IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > DuQuoin Track Safety Inspection?
9/2/08, 1:45 PM   #11
Re: DuQuoin Track Safety Inspection?
DonMoore10

Another USAC official posting under a fake name.

9/2/08, 2:06 PM   #12
IndyBound

Don & Drew, I believe safety should be the first concern of every racer, racing organization, sanctioning body, race promoter and/or track owner.

I know Don started this thread to make the point that USAC choose to race at DuQuoin with unsafe conditions while they choose not to race at Union County.
We have all ready beat that topic to death.

My concern is what kind of credentials do the people manning the USAC "Safety Squad Vehicles" at "All National Events" have? Are they EMT's, Firefighter's, Doctor's or Nurse's? I personally feel these vehicles should have at least an EMT or firefighter on board and be positioned near the closest entrance to the track ready to roll in a moments notice.

I choose to address the issue of safety today because of the number of USAC drivers injured this year and more recently a red flag situation at this year's Oswego Classic. A first lap accident "ballooned" the left side fuel cell causing it to eventually cut the bladder on Tm Ice's supermodified, fuel started leaking around lap 47 or 48, when a caution flew for another accident, fire errupted on Tim's car as he entered the first turn. Tim suffered 2nd and 3rd degree burns to his hands, he removed his gloves imediately to try to undo his seat belts. Tim was treated at a Syracuse Hospital and released, now resting at his home. Oswego's safety crew which inculdes cornermen is made up of EMT's and Firefighter's, 1st turn cornerman Bruce Lee's fast responding actions avoided a more serious situation on Sunday. The Oswego safety crew has always been the best there is in my book.

I invite Kevin Miller to explain to the USAC fans what qualifactions he reguires a member of the USAC Saftey Squad to have?

Will the USAC Safety Squad work all USAC races or just the races where USAC deems the track safety crew inadequate?

What new safety policies were put in place after the cancellation of the Union County Race?

What the duties of USAC's new Safety Director are?

Patti

9/2/08, 2:51 PM   #13
Mike McCormick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMoore10 View Post
Another USAC official posting under a fake name.
Another baseless, slanderous post by Don Moore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyBound View Post
I invite Kevin Miller to explain to the USAC fans what qualifactions he reguires a member of the USAC Saftey Squad to have?

Will the USAC Safety Squad work all USAC races or just the races where USAC deems the track safety crew inadequate?

What new safety policies were put in place after the cancellation of the Union County Race?

Patti
Are you a car owner? A driver?

Yes? No?

If you're not, it's none of your business.

9/2/08, 3:09 PM   #14
PJ Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike McCormick View Post
Are you a car owner? A driver?

Yes? No?

If you're not, it's none of your business.
What an incredibly ignorant comment, but considering most of your previous posts, not the least bit surprising.

9/2/08, 4:00 PM   #15
Pat O'Connor Fan

I gather Mike's bitterness might be due to his having been the butt of many lines after Life cereal came out with the "give it to MIKEY, he will eat anything" TV commercial. Get over it, Mikey.

9/2/08, 4:17 PM   #16
1BIGracefan

Hey Mike, These are all very valid questions if we have friends or family driving in the USAC series.

I invite Kevin Miller to explain to the USAC fans what qualifactions he requires a member of the USAC Saftey Squad to have?

I am not a car owner/driver but I am a concerned fan.

9/2/08, 5:07 PM   #17
IndyBound

PJ, I learned weeks ago to ignore anything posted by Mike McCormick.

I have openly posted on this board what my background in auto racing is.

Mr. Miller often post on the IOW board, my invitation to Mr. Miller to answer my questions about the USAC Safety Squad and the new Safety Director this year was made to hopefully put an end to threads like this one, once and for all. If my memory hasn't failed me I believe USAC posted articles on their website when they hired the new Safety Director and acquired the Safety Squad vehicles, maybe it is time for me to reread those articles.

From my point of view, the best night of racing is when the safety crew has nothing to do.

Safe racing to all,

Patti

9/2/08, 5:10 PM   #18
mortboyz

LOL...Mad Mike, er NJDMONEY, er SOUTHWESTRACING is at it again.:doh:

Since you're a "former" USAC official, why so pissy when people ask valid questions?

9/2/08, 5:39 PM   #19
PJ Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyBound View Post

From my point of view, the best night of racing is when the safety crew has nothing to do.

Patti

Now that is something I hope we can all agree on!:thumb

9/2/08, 6:18 PM   #20
Clydesdale

Why does Don Moore have so much hatred toward USAC? Correct me if im wrong but doesn't he have a big USAC logo on his trailer? Maybe im thinking of somebody else but i thought he did. Also, wasn't he one of the few owners of a midget that still raced at Union County so how can saftey be a big problem of his?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > DuQuoin Track Safety Inspection?