IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

View Poll Results: Which do you prefer????
2001 Bristol WoO 9 15.79%
2002 Kings Royal 4 7.02%
2004 Chili Bowl 13 22.81%
2006 Bloomington NST (stands) 15 26.32%
2005 Terre Haute ISW 17 29.82%
2007 Lawrenceburg 17 29.82%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Its polling time again!!!!!!!!!
12/1/08, 6:49 PM   #11
Re: Its polling time again!!!!!!!!!
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Kidd View Post
No complaining here. I just think John has a hard on for Bigracefan. Since he doesn't complain about anyone else that does it. :doh:
Lets face it Joe you have NO IDEA what I am thinking(and believe me that is a comforting thought to me). I dont have a hardon for 1brf I just wondered why there are constantly polls on here concerning what to post there. Should'nt the polls be on the other website or do they need the popularity of this website to drive hits on their own site. Simple enough, if they are using Bills site to drive hits to their site I figured he should get something for it. Is that clear enough for you?

Throttlehead, you are correct I am not privy to what should have been a private conversation between Kyle and Bill....NOR SHOULD I BE. But you act like I should have known that. Lets face facts, IF you want to bash others for promoting on here, count the posts, I dare you, tell me how many posts promote t2d.com vs ALL OTHER posts you may consider as promotion. I bet there are more posts promoting t2d than all others combined. Dont think you have a leg to stand on there bud. lastly I never said a word about "website making money" sometimes in business you have to spend some to make some.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

12/1/08, 7:21 PM   #12
Joe Kidd

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
Lets face it Joe you have NO IDEA what I am thinking(and believe me that is a comforting thought to me). I dont have a hardon for 1brf I just wondered why there are constantly polls on here concerning what to post there. Should'nt the polls be on the other website or do they need the popularity of this website to drive hits on their own site. Simple enough, if they are using Bills site to drive hits to their site I figured he should get something for it. Is that clear enough for you?

Throttlehead, you are correct I am not privy to what should have been a private conversation between Kyle and Bill....NOR SHOULD I BE. But you act like I should have known that. Lets face facts, IF you want to bash others for promoting on here, count the posts, I dare you, tell me how many posts promote t2d.com vs ALL OTHER posts you may consider as promotion. I bet there are more posts promoting t2d than all others combined. Dont think you have a leg to stand on there bud. lastly I never said a word about "website making money" sometimes in business you have to spend some to make some.
Don't like it, don't click on it. I think Bill is old enough to handle it if he sees the need for it.

12/1/08, 7:29 PM   #13
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrottleHead View Post
I have a better idea for polls. How about 2....

2. Should admins who have radio shows and hawk their own videos for sale have to pay for ad space on this board? Yes or No.
Quit trying to draw an equivalent between yourselves and D.O. There is no comparison. Here are a few of the glaring differences:

1. D.O. already had an established name when this board began and lent that name and brand to Bill when he established this message board. If you had been here longer you would remember that this board used to be called the Racin' With D.O. Message Board. You guys, on the other hand, would be completely unknown if it weren't for Bill's website.

2. D.O. promotes tapes, radio shows and races he's put together on this board, but he doesn't hammer this board, time after time, almost every single day, the way that you guys do.

3. When D.O.'s at events, he pumps Bill's website, big time. He's always telling people to come here. I've heard you, when you're at places like The Burg. You don't try to send people here. You beg for money and tell people to go to T2D.com.

I think it takes a lot of audacity for you guys to spend so much effort and time on this board, just to try to get people to leave the website that his sponsors banners are on, to go to yours. Look at Buckley's site. I'm sure IOW has helped him increase the amount of people that know about Jackslash. But, he's always promoted here in a sensible, moderate amount, put together a creative, original website and has gotten his own sponsors. And I never heard anybody complain about him.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

12/1/08, 8:27 PM   #14
SHORTBUS

Race Count This Year: 35
Race Count Last Year: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry shaw View Post
quit trying to draw an equivalent between yourselves and d.o. There is no comparison. Here are a few of the glaring differences:

1. D.o. Already had an established name when this board began and lent that name and brand to bill when he established this message board. If you had been here longer you would remember that this board used to be called the racin' with d.o. Message board. You guys, on the other hand, would be completely unknown if it weren't for bill's website.

