IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Young sprint car racers
1/24/09, 2:57 PM   #21
Re: Young sprint car racers
cmp

Ocean Speedway's Watsonville Ca Non Wing Drivers Ryan Bernal, Mark Chaves Jr, Angelia Liggett, Devon Ostheimer just Flat Out put on a Show!
Bruce

1/24/09, 2:59 PM   #22
nonwingnit

think bland is 20 or 21 and ballou is like a year younger...i think...not positive though

1/24/09, 3:07 PM   #23
Tripcrwn

I will be keeping an eye out for Bernal this coming season.

1/24/09, 4:43 PM   #24
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Three youngsters (there all youngsters to me:O that impressed me were Sammy Imel, Caleb Armstrong and Chase Briscoe. I saw Imel and Armstrong run more than I did Briscoe, but all three showed some poise and were not afraid to race. They didn't seem to tear up a bunch of equipment either, and for family run operations that is always a plus. Can't wait to see them strap in again in 2009.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

1/25/09, 8:07 PM   #25
Redwood17257

I can't argue with any of the names above. I got a chance to Logan Hupp run a few races at Lincoln Park and he impressed me with his consistency. I haven't seen anyone name Todd Kimmell yet, but I've seen him run regularly at LPS the past couple of seasons and he made some great leaps in his ability this past season. Looking forward to seeing some more great battles between him and Billy Puterbaugh Jr. this year too.

1/25/09, 8:44 PM   #26
BAsprintcar

You gotta love Todd Kimmel! He puts on a heck of a show! Hes the next best thing! Hopefully we will see him again in 2009!

1/25/09, 8:49 PM   #27
#1Brad Kuhn Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAsprintcar View Post
You gotta love Todd Kimmel! He puts on a heck of a show! Hes the next best thing! Hopefully we will see him again in 2009!
Ive never really seen him race.Ive seen him once at gascity (i think).Ive heard alot of good talk about him tho.I meet him in ft wyane this december.Seems like a very nice & cool guy.

1/25/09, 9:28 PM   #28
Al Pierce

Race Count This Year: 49
Race Count Last Year: 43

Kimmel came to my mind also. I've only seen him run at P'ville and Bloomington but he looks pretty good. Seems to me that I've heard he has some connection to JRS.

1/25/09, 10:05 PM   #29
clark9c

i'd have to say ryan "the rocketman" tusing was pretty impressive, a low-budget team that made the feature at b-town every week but once, now thats impressive considering who runs there weekly

1/25/09, 11:03 PM   #30
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Coleman Gullick started looking really stron the second half of the season. Won his first Sprint feature and was on his way to another one when disaster happend. Well junked the car.
Chuck, saying the feature he won was against the afore mentioned Peterman who also impressed me.
Chuck

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Young sprint car racers