IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Paragon or Lincoln Park May 9th?
3/5/09, 5:22 PM   #21
Re: Paragon or Lincoln Park May 9th?

I do not think u can go wrong with Paragon. Putnumville isn't to bad, just very unorganized. lawrencburge looks attractive, because of the 2 sprint car classes, but realisticly they will be lucky to have 20 wingers. Just have to watch the weather that day, several good tracks to hit within an hour and a half of the speedway.

3/5/09, 6:38 PM   #22
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Neither one for me. I'll get up early and go to Indy for Pole Day, then hurry back to Haubstadt for the MSCS race. I'll have to skip the USAC race at Bloomington.

3/5/09, 9:45 PM   #23
VSneader2

Race Count This Year: 2
Race Count Last Year: 11

LPS could be a very good track if they would just take care of it and spend a little cash on the facility, Some paint, a new catch fence, some different restrooms and a mower that works would make an incredible difference. The food is pretty good and is about par when it comes to price. The racing like every one else has said is usually pretty good. It is almost always a 2 groove track if not 3 at times.

I have never been to Paragon so I cant say anything about that track.

As for VCS, I havent seen a sprint race there but I have seen Mods run there. It has been a couple years since i have been. It seems the track is usually in good shape when I have saw it. but goes dry slick rather quick when mods were there premier division so its hard to say with sprints. I know I will be making the 1.25 hour trip over there this year since they are running sprints.

3/5/09, 11:39 PM   #24
kcarm92

most of everyones comments are rite on the money at both tracks.As far as not spending any money at a da owened track thats your choice also, but being honest putnamville could use alot of spruceing up, they did cut the weeds on front stretch side, racetrack was very racy mid summer on, we will be there every saturday, close to home, just realy hope theres enuff cars and fans to go around and not come mid summer tracks pull the plug on the racing season, also billy i thought u where vermillion county bound too. realy just need to go to all the tracks in this post and judge for yourself everyone has a pro or con on them all cya in april.

3/6/09, 5:49 AM   #25
Mearsin84

I was at Terre Haute a couple years ago for D.A. mess…kinda soured me on him regarding his reputation and when USAC pulled their dates from him that year, I knew it was serious..Anyhow, I appreciate all of you guy’s help on which track to attend, if Pole Day didn’t end at 6 that Saturday, I’d for sure be at Lawrenceburg! Sure is too bad we can’t see Whitt, Sweet, or Darland running for the Pole at Indy…what a dream that would be!!

3/6/09, 6:59 PM   #26
Al Pierce

Race Count This Year: 49
Race Count Last Year: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtnonwingfan View Post
Al, thanks for such a thoughtful, informative response. That is a great analysis which gives us all the information I can imagine any fan needs. Great job!!!

Frank Daigh
Well, thank you Frank. Having expounded at great lengths on LPS and Paragon, I think my weekend will consist of Bloomington, Tri-State, and Kokomo. :rolling

3/7/09, 11:08 AM   #27
john3g

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarm92 View Post
most of everyones comments are rite on the money at both tracks.As far as not spending any money at a da owened track thats your choice also, but being honest putnamville could use alot of spruceing up, they did cut the weeds on front stretch side, racetrack was very racy mid summer on, we will be there every saturday, close to home, just realy hope theres enuff cars and fans to go around and not come mid summer tracks pull the plug on the racing season, also billy i thought u where vermillion county bound too. realy just need to go to all the tracks in this post and judge for yourself everyone has a pro or con on them all cya in april.
I'm with ya with the increase in the general admission across the board at P'ville and with other race tracks stepping up to the plate and paying more purse, I agree,I'm not sure if they'll make through mid season.
Last edited by john3g; 3/7/09 at 11:11 AM.

3/7/09, 10:06 PM   #28
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarm92 View Post
Kenny, will you & Jr be running Bloomington this year or just sticking with LPS?

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

3/8/09, 10:44 AM   #29
kcarm92

Yes we will start the season out trying to race bloomington every week as long as we can,and lps. See you april 10th kenny

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Paragon or Lincoln Park May 9th?