IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Is Charles alright?
5/30/23, 12:26 PM   #1
Is Charles alright?
flagboy55

I hope so but it was kind of odd with a big race at the Burg, not seeing his take on it all. They tore up some cars, and also had an irate Bill Rose which is something you don’t see everyday. Sold out front stretch grandstand! Streaming isn’t hurting too much I guess

6 members like this post: bighd0522, opnwhlmnd, oppweld, PIT CART, rapid robert, tirespinner
5/30/23, 1:02 PM   #2
DHayes818

It is possible that his rose-colored glasses finally failed him. Things are not well at the Burg. Hope someone can get it turned around before it's too late.

5/30/23, 1:38 PM   #3
Re: Is Charles alright?
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Is it possible to realize I have a family member with cancer and can't get out multiple times a week. if at all.
Rose colored glasses my ass. I don't but into you our your lives.
The second part to the answer is, I've attended a total of four WoO events since Rudy took over. It's not on my priorities at all. I did make Boss at Florence and will make midget week if all is well here.

Life is minute to minute, day to day here.
Hope you have a great one.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 5/30/23 at 1:40 PM.

5/30/23, 1:44 PM   #4
Charles Nungester

Sorry., just really trying to keep things under control and even with brother and uncle in tow. I did enjoy florence but you know how life is under periods of chaos.

5 members like this post: flagboy55, Ken Bonnema, luckybuc97, LUCKYONE, oppweld
5/30/23, 1:52 PM   #5
NoDramazone2020

All I can say is wow, what a crap track....Possibly the biggest race of the
year on their calendar and THIS is the track fans and drivers get?

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
5/30/23, 1:53 PM   #6
DHayes818

It is possible that his rose-colored glasses finally failed him. Things are not well at the Burg. Hope someone can get it turned around before it's too late.

5/30/23, 2:23 PM   #7
flagboy55

Charles, I don’t know you, but I know you’ve got some things going on and I truly meant I hope you’re ok. It’s just an IOW anomaly when you don’t comment on a big Burg race. 2020, you are correct it was not good. A lot to overcome with the sun and warm weather but you would expect better.

1 member likes this post: oppweld
5/30/23, 2:48 PM   #8
Charles Nungester

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
Charles, I don’t know you, but I know you’ve got some things going on and I truly meant I hope you’re ok. It’s just an IOW anomaly when you don’t comment on a big Burg race. 2020, you are correct it was not good. A lot to overcome with the sun and warm weather but you would expect better.
I got no idea what went on, what the answers are. I seen the highlight like anyone else who wasn't there. Larson wasnt there with the nascar rainout sunday.

Ive got two actual races under my belt this year and only one time at Burg and we konw what happened. That's in several drivers heads and I hope they can get their mojo back.

See ya'll midget week if I can' make it.

4 members like this post: flagboy55, Ilovedirttrackracing, Ken Bonnema, mc/rider
5/30/23, 3:17 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
I hope so but it was kind of odd with a big race at the Burg, not seeing his take on it all. They tore up some cars, and also had an irate Bill Rose which is something you don’t see everyday. Sold out front stretch grandstand! Streaming isn’t hurting too much I guess
car count was very disappointing. Where were the All Star guys? Why were so many drivers calling the track sketchy? Don't remember that last year. Very confident there were over 40 cars last year. To not have a b-main due to not enough cars in Indiana is not good. Look how many cars were at tristate last month on a chilly rainy night. Crowd was up. Good job on the advertising!

5/30/23, 3:49 PM   #10
Charles Nungester

All stars ran their Weikert Memorial Fri sat and sunday Williams Grove and Port two nights.

1 member likes this post: Hustlin-Hoosier
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Is Charles alright?