IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > My thoughts on the economy...
12/13/08, 7:33 PM   #31
Re: My thoughts on the economy...
Fisher79

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
I personally feel we are even in more danger of being attacked, becuase of bush. I recently saw where al queda membership is up 4x what it was on 9/11. Our poor troops are scattered all over thus rendering them somewhat ineffective. ( no fault of theirs) If you remember bin laden said he would bankrupt our country, and it appears bush did his best to make him right. Just for the record I live in the real world and do not watch fox news.
Brent - I like you and that won't change. But, I've had enough democrat-speak from all outlets to fill two lifetimes. I feel as though people like myself have no voice anymore and, since the door has been opened, I have to vent here.

Come on. I hate it when people (liberals) act like Fox News is some kind of aberration, like it's the news channel that's off base. Get real. If you watch these channels objectively (which I do -- my only partisan affiliation is to the Party of Common Sense) you realize that Fox News is the only one that's remotely different from the rest. The rest of the f***ing channels are feeding us the same bleeding heart, leftist, morally corrupt liberal BS. I'm not saying Fox News is 100% pure by any means, but it sure comes closer to the middle -- the "real world" -- than all the rest combined.

For the record, I'm no Republican. Yes I think guns are ok, yes I think small government is a good thing, yes I am pro life, and no, I don't want to give a handout to Shaniqua on 38th Street with six kids and a crack problem. But by the same token, gay marrige is ok by me, I think mixing church and state is a joke and I'm all for universal health care. So what does that make me? Sensible, I like to think.

I realize that 99% of all the news we see in America has a corporate (mind control) agenda, but Jesus Christ. Choose the lesser of two evils.

12/13/08, 9:42 PM   #32
cabjr111

I like turkey on Thanksgiving and ham on Chritmas Day.

12/13/08, 11:05 PM   #33
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisher79 View Post

For the record, I'm no Republican. Yes I think guns are ok, yes I think small government is a good thing, yes I am pro life, and no, I don't want to give a handout to Shaniqua on 38th Street with six kids and a crack problem. But by the same token, gay marrige is ok by me, I think mixing church and state is a joke and I'm all for universal health care. So what does that make me? Sensible, I like to think.

I realize that 99% of all the news we see in America has a corporate (mind control) agenda, but Jesus Christ. Choose the lesser of two evils.
Derek, I agree with your last paragraph, and I beleive your and I opinions may be closer than you think. I know a person who made $6 million a couple of years ago, and not only did he pay a lower percentage of taxes, he also paid a lower dollar amount in real dollars. I think that is horrible. I won't earn that much in my lifetime. I know all news has a certain amount of spin, but I have seen fox just plain lie. I am in the book, call me sometime, and I will debate you over a beer. Have a good one.

12/13/08, 11:28 PM   #34
TQ97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher Dave View Post
My brother and I have been kicking around a solution. Most banks receive their money at about 1/4 of a percent. They then turn arond and loan it to us at 4 to 7 percent interest rates for car loans, mortgages, etc.

We were thinking that if ever mortgage was refinanced at 1 to 2 percent lower than they are currently at it would put a lot of money into the homeowners hands to do more with than what they currently have. Some of the numbers that we came up with were 2 to 4 hundred dollars per month depending on the amount of the mortgage.

Everyone is focusing on the big companies, and yes it would be catastrophic for them to go under. The government bailed out the banks, insurance co., and mortgage lenders, but cannot bail out the big three. This seems weird to me. We gave the banks 300 billion and did not worry about where their money was going. From reports that I have heard that money is not getting lended like they thought that it would.

The money from an interest rate refinance on everyones' home would make a huge impact on everyone. With more money every month it allows people to spend more and have a lasting effect on the economy.

My brother and I are not financial experts. Just some ideas that we came up with. I am sure that there will be plenty of questions. show me what might work better.

Preacher Dave
Great idea in theory, but not gonna happen. Most people who need your refinance idea are under water on their homes value right now because of overinflating values and too much easy credit, and therefore no bank will touch them.
Last edited by TQ97; 12/13/08 at 11:32 PM.

12/14/08, 11:16 AM   #35
Z-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
I personally feel we are even in more danger of being attacked, becuase of bush. I recently saw where al queda membership is up 4x what it was on 9/11. Our poor troops are scattered all over thus rendering them somewhat ineffective. ( no fault of theirs) If you remember bin laden said he would bankrupt our country, and it appears bush did his best to make him right. Just for the record I live in the real world and do not watch fox news.
I assure you that the taxpayers money is at work to prevent or at least diminish the effects of another terrorist attack, whether it be from a group like Al Queda or just pissed off citizens. Most of what is being done you will not see or hear about. I think that local governments will play a major role in preventing another terrorist attack, not the military. I wouldn't be suprised if the words "Al Queda" and "terrorism" being typed on this message board hasn't already got someones attention. Now if Don would use these words in one of his posts maybe he would get some of that buy out or government assistance money sent his way.

