IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > The Burg Midget Week?
6/16/14, 1:45 PM   #91
Re: The Burg Midget Week?
Danny Burton

Tim, did he honk that clown's horn?

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.

6/16/14, 8:38 PM   #92
Eldora Three

My wife has Alzhiemers and I'm her care giver, which makes it very hard to go to the races anymore. Lawrenceburg Midgets was the 1st race that I've been to in two years. I planned on going for a month to be able to get someone to watch her and boy, I wasn't disappointed. I want to thank everyone involved in putting on a great show.
Don't know when I'll be able to go again but Lawrenceburg has been my favorite track for a number of years. Being only 54 miles from our home in Ohio is a plus also. Thanks guys for giving an old man a great time.

6/16/14, 8:46 PM   #93
Eldora Three

I want to thank everyone involved for putting on a great race. My wife has Alhziemers and I'm her primary care giver so I had to plan a month in advance to have someone stay with her. And I'll tell you, I was not disappointed. Lawrenceburg has been our favorite tracks for a number of years and my wife and I attended many a race there in the past. This was the first one I've been able to make in two years and really enjoyed it along with two of the friends I brought. We won't talk about the third one.
Again, thanks for putting on a great show. You really lifted this old man's spirit.
Last edited by Eldora Three; 6/16/14 at 8:50 PM. Reason: to delete, double post.

2 members like this post: dirt330, racenut69
6/16/14, 8:49 PM   #94
Tim Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Burton View Post
Tim, did he honk that clown's horn?
Nope. Dave was flying down the road towards the pits when he looks, hammers the brakes and turns around. He drives up to me and says "i was wondering who that other kid was that was playing catch with Cam"! This kid image i have with being short just keeps on getting funnier!

1 member likes this post: FishBurger
6/18/14, 9:33 PM   #95
koolaid89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Who saw bad racing tonight? ANYBODY?...........................??????????????

<<< Crickets >>>
Hard to see bad racing when you can't see 1/3 of the track from the dust. I believe three different times I heard the announcer say he had no idea what caused a car to stop in turns 3 and 4 due to the heavy dust. Pretty disappointing considering the weather that week. I knew when I saw big ol tractors on skinny little tires Saturday morning we were in trouble... Unfortunately we had already made the 6 hour drive from Michigan. On the bright side I felt right at home with the mediocre prep. Dave has a absolutely gorgeous facility on his hands, it's a shame the most wasn't made of the evening.

6/18/14, 9:57 PM   #96
dirt in ur beer
Banned

Race Count This Year: 41
Race Count Last Year: 28

There were times Sunday night when I couldn't see ANY cars !!! But you know what ? I was thrilled to death to be at Kokomo !!!!! I'd never been there . I think other people should adopt my theory ...... Until I know I can do a better job I should shut the hell up about how the track was prepared . Were the track conditions perfect every night ? Nope ! Did every person responsible for track preparation do the best they could ? I'm confident they all tried to give every visitor and fan the best track they had ever seen .

5 members like this post: Charles Nungester, fish, jjones752, mtek56, racing2bwithu2
6/18/14, 10:39 PM   #97
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Saturdays Midget Feature. The Official video however is on www.usacracing.tv

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxP0o4CoMZQ
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 6/19/14 at 11:31 AM.

1 member likes this post: i love dirt track racing
6/18/14, 10:45 PM   #98
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CmFv7JWNI0

2 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, Phylo82
6/21/14, 9:23 PM   #99
Tim Watson

Maybe more people should have sat on the backstretch. No dust on my shirt and i had a pair of glasses along and never had to put them on. I was by the first parking space where the cars pull off the track and it was crystal clear all night.

6/21/14, 10:50 PM   #100
SteelCore

The dust wasn't that bad. The WoO race May 26th was a lot worse.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > The Burg Midget Week?