IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > For the Sammy haters...
1/18/09, 11:47 PM   #21
Re: For the Sammy haters...
mortboyz

The car didn't look that much different from a "standard' dirt Midget to me, except for the square tank and the "hobby stock" nerf bars...
But I do find it hard to believe that John Godfrey would allow his stickers on a car that had frame parts made of "exhaust pipe" tubing, as one rumor we heard walking the pits.....:eek:

And Don, on the way home I thought it over some more.....I'll throw it up to $300 to see that 10 car at the Sammy Bowl next year:eek:
Last edited by mortboyz; 1/18/09 at 11:50 PM.

1/19/09, 12:40 AM   #22
tailtank

Quote:
Sammy has all of the talent in the world, that's obvious. However, his attitude and personality leave a lot to be desired. Kind of like flipping Stenhouse "The Bird" for a racing accident. That's just my opinion...
Attitude and personality do not win races despite what you and alot of people around here think of him and Kevin. Driving is what wins races and both of them can and have done it in the past. Most people choose to dislike them because of what they do or say OUTSIDE of the racecar but IN you can't say squat.

As far as flipping Stenhouse off, every driver has done it a time or two just ask Jack Hewitt. And another thing why don't you ask Scott Speed what he thinks about Stenhouse? Hey everybody's got an opinion........

Go Sammy & Go Kevin!:checkered:

1/19/09, 1:16 AM   #23
petey

I'll give credit where it's due. Sammy ran an awesome race. I'd heard the same thing about the roll cage or part of the frame being made from exhaust tubing. If it was the same car from 03, then I believe it was originally a Stealth but since Godfrey made it I guess it's ok to call it a Spike. It didn't have the hood on it from that year though.

I think it's time Bondio brough back the old car or make another one like it for Kruseman. Those guys are falling from grace. Come back and kick some ass again guys!

1/19/09, 1:25 AM   #24
Joe Kidd

"For all you Sammy haters"

1/19/09, 1:47 AM   #25
michiganmadman

From a very reliable source, the car is just a tick over 600lbs. The key you ask? Alot of magnesium in places you would never suspect.

1/19/09, 2:43 AM   #26
Duane Hancock

Who cares, a w is a w and Sammy has 5 of them now in the Chili Bowl....

If any of the other cars would of won, would we be even talking 1 bit about their car?

Sammy was the class of the Chili Bowl this year, deal with it!
Come to think of it, how close is anyone else in his Chili Bowl win column? E nuff said...
Last edited by Duane Hancock; 1/19/09 at 2:47 AM.

1/19/09, 4:50 AM   #27
LocalYokel

Bondios car that Kruseman won in might have had off the self parts, but you better believe that they were milled and modified as much as possible. His cars now are completely nuts. Bondio fabrication shuts down sometime in the middle of November, untill the Chili Bowl just to get the cars ready. 600lbs is a tank compaired to the new rides.

1/19/09, 11:43 AM   #28
racinryan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilrim View Post
it's a spike with an esslinger... like 90% of the competiton. It does not get much more conventional than that!!

The funny thing is that if it was joe blow, or the car was running in the rear.. you wouldn't be blabbin on it. But that it's sammy and he hasn't lost a race this week... he seems to be cheatin!

Keep guessin on the gallon size of the fuel cell!!

later
chuck
Its hard to cheat when there are no rules. I think he just had a great setup, and face it Sammy can drive.

1/19/09, 12:21 PM   #29
polecar

i have to agree, it's hard to cheat when there are no rules.

as for the fuel cell, why have a 27 gallon fuel cell when you only put 10 gallons in the tank.

1/19/09, 12:29 PM   #30
VaDirt

Here's what I find funny about this whole thread. Many on this board long for the days when the Indy 500 was all about innovation, when cars would show up that were different and challenged the field. But at the Chili Bowl, the same ones complain about that very thing.

Maybe I'm wrong, but the Chili Bowl is probably the closest thing to the old days, when innovation was key.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > For the Sammy haters...