IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 𝐸𝑚𝑒𝑟𝑠𝑜𝑛 𝐴𝑥𝑠𝑜𝑚 𝑅𝑎𝑐𝑖𝑛𝑔 - Hauler Fire
5/15/23, 4:26 PM   #11
Re: 𝐸𝑚𝑒𝑟𝑠𝑜𝑛 𝐴𝑥𝑠𝑜𝑚 𝑅𝑎𝑐𝑖𝑛𝑔 - Hauler Fire
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 9
Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtTrackTherapy16J View Post

As far as the insurance thing, does anyone actually know they didnt have insurance or low insurance? My personal opinion is there is a misunderstanding somewhere. I find it extremely difficult CMR and Emerson Axsom Racing didn't have insurance or had low insurance on a rig, hauler, and race car with that kind of money invested. If they didnt, there has to be some kind of logical explanation. I highly doubt CMR doesnt have insurance or low insurance on Sunshine's rig, hauler, and race car?
The original amount they had posted to raise was $100,000

Direct statement from the Go Fund Me page;

The goal is to help Emerson replace racing trailer and toter home. There is a minimum amount of insurance coverage on toter and no insurance on trailer. Other items inside need replaced as well. Simpson is replacing all of Emerson’s racing gear.

1 member likes this post: jdull99
5/15/23, 4:34 PM   #12
DirtTrackTherapy16J

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo View Post
The original amount they had posted to raise was $100,000

Direct statement from the Go Fund Me page;

The goal is to help Emerson replace racing trailer and toter home. There is a minimum amount of insurance coverage on toter and no insurance on trailer. Other items inside need replaced as well. Simpson is replacing all of Emerson’s racing gear.
That tells me nothing that I already didn't read. Especially considering it was already removed? Was this inaccurate? Was this a misunderstanding? IF it's true, is there a logical explanation? Again, at least everyone is okay from a physical standpoint.
Last edited by DirtTrackTherapy16J; 5/16/23 at 12:01 AM.

5/15/23, 5:50 PM   #13
reeserx

He deleted his twitter account. There is some backlash I seen in regards to the go fund me page. I’m not sure if it was in regards to that or not

5/15/23, 9:37 PM   #14
Jaxsom

This is Joe Axsom. Those who know me understand I am a very private person, but in this situation I felt like I should make a post to put any rumors to rest

I am in charge of Emerson Axsom Racing

First off thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers during a stressful situation

This event happened in our family owned and operated program, Truck, trailer, equipment is all family owned. There is no affiliation with CMR or any of their partners with this program

To clarify the insurance situation that has been mentioned in this thread, yes we are insured 100 percent on toterhome, we are insured on some things with the trailer, (fellow teams please check with your agent to clarify exactly what is covered) but what is not covered I will take care of.

The go fundme was set up by a family member that just wanted to help us out in a time of stressful events (which I am very thankful for everyone and everything my family members are willing to do to help us in racing).

I really enjoy reading Indiana open wheel and reading other thought and opinions

I hope this helps clear up a few things.

5/16/23, 12:07 AM   #15
DirtTrackTherapy16J

Mr. Axsom...again I'm glad everyone involved was/is physically okay, that is obviously most important. Thank you for your post and taking the time to clear the air so to speak for anyone being negative about the situation. My apologies for assuming that others were involved with the team/program.

I hope to see you all back on your feet and back in action soon as Emerson is a great kid/young man that is very humble that this sport needs. Good luck Emerson Axsom Racing the rest of the season!!

5 members like this post: nathans1012, racenut69, RACrappieman, Rcar, SOROKACH35FAN
5/16/23, 6:56 AM   #16
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxsom View Post
This is Joe Axsom. Those who know me understand I am a very private person, but in this situation I felt like I should make a post to put any rumors to rest

I am in charge of Emerson Axsom Racing

First off thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers during a stressful situation

This event happened in our family owned and operated program, Truck, trailer, equipment is all family owned. There is no affiliation with CMR or any of their partners with this program

To clarify the insurance situation that has been mentioned in this thread, yes we are insured 100 percent on toterhome, we are insured on some things with the trailer, (fellow teams please check with your agent to clarify exactly what is covered) but what is not covered I will take care of.

The go fundme was set up by a family member that just wanted to help us out in a time of stressful events (which I am very thankful for everyone and everything my family members are willing to do to help us in racing).

I really enjoy reading Indiana open wheel and reading other thought and opinions

I hope this helps clear up a few things.
Joe, Emerson has a bright future. The young guy is very good for his age. Hope the team can regroup and get back on the road in due time. Good luck in your racing adventures. Keep on truck in’. The adversity teams face would humble the best folks real quick. It’s how you move on after the fact that will determine what happens in the years to come.

Good luck the rest of the 2023 season

2 members like this post: racenut69, tirespinner
5/16/23, 7:04 AM   #17
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

The "IDIOT" comment was a bit pre-mature unless spoken from a "SHOULD HAVE" standpoint.

Insurance often doesn't cover many things, Furniture, jewelry, clothing, sentimental etc. It's all insurable but has to be itemized and added.

As he said, Check your policy. Likely several things that were lost that aren't replaceable thru Insurance unless you've added them to the policy.

And again, They're all safe, They're the non replaceable part of the situation.

4 members like this post: Bostonian, mc/rider, opnwhlmnd, racenut69
5/16/23, 11:36 PM   #18
JarrettFarms73

Best wishes, Axsom family. Hope to see you in person very soon.
Last edited by JarrettFarms73; 5/16/23 at 11:43 PM.

5/17/23, 1:14 AM   #19
jdull99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
The "IDIOT" comment was a bit pre-mature unless spoken from a "SHOULD HAVE" standpoint.

Insurance often doesn't cover many things, Furniture, jewelry, clothing, sentimental etc. It's all insurable but has to be itemized and added.

As he said, Check your policy. Likely several things that were lost that aren't replaceable thru Insurance unless you've added them to the policy.

And again, They're all safe, They're the non replaceable part of the situation.

I would say 98 was correct. They did not, not have insurance; so they were NOT idiots...
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 𝐸𝑚𝑒𝑟𝑠𝑜𝑛 𝐴𝑥𝑠𝑜𝑚 𝑅𝑎𝑐𝑖𝑛𝑔 - Hauler Fire