IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > OT: Bud Shootout
2/8/09, 2:11 PM   #31
Re: OT: Bud Shootout
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

DIY had a couple of shows on home renovation on at the same time last night. I started switching back and forth during the shoot-out commercials, but ended up watching DIY and switching to the shoot-out during DIY's commercials. Sure wish the sprints had been on.

Frank Daigh

2/8/09, 2:20 PM   #32
Scooter23

Chuck - I thought it was illegal to post actual clips of NASCAR races :rolling

2/8/09, 3:25 PM   #33
Kirk Spridgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AERO410SCJA View Post
Hey Kirk WINGDGEON Does this mean you'll be at the Hagerstown or Lincoln OPENERS in February:wink
Haha thanks Aero...I'm actually headed to Cowtown, Manzy, PBR@Glendale, Vegas, and Perris during February. Then we've got that DMS Driver Challenge the week after and I'll cap that off either with the Outlaws at Watsonville or maybe, possibly the UNC-Duke game! :wink

Looks like my next chance for wings will be sometime in April (Eldora or Haubstadt, likely) if I don't make it to Watsonville next month...

2/8/09, 6:59 PM   #34
SUPERDUKE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmakin View Post
Growing up in California, the few tracks that restarted like that called it a Texas restart. Now that I live in Texas, most fendered classes (and mods) use that kind of restart. Until there are too many yellows, that is.
THEY RESTARTED THE MODS. IN PA BACK IN THE 50 & 60S TEXAS STARTS MY ASS!:headbang

2/8/09, 7:00 PM   #35
SUPERDUKE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmakin View Post
Growing up in California, the few tracks that restarted like that called it a Texas restart. Now that I live in Texas, most fendered classes (and mods) use that kind of restart. Until there are too many yellows, that is.
THEY RESTARTED THE MODS. TWO ABREAST IN READING PA. BACK IN THE 50 & 60S TEXAS STARTS MY ASS!:headbang

2/8/09, 7:01 PM   #36
aceace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Watson View Post
I don't follow Napcar either but i did watch last night. During the year i do watch the races from only 3 specific tracks: Daytona, Talladega and Bristol. Do you see a pattern here? :confused:
They ruined Bristol when they changed the track to create two groves. The bump and run went on 10X a lap with people trying to work their way to the front. At least 20 drivers every race walked away from there mad. It was good stuff though.

2/8/09, 8:36 PM   #37
cmakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERDUKE View Post
THEY RESTARTED THE MODS. TWO ABREAST IN READING PA. BACK IN THE 50 & 60S TEXAS STARTS MY ASS!:headbang
Uh, I wasn't referring to the two abreast as a Texas restart. What I was referring to was the leader out front, and then the rest two abreast. Hell, we used to restart the supers two abreast at Hangtown Speedway back in the seventies. And race to the yellow. As I recall, the only track in the area using the "Texas Restart" style was Stockton 99 for their Late Model Sportsman and Hobby Stock races.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > OT: Bud Shootout