IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > OT: Bud Shootout
2/7/09, 10:05 PM   #11
Re: OT: Bud Shootout
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

I watched the crashfest that ARCA put on from Daytona earlier today. The boys back at the shop have job security for a while. It amazes me how they continue to race both here and at Talladega. You would think that after a while car owners would get tired of pouring money down the drain. I enjoy watching the ARCA series but some of these boys are over the edge and out of control. They need to pull the reins back a little tighter. I also wonder, where are the spotters when a car involved in a wreck gets pounded again a good 5 or 6 seconds later by someone at full speed?:headbang

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

2/7/09, 10:11 PM   #12
ajb6

That was a good move by Gordon. It looks like they all have their hands full though. Pretty good driving by Stremme too, to stay out of the wall.

2/7/09, 10:29 PM   #13
terrehautian

Watching because it caught my attention.....Seen Gordon drive through taht wreck....then seen Gordon tap whoever adn spin them (relax, just saying, doesn't look like he could have done anything to prevent it to me).

2/7/09, 11:23 PM   #14
terrehautian

What a finish! And who didn't see a big one coming?

2/7/09, 11:31 PM   #15
Dick Monahan

Race Count Last Year: 26

As I said above, I came back and watched it on high speed. Just by luck, I timed it exactly so I watched the green-white-checker on normal speed. It was interesting, but is it racing?

I.e., is cup racing related to real racing like pro rassling is related to real wrestling? It's spectacular, but it's a completely different thing. A driver can't pass the guy in front of him because he's a better driver or his car is handling better or he has more horses; he passes because he gets another car behind him.

Now that I think of it, it's closer to roller derby than it is to our kind of racing. :-)

2/7/09, 11:43 PM   #16
aceace

I don't think I would want to drive ARCA. Those boys are nuts! Three sent to the hospital! All alert & moving thankfully. Possibly one of the worst ARCA wrecks I have seen. The only good NASCAR races anymore are the restrictor plates. There's really not as much skill as there is luck.

2/7/09, 11:47 PM   #17
racephoto1

I love a 190 mile an hour demo derby. Tonights was a pretty good one. The 150's and the 500 are going to be fun to watch.

2/7/09, 11:50 PM   #18
hoosierfan

Is the short track restart something done in a small division or something? Don't think I've ever seen it around here.

2/7/09, 11:54 PM   #19
arctic monkey21

The only time I ever see double file restarts used is the Halloween 200, but that's because it would be impossible to restart all the cars single file. There is also some late model organizations that used that use the Delaware double file. For those that are not familiar its basically the leader by themselves and the rest of the field double file behind.

2/8/09, 12:05 AM   #20
Dick Monahan

Race Count Last Year: 26

All the short track stock cars in the Northeast use double file restarts. The NEMA midgets use them until there are fewer than 5 laps to go.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > OT: Bud Shootout