IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Way to Treat People
2/4/09, 3:13 PM   #1
Way to Treat People
Dwayne

I copied this from another message board.:doh:

I am very disappointed in IMPACT. My 14 year old son is doing a science project to show how flame retardant material resists heat for different lengths of time.
I called IMPACT to see about getting some scrap samples for his project. They would not give them to me but wanted to charge me $25.00 for a few small pieces of scrap material.
I will tell you this much, IMPACT won't get any more of my money from now on. You would think especially after buying 3 new suits, gloves and shoes in the past 2 years they could help out a kid for a school project.
BELL HELMETS and HINCHMAN SUITS are the best! I then phoned BELL, Rantoul, IL. and a representative told me that she would do her best to help. She called someone from Hinchman and she said she could help out. The pieces of scrap material are on the way.
These 2 companys need supported. We buy their products to do what we love to do-- RACE! The least they can do is help someone out with something as small as this was. BELL and HINCHMAN DID! Thank you!!!

2/4/09, 3:54 PM   #2
Re: Way to Treat People
Knoke77

I'll be the first to say that Hinchman is top notch for customer service. I have a closet full of suits that they have made for me over the years and their quality is top notch! :thumb

2/4/09, 4:07 PM   #3
DonMoore10

Yeah, they wanted the twenty-five bucks to help pay for the free suits that some drivers get from them. :crying:

2/4/09, 5:05 PM   #4
Bubzilla

You can try calling Kevin Olsen and ask for a scrap piece of last year's Chili Bowl tee shirt too.

2/4/09, 5:37 PM   #5
racinryan16

I know Jerry and Nancy at Hinchman pretty well and I can tell you they are truly nice people.

2/4/09, 6:15 PM   #6
mortboyz

Hey Joe.....I thought I overheard while in the crapper at the Chili Bowl that KO sold that shirt....

2/4/09, 9:41 PM   #7
badgerfan

KO sold a couple boxes full last year at the bowl, I got one with his conehead autograph. And he threw in a free shoelace retip job.

2/6/09, 12:46 AM   #8
bodine99

Hinchman makes a great suit. Jerry and Nancy are always there to help.:thumb

2/6/09, 1:46 AM   #9
AsianPersuasian

I used to be Diehard Impact, but after this last suit....between getting fit up to wear a L and receiving a XXXL 2 months later, and the rightly sized suit getting kind of rough through only one season.....

Hinchman may be getting a call. I got measured up at the Expo...liked what I saw hanging around me.

2/6/09, 8:58 AM   #10
sprinter25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne View Post
I copied this from another message board.:doh:

I am very disappointed in IMPACT. My 14 year old son is doing a science project to show how flame retardant material resists heat for different lengths of time.
I called IMPACT to see about getting some scrap samples for his project. They would not give them to me but wanted to charge me $25.00 for a few small pieces of scrap material.
I will tell you this much, IMPACT won't get any more of my money from now on. You would think especially after buying 3 new suits, gloves and shoes in the past 2 years they could help out a kid for a school project.
BELL HELMETS and HINCHMAN SUITS are the best! I then phoned BELL, Rantoul, IL. and a representative told me that she would do her best to help. She called someone from Hinchman and she said she could help out. The pieces of scrap material are on the way.
These 2 companys need supported. We buy their products to do what we love to do-- RACE! The least they can do is help someone out with something as small as this was. BELL and HINCHMAN DID! Thank you!!!
Dwayne.... Exactly what purpose is served by copying a post from another board here - especially when that post blasts IMPACT?; if you want to offer an opinion on that post and poster, then you should do so. The fact that you offered no editorial comment about it tells me that, most likely, you were just trying to stir things up here....

The original poster has a right to post his opinion; your post is just a poor attempt to stoke a fire......IMO:thumbsdown:

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Way to Treat People