12/14/08, 11:46 AM   #36
sc96

I feel sorry for anyone in the auto industry but we have done it ourself.From the top CEO to the person sweeping the floors.We as Americans have sold out to overseas intrest look around your own house and cout the things that say MADE IN THE USA. I am as guilty as anyone else but we as a country have made our own bed and now we have to sleep in it.On the brighter side we can fix it and not buy throwing money at it but buy getting back to our roots that made our country strong in the first place NEVER GIVE UP take one day at a time.If your neighbor is down help them up we may not all agree on everything but be thankfull for what you do have it may not be much but be thankfull.

12/14/08, 12:25 PM   #37
Biro 22

This is a hard thread to respond too and has now changed its content.......because the Country is divided between two forces. Us and them. Rep. and Dem. Rush (sometimes right, sometimes dickhead) Limbaugh......."Us or them". Its so amazing to me that there are about 300+ million people in this Country and with I would hope, that many different opinions, and we have somehow narrowed it down to 2 parties with opposite views and standards. It really shows how narrow minded the Country is that there could also be an UP or DOWN or another direction instead of just the right and left wingers.

Why don't we get off of the Us or Them mentality, get rid of electoral voting, get rid of the politcal parties and I bet the people in this Country would come together as a whole. Including us on this board.

Flatrightrear...............yes Bush has done alot to stop further attacks. Agreed. However, the FBI, CIA, and the White house were warned months in advance of 9/11 and knew it was coming. They did nothing to stop it when they could have.

Look what you started Mr. Kimmel.
curt

12/14/08, 6:55 PM   #38
LEADERS EDGE

The whole world is in the same boat as we are. These toxic mortgages where sold to every country and it has basically bankrupted the whole world.

As long as there was cash flow, the game could go on, but when oil and other commodities were used as a tool to offset the losses in the banking industry, that cut off the flow and was the final straw.

What's the difference between Shaniqua on 38th in big bad city Indiana or Jill on Happy Meadow lane in Little Slice of Small Town Heaven Indiana? Unwed pregnant mothers are in every town big and small as more and more people won't take responsability for anything anymore.

I don't argue the Buy American theory, but we went through the Depression during a time when we bought mostly American. Also, don't buy the American hype some of these companies claim, many of the Ameican products have some sort of foreign influence to it.

I do believe though that manufacturing is the key to a country's prosperity. No matter how long people say that only educated minds are worthy of pay and dirty hands are those of the fools.

Remember this: While I don't agree with unchecked imigratrion, nearly all of us here are the relation to US imigrants.

The only way out of this is to do the best you can, take responsability for your actions and spend a certain amount of money on goods and services other than food and entertainment when you can. Storing your money in coffee cans and hording every penny is the financial suicide equivilant to death by a thousand paper cuts. It's a slow and painful way to fade away.

12/14/08, 7:28 PM   #39
Flatrightrear

Juan Williams, Lara Niasson, Heraldo Riviera, Greta Van Susteren, some blond from Fortune magazine-- all left of center politically if not flat out in left field and all are regularly featured on Fox News. Mort Kondracke thinks he's somewhere in the middle but can't make up his mind. Someone name me at least one are two conservatives that get heard regularly on any other network on a daily basis. Liberals attack Fox because Fox is successful just like they attack conservative talk radio because it is successful so now we have to hear from some in the Democratic Party that the Fairness Doctrine should be brought back so talk radio will be constrained/destroyed. Many in that party want to stifle opposition voices, which is reminiscient of Stalin/Goebbels. If you don't like what you're hearing just change the station or turn the tv or radio off. That is the best censorship in the world and lets each individual decide for themselves what they want to hear. Biro, sure Bush has made mistakes but lets not let the majority Dems in both houses off the hook. Reid, Pelosi and crew are not young innocents. Barney Frank and Chris Dodd should both be on a witness stand answering questions and NOT telling anybody anything about how the mortgage ship should be righted after both telling us 3-4 years back that all was well with Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae when smart people told them red flags were going up all over the place. The tape on them is out there saying "all is well" if you want to watch it. Best advice I have is trust in the Lord as He is in charge and everything that happens is part of His plan whether we understand it or not. That's how I get through my day, anyway.OK, I'll shut up and go away now.

12/14/08, 10:11 PM   #40
fishnman

Only one thought on the situation: Ted Nugent in 2012 !

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > My thoughts on the economy...