2. D.o. Promotes tapes, radio shows and races he's put together on this board, but he doesn't hammer this board, time after time, almost every single day, the way that you guys do.

3. When d.o.'s at events, he pumps bill's website, big time. He's always telling people to come here. I've heard you, when you're at places like the burg. You don't try to send people here. You beg for money and tell people to go to t2d.com.

I think it takes a lot of audacity for you guys to spend so much effort and time on this board, just to try to get people to leave the website that his sponsors banners are on, to go to yours. Look at buckley's site. I'm sure iow has helped him increase the amount of people that know about jackslash. But, he's always promoted here in a sensible, moderate amount, put together a creative, original website and has gotten his own sponsors. And i never heard anybody complain about him.

Jerry
jerry,
could not agree more.

12/1/08, 9:18 PM   #15
#1Brad Kuhn Fan

sometimes i think don brings alot of all this drama on his self.....

12/2/08, 10:09 AM   #16
Joe Kidd

Quote:
I have a better idea for polls. How about 2....

1. Should people who :
A. Have no idea what Bill Gardner and Talk2Drivers talked about for acceptable posts on this messageboard and
B. Conversations had concerning what he felt was acceptable for T2D to reference IOW on their site
just mind their own business and not continue to stir up crap? Yes or no.....

2. Should admins who have radio shows and hawk their own videos for sale have to pay for ad space on this board? Yes or No.

Funny..... all those polls are here for is to give the FAN a say so on what they want to see on a FAN site. Novel concept. And to clear something up on the "website making money" argument...... that's no where near close to happening. I never see it "making money". Breaking even would be an amazing thing. If breaking even would happen I bet you would see an ad on here so quick it would make people's heads spin. Afterall.... .we are about giving back to those who have given us so much entertainment over the years. Messageboards are no exception to this mentality either.
Thank You! And couldn't agree more.

12/2/08, 1:20 PM   #17
D.O.

Hey somebody help these guys out, send them some money.
Maybe everybody here can help these guys out !

Quote from t2d

Do you wish to donate to offset expenses for our site? We could REALLY use the help... especially with gas prices at 4 bucks a gallon! If you can, please click the button to donate. Even a small donation is greatly appreciated and needed with the ever increasing costs to maintain this site! For those who donate, we will set up an appreciation page for those who do contribute!

Hey guys I am and advertiser with IOW and more, how about you.

D.O.

:dologob:

12/2/08, 1:43 PM   #18
Fisher79

Quote:
...what Bill Gardner and Talk2Drivers talked about for acceptable posts on this messageboard...
This thread should have been rendered dead the second the antagonists of this conversation read that sentence. If it'd already been discussed by the players in the deal, then it's an absolute non-issue. And if it's still an issue to some, then don't click if you don't like, as mentioned previously.

Case closed, move on, nothing to see here.

12/2/08, 5:17 PM   #19
jjones776

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisher79 View Post
This thread should have been rendered dead the second the antagonists of this conversation read that sentence. If it'd already been discussed by the players in the deal, then it's an absolute non-issue. And if it's still an issue to some, then don't click if you don't like, as mentioned previously.

Case closed, move on, nothing to see here.
the mighty one has spoken on this topic now. i guess we are not allowed to discuss it anymore. :rolleyes:

12/2/08, 5:19 PM   #20
davex

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjones776 View Post
the mighty one has spoken on this topic now. i guess we are not allowed to discuss it anymore. :rolleyes:
i was thinking the same thing!!! :rolling

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Its polling time again!!!!!!!!!