IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Eldora updates???
9/21/08, 9:53 AM   #71
Re: Eldora updates???
Murray

Anyone have any word on Stenhouse?? Just wondering if he's alright, knew he was transported to the hospital.

9/21/08, 11:20 AM   #72
uncleD

Ricky Stenhouse was looked at and released early this morning in Greenville. As you can image, he's as sore as anybody that finds themselves in the Eldora catch fence while up on the wheel of a fast midget. I can say, though it doesn't show on his exterior, he's pretty darn tough and fitting of he's nickname.

And I'll go on with saying "Thank You" to the Eldora Speedway Safety team, the EMTs at the track, and hospital & staff in Greenville for tending to these kinds of things. And to everyone else, "Thank You !" for your good thoughts, prayers and concerns.

THANK YOU !

9/21/08, 11:54 AM   #73
Blake Johnson

Thanks for the update uncle D. Ricky is a hardworking tough kid. It seems our prayers were answered.

On points:
Doing some fuzzy math, it appears that the #27 Rotondo Weirich team has about wrapped up the Silver Crown owner's points chase. They lead the #21 Six-R team by 57 points heading into Phoenix. The #199 Carl Edwards/ R.E. Technologies Racing team is 60 points back. The No. 21 and 199 teams will battle for 2nd in Phoenix only separated by 3 points. The #17 Rotondo Weirich team is 29 points out of 3rd.

The drivers points battle is closer with Dave Darland 20 points back of Jerry Coons Jr. for the championship. Brian Tyler is 57 points back. Shane Cottle is 32 points out of 3rd.

Coons, Darland and Tyler and their teams are all first class and deserve the honors they will recieve at the end of the year.

Congratualtions to everyone on a great season. Best wishes for a safe race and great points battle in Phoenix.

9/21/08, 12:20 PM   #74
AustinSprinter

Race Count This Year: (22)
Race Count Last Year: (29)

UncleD....Thanks for the good news/updates on Ricky's pre-cautionary trip to be further evaluated in a more suiteable invirement!!.....Hope to see Ricky back in action to challenge for the ARCA Title!!...and for sure in PHX. in Nov!!.....Brucer'..........Da 'Manzy' snack man!!

9/21/08, 12:28 PM   #75
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncleD View Post
Ricky Stenhouse was looked at and released early this morning in Greenville. As you can image, he's as sore as anybody that finds themselves in the Eldora catch fence while up on the wheel of a fast midget. I can say, though it doesn't show on his exterior, he's pretty darn tough and fitting of he's nickname.

And I'll go on with saying "Thank You" to the Eldora Speedway Safety team, the EMTs at the track, and hospital & staff in Greenville for tending to these kinds of things. And to everyone else, "Thank You !" for your good thoughts, prayers and concerns.

THANK YOU !
That is such good news, as that was a horrific flip. I was amazed when I saw him try to get out under his own power. All one has to do is watch Ricky run one lap @ Eldora in a midget, to come to the obvious conclusion that this young man has no fear. None, whatsoever.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

9/21/08, 3:06 PM   #76
Tbird4vkcc
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan1 View Post
Congratulations grumpy6 on your nephew's 5th place finish!!
The "Grump" is my dad, and Jesse is my cousin.... After watching him last night come from the back (again) and finish 5th (again) at the Big E, I (and hopefully some other IOW-ers out there) got to give a big shout out to The Rocket....the kid drives his @$$ off every time he straps up. And man was he on the move or what?! Great job Jesse!! That was awesome....Sweet was fast from the front and you were fast from the back, people shouldn't have watched anything other than the two of you. Good luck back east with the wing on....you know what I say....

"Grip it and Rip it, Just don't Flip it!" :thumb

Tbird

9/21/08, 3:29 PM   #77
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbird4vkcc View Post
The "Grump" is my dad, and Jesse is my cousin.... After watching him last night come from the back (again) and finish 5th (again) at the Big E, I (and hopefully some other IOW-ers out there) got to give a big shout out to The Rocket....the kid drives his @$$ off every time he straps up. And man was he on the move or what?! Great job Jesse!! That was awesome....Sweet was fast from the front and you were fast from the back, people shouldn't have watched anything other than the two of you. Good luck back east with the wing on....you know what I say....

"Grip it and Rip it, Just don't Flip it!" :thumb

Tbird
Not only with the way he drives, but also with the number of races Jesse drives, ...410...360...With wings...Without wings, I know quite a few IOWers that think the Rocket is the hardest working racer in the sport. He's a racer with the true outlaw spirit.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

9/21/08, 3:29 PM   #78
eli2448

The Rocket is definetly a gasser. That was a great show he put on comin from the back up on the fence.

9/21/08, 5:21 PM   #79
petey

Congrats to all the winners last night. Good to see Sweet that elusive first sprint win for KKR. Hope Yeley's win lifted his spirits.

And of course congrats to DD and the Foxco bunch!:applaud:

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Eldora updates???