IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Parents of Child Racers Need Reality Check !
3/21/09, 11:46 PM   #21
Re: Parents of Child Racers Need Reality Check !
hudcone

[QUOTE=robertastamm;93154]Please quit ! Im very sorry making people mad at m e. But crankin and paul gray have a problem with me call 317-362-5400.[/QUOT

I just switched to bell helmets this year,I would be glad to give you the info on who to call at Bell. maybe they could give you a bit of a discount. e mail me at hudcone@gmail.com best of luck

hud cone
cone/corry racing

3/22/09, 8:20 AM   #22
cecil98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne View Post
Paul, I usually agree with most of your post, but this time I think you are out of line. I see no difference between Brayden Stamm And Daron Clayton (except age and type of car they drive) I have seen no one complain about Daron having a fund raiser for his team, maybe he needed a new helmet too.
Dwayne, your analogy to the Clayton Fundraiser is spot on. I found that to be a bit strange too. I wasn't going to respond to either thread until I saw this one. I don't begrudge any of these people from legally raising money any way they can. My "personal problem" is that there are so many worthy charities out there and families/individuals with serious health or financial problems in need of help, that I would struggle with the idea of having a fundraiser to keep our sprint car going rather than for a charitable cause. But, that is just me. In all honesty, I hope both of these functions were a success. If not, they'll just have to go back to the drawing board on how to generate some revenue for their racing programs. At least they took a shot at it.

3/22/09, 8:34 AM   #23
Jonr

First, good luck in your racing efforts. Also, congrats on trying to teach your son the cost of racing. Too many silverspoons out there.

However, I am also tired of people doing fundraisers at the race track. I used to have a stock car that I had to sell when my wife and I had twins. I would love to be racing, but I can not afford the car. Thus, it frustrates me for other people to assume that I would want to support them. I want to support my own race team.

Also, some of the fundraisers have gotten out of hand. I remember the track passing of the helmet for a driver whose house had flooded. While it was bad luck, the driver did buy a house in a flood zone. It made me even more mad when I realized that he was still racing. If it was that bad, sell the car to take care of the house.

However, the worst one was the modified driving passing the helmet to pay for medical bills of his wife. Yet, he was still racing the $25,000 car with the $20,000 hauler. Once again, sell the house to pay the bills.

I think the frustration shown in the earlier post deals with the bigger issue. I know that I felt the same way.

3/22/09, 12:32 PM   #24
Beer Goggles

"The real reason that Brayden would like another helmet is his current one is green that I purchased for him last year and he would like a red one to match his suit and car. "

Ace hardware has Krylon for $3.99.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Parents of Child Racers Need Reality Check !