IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Will your schedule change?
3/18/22, 1:05 PM   #91
Re: Will your schedule change?
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Actually the futures market has nothing to do with the daily price. It's buying oil for todays price for what you think it will be a month from now. If you got it at 80 and it's 130 for the day you purchased for. You make 50 a barrel. If it's 40 on the day you bought it for then you lose 40 a barrel. Yeah, you can win big, You can also lose your arse like they did when Oil went negative when Russia and Saudi's tried to put each other out of business.
I know that..... thats how all gambling works
Gamblers should not be able to hurt people who need to get to work, go shopping, live their lives

1 member likes this post: bighd0522
3/18/22, 8:00 PM   #92
yeleyfan76

Quote:
Originally Posted by captrat View Post
Like many things I will respectfully disagree with the idea that a single administration has been the main cause of this. Until we understand that as a country it is just not about oil that we are dependent but also other resources. We were the king at the turn of the 20 century because of what we thought were limitless resources in our own country. We are now like most countries in an ala carte menu of resource suppliers.
Dude wake up and stop with your oil hate and liberal mentality. He stopped the level of oil production in the US that we had and here in PA he crushed fracking. We are the largest power of the free world. If people in this country are dumb enough to think we can control the environment yet with millions of dollars at hand they can’t even get the weather predicted right half of the time. Then it’s time for those who say Europe pays 7$ a gallon then go live in Europe. Oil is bigger than any one who complains about it including politicians. Get over it. Oil makes the world go around. If you don’t like it that is fine,but most people like to live their lives. Oil and Natural gas will be what fuels the world forever get over it!

4 members like this post: bighd0522, Chief Wahoo, racenut69, sw1911
3/18/22, 10:54 PM   #93
captrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeleyfan76 View Post
Dude wake up and stop with your oil hate and liberal mentality. He stopped the level of oil production in the US that we had and here in PA he crushed fracking. We are the largest power of the free world. If people in this country are dumb enough to think we can control the environment yet with millions of dollars at hand they can’t even get the weather predicted right half of the time. Then it’s time for those who say Europe pays 7$ a gallon then go live in Europe. Oil is bigger than any one who complains about it including politicians. Get over it. Oil makes the world go around. If you don’t like it that is fine,but most people like to live their lives. Oil and Natural gas will be what fuels the world forever get over it!
This post is so ludicrous it defies logic. How you came to these conclusions about me or my post is in a parallel universe devoid of objectivity but full of emotional personal invective. Done

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
3/19/22, 12:59 PM   #94
sw1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeleyfan76 View Post
Until we get a quantum leap in energy storage things are going to change very slowly. What hurts us all is those who think they can change the world simply by reducing the supply of whatever they don't like. All that does is drive up prices, which hurts the least wealthy of us the most.
Personally, I hope I can make it to end of life without ever owning a battery car. Long live IC engines!!! :-)

3/19/22, 4:59 PM   #95
yeleyfan76

[QUOTE=captrat Done[/QUOTE]

My objective is fulfilled.

3/19/22, 9:30 PM   #96
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Asked a buddy with a Tesla the other day if he's waving to the Gas Stations as he goes by. His reply, We'll kinda but I had to buy this 4500 dollar home charger and electric rates are 40% higher. So it will be in his fourth year of ownership before he sees the benefits.

I drove electric fork lifts and Drexels High lift side turning fork lifts for 20 years, Fix or repair daily is at least weekly on those (They run 24/6) three battery changes a day and the batteries last about three years And we had full time maintainer Charge, fill, cool etc.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 3/19/22 at 9:35 PM.

3/20/22, 6:34 AM   #97
racenut69

The electric vehicle is not the answer....Most of the resources needed to make the batteries are located in third-world countries and you know what means.......When these batteries are depleted,they will have to be treated like hazardous waste....JMO.........But hey, we can breathe better! LOL!

1 member likes this post: sw1911
3/20/22, 12:57 PM   #98
kidrock

Some thing else to consider, will tracks cancel a race if their is a high probability it's going to rain. Might see more shows canceled this year.

Electric vehicle isn't for everyone but, might make sense for others. My wife drives her car about 4 miles a day and the occasional drive out of town about 70 mile round trip so, It might make sense for us to get one and keep my gas powered trucks for work and longer trips. If you look at prices of Electric vehicles yes some are 100,000 dollars but, that's your high end vehicles. I've seen them from 27,000 and on up plus you get a 7,500 rebate if you buy one. As far as the charging station at your house it's like wiring for a 220 circuit. I wired my electric heater in my garage I don't see this being any problem to do. I seen someone said it cost like 4,500 to get installed. I'm more curious if someone's getting ripped off or if it really cost that much for a Tesla.

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
3/20/22, 1:07 PM   #99
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Clarification. It cost him about 3200 which included contractor, Labor and cost of wiring etc to run 220 from circuit breakers to garage. Actual charger cost was 859.

Most houses only have 220 in laundry and kitchens. Unless you built it that way, Most Garages only have 110v

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Will your schedule change?