IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Midwest Connection - The Black Panther Sprint Cars
1/31/09, 9:51 AM   #1
Midwest Connection - The Black Panther Sprint Cars
Midwest Connection

Many of the IOW readers are already aware of and have been to The Black Panther Sprint Cars webpage already I am sure. But, for those who haven't, this page is a very interesting sprint car history - I thought so anyway. :Steer

Have a good day...see you at the races :thumb

Rich - Arnold, Missouri

Link: http://winfield.50megs.com/AAUpload/...ackPanther.htm

1/31/09, 12:35 PM   #2
Re: Midwest Connection - The Black Panther Sprint Cars
suziekh

:applaud:Being the daughter of Frank Lueptow, I would like to thank you for allowing me to read of the history of my father. My father was killed when I was two years old and I was there at the race at Atlanta with my mom when he had his fatal accident. I truly enjoyed reading about my dad and the history of his career. Thank you so much.

Suzie Kinser Hodges

1/31/09, 2:03 PM   #3
Midwest Connection

Suzie,
When I came across The Black Panther Sprint Cars, and after reading it and looking at the photos I thought there would be many who would like to read this as well. When I see anything written by Don Radbruch especially, I read it, to me he is one of the greatest auto racing historians all time - a favorite writer of mine for sure. It is very sad what happened to your father while you were just two years old - I am very sorry to hear that. I hope things are going well for you and your family. After reading your last name, you are certainly among the all time greats of auto racing today. I am assuming the Kinser family of racers and one of my favorites also - Rocky Hodges (please correct me if I am wrong).
Anyway suziekh, I hope you have a nice day.
Rich - Arnold, Missouri

1/31/09, 5:20 PM   #4
suziekh

Rich,

It is greatly appreciated that people are remembered 60 years later. My mom married Bobby Grim when I was four years old, and then as you surmised, I am Sheldon Kinser's widow and then married Rocky Hodges. Sheldon and I had a son and a daughter and both are connected with racing....Justin Kinser being a mechanic and Shelley is married to Daron Clayton. The legends continue.....

1/31/09, 6:59 PM   #5
Midwest Connection

Suzie,

After reading your posts today, I must say it has been a pleasure to make your acquaintance. Talk about an auto racing history, your family is without a doubt one of the greatest racing legends of all times - some of America's All Time "True Grit" Racers for sure. I wish you and your family all the best in the upcoming 2009 racing season. I am hopeful that I will see Daron Clayton race a time or two this year. Rocky Hodges in the #50 Aviator's Silver Crown at the 1995 Tony Bettenhausen 100 starting 14th and finishing 6th, a race I will never forget. Kenny Irwin, Jr started 28th and won the 1995 Tony Bettenahusen 100 - one of the most incredible drives I have ever seen on a race track. Great racing memories.

Have a good day...see you at the races

Rich - Arnold, Missouri

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Midwest Connection - The Black Panther Sprint Cars