IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Track Insurance
2/17/09, 3:41 PM   #11
Re: Track Insurance
Biro 22

You know it Chuck. I give that kid a big hug every day and realize that no matter how hard the situation is, we've still got him here.

thanks
curt

2/17/09, 4:20 PM   #12
LEADERS EDGE

You mean people get hurt in race cars?

No offense to Curt or anyone else, but so few people think:"It can't happen to me/us." Well it can and most likely something will to almost every driver who straps in. Curt is right about needing insurance and as Billy pointed out the Rice family has a good policy.

So many people say things like"it's a mans' sport" and things like that when track safety and insurance is pointed out, but the truth is these are very serious issues that should be addressed.

2/17/09, 5:18 PM   #13
STIDA.com

Race Count This Year: 9

Please call 800-378-4608 or email at stida22@aol.com with any questions or concerns about STIDA www.stida.com
Last edited by STIDA.com; 2/17/09 at 5:19 PM. Reason: .

2/17/09, 8:40 PM   #14
Motormasher

Thats what happened to Todd & Troy Shields. After Todd got hurt/burt at Sumner IL Jerry, their dad explained to me how none of the local tracks had enough insurance and thats why he wouldn't race anymore. This information isn't really new but needed to be posted.

Thanks Curt, best wishes to you all and for Kenny. :thumb

2/17/09, 10:11 PM   #15
bodine99

Curt, Thanks for this post. I hope you do not mind but I copied your post and posted it on our local micro message board. I am sure most people (including myself) have no idea what kind of insurance any of the tracks have that we race at. Some tracks do not even have an ambulance at the track. Also I have not heard any new updates on Kenny's recovery. Often think about seeing you guys at the Grands and knowing you would be one more car we would have to contend with. You guys were always fast. They were great times.
Best wishes The Bodines Big Daddy BBQ #99

2/17/09, 10:35 PM   #16
micro94

It is stupid of me to not think about this but I was just ready to go racing.Didnt never think about the insurance part just assumed the track's had insurance.But since this came up I will be looking into it.Thanks for opening up another racers eyes.

2/18/09, 11:14 AM   #17
mcintosh34

Curt makes a good point. You need to be responsible for yourself. STIDA is a good choice. I know that having it eased the burden on my family. And then there is the issue of safety equipment. Dont cut corners there. I know new safety equipment cost money, and we all know how hard that is to come by. But Helmets wear out, belts strecth, and so on. Take time before you climb in this spring and make sure your giving yourself every chance to walk away when that wreck happens to you. Physicaly and finacially. Robert McIntosh

2/18/09, 6:43 PM   #18
Pat O'Connor Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcintosh34 View Post
........ And then there is the issue of safety equipment. Don't cut corners there......
GREAT advice! :respect: A couple years ago I was worrying about my son's plans to move my grandson up to mini-sprints as soon as he could afford it. I knew Bill and Scott Baue, so I cornered Scott at a race and asked about some issues involved with having a close relative driving race cars. To sum up Scott's advice, just read the part of Robert's post that I quoted above. Scott told me the same thing.

2/18/09, 7:00 PM   #19
grinch

i wasn`t going to join in this but................. i have to ask what does the track pay for insurance premiums? not only for drivers and crew members but what about spectators getting hurt? is it the same policy? Or do they have to purchase separate policy`s? I`m positive the track stance has been adopted thru the promotors workshops and the attitude the tracks have towards making the racer pay all the bills. having attended one in reno a few years back....anyone else find it`s strange that they dont invite many racers to their workshops?

2/18/09, 8:20 PM   #20
sprinter25

Quote:
Originally Posted by grinch View Post
i wasn`t going to join in this but................. i have to ask what does the track pay for insurance premiums? not only for drivers and crew members but what about spectators getting hurt? is it the same policy? Or do they have to purchase separate policy`s? I`m positive the track stance has been adopted thru the promotors workshops and the attitude the tracks have towards making the racer pay all the bills. having attended one in reno a few years back....anyone else find it`s strange that they dont invite many racers to their workshops?
It's called "Racing Promoter's Workshop" for a reason....if you were a race track promoter. you'd likely get an invite........

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Track Insurance