires on it (no on-track action)?

4/3/10, 2:46 PM   #116
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexonephoto View Post

That's more of a mercy killing than a cancellation.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Ricks Pics
4/3/10, 3:30 PM   #117
Tim Watson

So when this gets rescheduled will it again be a 2 day show?

4/3/10, 3:38 PM   #118
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyBound View Post
Because it is a USAC race Superduke, they feel they don't have to advertise or promote anywhere they go, their loyal fans will just show up. The fact they are coming back to Oswego is the best kept secret in the Oswego area right now, why would Eldora be any different?

Patti
Would that not be the promoter's job? I suppose track prep is also the sanctioning bodies job. Unreal.

4/3/10, 4:06 PM   #119
sceckert

What Helfrich has made work is more of a hay and straw base, which acts as a sort of fiber for the clay to affix to. Oh...and he also works that track like he's working on bread dough, kneading it to make it rise. They massage that surface like it's their weekly job. I expect that Stewart will exact some pounds of flesh out of his minions for this already mythical F**kup.

4/3/10, 5:35 PM   #120
mikew

May 14 and 15 are listed as TBA on the USAC sprint and midget schedule

May 29 and 30 are listed as TBA on the USAC sprint schedule with a race on May 31st at KC Raceway in Alama, OH

Looks like both are possibilities for this "exciting" news that Eldora's website mentions.

Doesn't matter to me though. I will spend my cash elsewhere. Sent my ticket stub from last night back to them through snail mail this morning.

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Eldora Update????