IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Battle of the TQs: Indiana Dirt Sat. Sept. 27 Greensburg
9/28/08, 8:47 PM   #21
Re: Battle of the TQs: Indiana Dirt Sat. Sept. 27 Greensburg
24midgets

:greenflag:I would like to thank Jennifer and Mark for giving many racers the chance to run at Greensburg.It was a lot of fun and looked like a good number of fans .Doing this less than 4 weeks is awesome and can't wait till next year.:Steer Run in 2 heat race was great, also help me dial my car for the feature. The burg crew was great as was the track. It was also nice to see Chad annoucing at the Battle of the TQ's . :checkered: Chris Mann

9/28/08, 9:18 PM   #22
Ambrose93&39

I would just like to say that it was a very fun night. We havn't had that much fun racing our TQ's in a long time. It was nice not to have anyone ******** or whinning or causing a lot of drama during and after the show was over. That's how racing is supposed to be!!!!!!!!

9/29/08, 7:54 AM   #23
yamaha

just curious how many mini sprints were there and if the mini sprint won?

9/29/08, 8:56 AM   #24
TQ29m

No Mini-Sprints, altho they were invited. Nice turn out for a quickly put together show, thanks to Jennifer and Mark for their enthusiasum, all the "volunteers", also a round of thank you's, for all the help that came to help Kyle and I get a front axle changed, so we could continue, we were short of help because of harvesting time for Kyle and his Dad, I was lucky to have Kyle there. Thanks to the Lawrenceburg crew for their help, the "hill" had a fair number, and were treated to a lot of good racing, three wide at times, and I think everyone had a good time, we even had Porta-Johns in the pits, and a concession stand on wheels. Hope everyone had as much fun as Kyle and I did. Kudos to everyone who pitched in to make this a fun evening. Bob

9/29/08, 5:02 PM   #25
1021gpa

[QUOTE=TQ29m;66850]No Mini-Sprints, altho they were invited. Nice turn out for a quickly put together show, thanks to Jennifer and Mark for their enthusiasum, all the "volunteers", also a round of thank you's, for all the help that came to help Kyle and I get a front axle changed, so we could continue, we were short of help because of harvesting time for Kyle and his Dad, I was lucky to have Kyle there. Thanks to the Lawrenceburg crew for their help, the "hill" had a fair number, and were treated to a lot of good racing, three wide at times, and I think everyone had a good time, we even had Porta-Johns in the pits, and a concession stand on wheels. Hope everyone had as much fun as Kyle and I did. Kudos to everyone who pitched in to make this a fun evening. Bob[/QUOTE
i asked on here if the mini sprints were gonna run up there with the tq's last saturday and the guy who was putting on the races posted on here that there was not going to be any support class that night ..we were planning on bringing a car up and i am sure that there would have been alot more because there was no tracks around here running them last saturday

9/29/08, 5:16 PM   #26
TQ29m

Don't take that for gospel, that was only my interpretation, I have been "incorrect", at least once, that I can remember, in my 71 years on this planet. Sorry if I made a "hasty" reply. Bob

9/29/08, 5:47 PM   #27
STP

Race Count Last Year: 1

You are right. We did not have mini sprints because it was our first race and I wanted to keep this race as simple as possible. There's a group of Illinois TQs that were invited but had end of year car troubles and couldn't make the race. That may be the group Bob is referring. We were contacted by a mini sprint series but couldn't organize it in such a short amount of time. I do plan on getting together with those groups over the winter months.

We put this together in a short amount of time and there were a lot of things we wanted to do but couldn't due to time constraints. I'm very proud of everyone. A lot of people came together and helped out for a great night of racing. My daughters, who would rather clean their rooms than go racing, had a fabulous time and are begging to do another race. LOL

I'm going to be on the Racin with D. O. show tonight... I hope you all can tune in.:dologob:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1021gpa View Post
i asked on here if the mini sprints were gonna run up there with the tq's last saturday and the guy who was putting on the races posted on here that there was not going to be any support class that night ..we were planning on bringing a car up and i am sure that there would have been alot more because there was no tracks around here running them last saturday

9/29/08, 5:50 PM   #28
STP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ29m View Post
Don't take that for gospel, that was only my interpretation, I have been "incorrect", at least once, that I can remember, in my 71 years on this planet. Sorry if I made a "hasty" reply. Bob
I'm sure Peggy can vouch for that. LOL It's okay, Bob. There were so many organizations contacting us that it all runs together.

9/29/08, 7:52 PM   #29
bgbrd

Rumor has it that a NEW TRACK RECORD was set at Greensburg. Any truth to that rumor? :respect:

Dale

9/29/08, 9:48 PM   #30
STP

Yep. Congratulations, Kenny. 16.665 sets the track record.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgbrd View Post
Rumor has it that a NEW TRACK RECORD was set at Greensburg. Any truth to that rumor? :respect:

Dale

Posted via Mobile Device

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Battle of the TQs: Indiana Dirt Sat. Sept. 27 Greensburg