IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > UNION COUNTY - Midget Week
8/12/08, 10:24 AM   #221
Re: UNION COUNTY - Midget Week
ossuks

USAC should have sent someone out but Tony KNEW what the situation was!!! Did he not say he was aware of the issues and that the track had not fixed them? If he was aware of the situation it seems he had no regard for the drivers as long as his big payday was not affected.

Any backing up on the way TB talked about the drivers would be BS. He has stated in this thread a day after the event that he had it for the big teams!

Maybe TonyB and DM10 should start their own series for the little guy! Seems they have issues with men that have more than them!

8/12/08, 10:34 AM   #222

ossuk the little teams make raceing great

8/12/08, 10:39 AM   #223
racefan20

Tony you and MR i wont post my name 767 missed my point entirely. I agree with Dan, kill the thread and let this thing die.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

8/12/08, 10:44 AM   #224
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtfan View Post
Its over, done with, history some PLEASE close this thread!!!!!:redflag:
Go to the User CP link, at the top of the page. I have mine set up so in order to to see the contents of a thread, I have to click on that thread. It saves me from getting upset by having to look at posts I don't want to see.:O:

Jerry

Winston Churchill

8/12/08, 10:46 AM   #225
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtfan View Post
Its over, done with, history some PLEASE close this thread!!!!!:redflag:
I agree, The issues were discussed, The answers are there and there are legal issues as well to why some things did and didn't happen but the people have made themselves available for direct contact. Please do so if you feel that strongly and be respectful even if your opinion isn't changed. Theres reasons.

8/12/08, 10:55 AM   #226

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
Tony you and MR i wont post my name 767 missed my point entirely. I agree with Dan, kill the thread and let this thing die.

check back several pages, i'm not hideing. u say kill the thread, when u just called Tony out. If u listen to the broadcast I think u will find what your looking for.

8/12/08, 10:58 AM   #227

nobody ever said you have to read this thread. skip it.

8/12/08, 11:35 AM   #228
DonMoore10

I wasn't invited to the 18 wheeler for the meeting of the elite.... for that matter none of the small independent teams were invited. For all you people on here that continue to attack the promoter.. lay off. He's one of the few in the country who has an interest in promoting midget racing.

8/12/08, 12:08 PM   #229
DonMoore10

I posted this before, but here goes again. All of you need to understand the role of the promoter in putting on events, concerts, rodeos etc etc. I have walked the same path as Mr. Barhorst many, many times as a promoter of non racing events here in the Cleveland OH area. There are tremendous pressures on the promoter when an event is held. Mr. Barhorst, the promoter, is not in charge of inspecting race cars, for example. He hired the United States Auto Club to deal with the racing, safety issues, track issues, etc etc. Plain and simple, the United States Auto Club did not do their job. Mr. Miller has already admitted that. It doesn't matter whether there were palm trees growing in the middle of the track surface or whatever. It's the job of USAC, hired to oversee such matters, to see that the racing plant is correct for conducting a midget racing program. USAC failed to do that prior to race day, and in fact, gave the promoter the green light to go on with the event. By waiting till nearly 7 PM to decide they were not going to conduct the racing program, that put the promoter in a corner with no escape route. The move was inexcusable and extremely unprofessional. And I've stated before, I don't know how the USAC officials involved in this fiasco still have a job today.

8/12/08, 12:15 PM   #230
Racerrob

To all those miffed about not being included in on USAC's decision to pull the sanction:

When you are hauling your car all over the country chasing the points title you should be consulted as to whether the race in question should count for points. Bottom line here is the race went on, without a USAC sanction, and the teams that were not consulted about the sanction were free to stay and compete for the same purse (thanks to Tony Barnhorst) as with the USAC sanction.

Where is your beef, Don? Is it because you could not gain valuable USAC points? Members of this board are well aware of your feelings toward USAC and taking them to task because you were not consulted on this matter seems like a reach.

Rob Hoffman

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > UNION COUNTY - Midget Week