IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > The Future of Midget Racing
2/13/09, 10:34 AM   #61
Re: The Future of Midget Racing
DonMoore10

Thanks, Jason. Have to be thick skinned on here. Yes, the Ozark group has also made some efforts to present cost cutting midget racing.

We can now add another off topic anonymous poster in CARRYTHELEFTFRONT who enjoys bashing people. He now joins anonymous Ossuks (a big box race official, the one that drives the golf cart in and out of the infield, so I'm told) anonymous Heromaker, anonymous 5761 (sounds like a flight number) who can't write two sentences without bashing me.

These anonymous guys all have the same off topic anonymous song and dance. Apparently they were never taught how to write a credible, intelligent argument and take responsiblity for their thoughts by signing their name. Debate team dropouts. The combination of all of you have now written over a hundred posts on here trying to discredit me. It's getting old anonymous guys. Move on.

How stupid are these anonymous guys? Hey, if you don't like my posts, don't read them. Apparently you have no argument... you never post one. Don't read my posts, anonymous guys!!! REAL SIMPLE!!!!

2/13/09, 10:52 AM   #62
DonMoore10

This thread is about the future of midget racing. With over 2700 hits so far, it's a hot topic and one that is of great concern. You've read so far the serious posters comments ( those are the ones that have given some serious thought to the subject matter and not the poster). The cost of operating a midget team is way over the edge. Kasey Kahne has pulled one of his teams for 2009 and if he can't afford it, I don't know who can. I also noticed that the Tony Stewart pit crew at the Chili Bowl was greatly reduced from years past. So apparently Tony is feeling the pinch too.

I got a call this week from a driver looking for a ride. He's been calling around talking to car owners. GUESS WHAT???? All the car owners want money!!!! Yeah.... we'll give you a ride. Hand over the CASH.... several thousand dollars and start racing!!!

WHY DO THEY ALL WANT CASH??? It's too expensive to operate a midget team. THE PURPLE TIRES ARE TOO EXPENSIVE FOR STARTERS!! When is everybody going to get over "that's the way it's always been" attitude and do something about it?
Last edited by DonMoore10; 2/13/09 at 10:56 AM.

2/13/09, 12:30 PM   #63
Kirk Spridgeon

Don, everybody clicks on posts attached to your name to check out the car crash that follows you wherever you go!

Those guys may be anonymous, but they've got you pegged.

I told you what happened with quite a few situations in our talk at the Chili Bowl, but all you could do was shrug it off and go on complaining about how ANYBODY gets ANYTHING for free.

Here's all I can see....your equipment is just as competitive now with POWRi & Badger as it's ever been. That would mean that everyone else's is too. So what gives?

The reason there is no midget racing in Ohio right now? Because there is no group to do it. As flawed as NAMARS was, they were the group to race midgets in Ohio, Indiana, and Michigan for the most part. They left because of their own mismanagement, and no one else stepped up to replace them. That's not Kevin Miller's fault, nor is it Steve Lewis' fault. It just so happens that there hasn't been a leader come along since Jack Calabrase to put a series together in these areas....maybe you're the guy Don!!! Somebody has to be the one to do it, and I can't think of anyone who could tackle it better than you!!

2/13/09, 12:46 PM   #64
sprinter25

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMoore10 View Post
This thread is about the future of midget racing. With over 2700 hits so far, it's a hot topic and one that is of great concern. You've read so far the serious posters comments ( those are the ones that have given some serious thought to the subject matter and not the poster). The cost of operating a midget team is way over the edge. Kasey Kahne has pulled one of his teams for 2009 and if he can't afford it, I don't know who can. I also noticed that the Tony Stewart pit crew at the Chili Bowl was greatly reduced from years past. So apparently Tony is feeling the pinch too.

I got a call this week from a driver looking for a ride. He's been calling around talking to car owners. GUESS WHAT???? All the car owners want money!!!! Yeah.... we'll give you a ride. Hand over the CASH.... several thousand dollars and start racing!!!

WHY DO THEY ALL WANT CASH??? It's too expensive to operate a midget team. THE PURPLE TIRES ARE TOO EXPENSIVE FOR STARTERS!! When is everybody going to get over "that's the way it's always been" attitude and do something about it?
Sorry, Don, but IMO, Kasey was/is funding his team on "OPM"... other people's money. I'd be willing to bet that Chrysler/Mopar cut the funding for the midget team, so Kasey shut the second team down.

