IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > The best low income racer
10/8/08, 1:39 PM   #51
Re: The best low income racer
wolfpack58

Kent Christian or Bobby Stines:respect::respect::applaud::applaud::nonwing fan::nonwingfan:

10/8/08, 3:26 PM   #52
B.Tusing

I appreciate the kind words and as Ryans dad, I agree with many of the other names on this post also. There are many drivers out there racing week to week hoping to bring the car home in 1 pc. so they can race next week. we were very fortunate to race against good people who were also willing to help out when asked. We look forward to next year and hope we learned enough this year to do a little better.

10/9/08, 1:07 AM   #53
zeroracer

I dont think it could have been said any better than what Eric said, thats why we do it, its about having fun, my dad and I have been caught up in the trying to go fast thing before and spent money that ran our racing fund dry early before. Half a season in 06 and 10 races in 07. Its not cheap but its a passion.

Right now I would say my buddy Moffatt is doin as good as any low budget racer.

10/9/08, 2:07 AM   #54
Jackslash.com

"The Eric Barnhill Express"

10/9/08, 11:49 AM   #55
Dgentry51

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJMartin View Post
I am not sure if i should comment on this and I know this is probably going to be taken the wrong way. And dont take this as a oooh feel sorry for anyone. But what constitues a low income racer? Is it a racer who knows if he crashes and bends a frame he is done for the season? Or blows a motor he is done for the year if not longer? So he races very conservitively. Is it a racer who runs tires that are a year old and has who knows, what kind of heat cycles they have been through? Does resources factor in as well (as far as being able to build/ fix parts)? I think there are alot of what people consider low income racers, but then there are ALOT of people that are way below low income racers who struggle to get by every week and get no recognition and probably shouldnt even be in the sport since they cant afford it. However they keep plugging away hoping they get that one opportunity or break. This is just my opinion.
Haven't raced a whole lot this the last couple of seasons due to the money game , but I would put my budget up against anyones as far as low budget goes, repair my own bent/broken, FREE chassis ,do my own motor work ,have not had sponsor of any kind for last 5 yrs.no new tires for last three yrs.

10/9/08, 5:51 PM   #56
Al Soran

I believe the Wissmiller boys hang tough on most nights with very limited funds. They and their father do a lot of their own engine work as well.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > The best low income racer