And Tony? Well, maybe you've noticed - he's a principal(and maybe spending a few discretionary dollars) on a couple of Cup teams. And I'd be willing to bet that his deal has changed his focus just a bit......

But you're right...everything costs too much, Have you priced a gallon if 2% milk lately?

2/13/09, 2:58 PM   #65
DonMoore10

Spridge: I think you're the perfect person to save midget racing. Besides the anonymous Ossuks, Heromaker and 747 (or whatever number he is), you're the only person on earth that shows up for every open wheel event in the country. And you're one of the few people in the world that knows everytime somebody flushes the toilet on 16th Street.

Besides, I can't trust you anymore. You swore on a stack of open wheel magazines and ten Gideon Bibles taken from Motel 6 that you weren't going to show up at Fort Wayne. :eek:
Last edited by DonMoore10; 2/13/09 at 3:04 PM.

2/13/09, 3:08 PM   #66
DonMoore10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Spridgeon View Post
The reason there is no midget racing in Ohio right now? Because there is no group to do it.
I just checked my handy dandy map and the USAC office is about 70 miles from the Ohio border.

2/13/09, 3:09 PM   #67
TQ29m

Don, I don't know you from a sled of pineapples, and that must be the worst case of spelling, but you know what I'm saying. Ole buddy, ole pal, I feel for you, I'd have been in the same boat, when I moved out of Kart racing, but I was/am, a one guy team, and don't have the space to work on anything as big as a Sprint car, or that is what I'd have. I agree with you, on a lot of things, but facts is facts, what used to be, the most popular, open wheel magic, in the land, ain't anymore, and I wish it were at least 3rd or 4th, but it's not. I think Kirk is correct, someone like you, needs to get started, putting together some spec's and a few rules, you probably will have to pull your hi-dollar noise maker, and settle for something that a lot more folks can afford, beg some promoters, and track owners, to let you start a series, and do it. I understand, I think, your passion, for midget racing, before and after WWll, there probably wasn't anything, anymore popular, but like Kirk said, when NAMARS dropped out, it fragmented, some thought dirt, some thought tar, and it appears tar won, not a good choice, but my HO, and that's where it is today. When it comes to tracks scheduling classes, I'm afraid in the pecking order, midgets,and whale dung share the same position, however, I have the feeling YOU, Don Moore10, can change that, and I hope to hell you do, I'm dragging 71, pushing 72, and I'd like to see midgets, back on the dirt, here in my home state of Indiana, about as much as anything, in my lifetime, and I hope like hell, you hurry up! Get with it, Don, you're burnin daylite! Bob

2/13/09, 3:42 PM   #68
Seadog

Quote:

I know this is a midget thread, and all of this is true, but not just in midgets. It is the same in just about every form of motorsports. And it is nothing new either. The $$$ problem has been around for many years. Which proves that nobody has done anything about it and it will continue to be that way.

2/13/09, 4:16 PM   #69
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgray View Post
The Future Of Midget Racing

Don Moore may be right ... there may not be a future other than the continued contraction like that being seen in the current financial crisis. Maybe , just maybe , there is no fix. Some things are too far gone. It may have to be totally reinvented on another day.

Another thread here asks what can be done to bring new fans to the sport. It receives the usual thoughts posted time and again. There probably isn't any thing that will correct that problem either. I'm not seeing solutions to these problems.

When the unemployment rate now nearing 8% reaches 10% , we will have the same number out of work as were during the Great Depression when 1 in every 4 were jobless and at a rate of 25%. We will be there soon .. probably just after this '09 racing season gets in full swing. The outlook for all forms of motor racing is not good.

The story of 2009 has just begun. The face of our sport will be unrecognizable by year's end. Much of what we know today in every industry will not survive !

:icon_smile_blackeye
Gee Paul, lets just hang ourselves.. While some of what your saying is factual. People ate, lived and survived somehiow. Just as we will. mainly by friends, family, churches or charity. Then again, maybe this country needs a lesson in humility.

Chuck, not ready to go off the deep end yet and if anyone needs a meal while I still have a job. Let me know.

2/13/09, 5:25 PM   #70

Quote:
I just checked my handy dandy map and the USAC office is about 70 miles from the Ohio border.
So you're proposing the very group, you rail against and attempt to bring it's downfall on a daily basis, is the group you want to see organize Midget racing in Ohio?

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > The Future of Midget Racing