IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Eldora Issues
4/20/23, 3:25 PM   #1
Eldora Issues
NoDramazone2020

This weeks Flo racing night in America event at Eldora speedway was a disaster. Great facility, great events, but it seemed to me they were NOT ready for the event, or really did not care about the event. Again, I am looking at this from my home and was not there, but man, that was painful. I understand they were trying to sell Pizza Burgers and Beer to make up for the poor crowd, but come on, it is Tuesday night....move the program along.

3 members like this post: motorhead748, PIT CART, tirespinner
4/20/23, 4:06 PM   #2
Re: Eldora Issues
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

While the lateness of the show is somewhat negative, We can't find anything to cheer about? I thought Oneal make a hell of a run. Ate the wall but a hell of a run. Larson sixth to first in six laps in mods! Woot.

Brownstown had a bit of a crowd, But eldora probably didn't have five hundred. Kinda what happens when the purse is covered.

Im not against having a few big paying races here and there. But take a couple of them hundred grand purses and make USAC 10k and 1k to start. Only real reason Im on the platform.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 4/20/23 at 4:08 PM.

1 member likes this post: Bostonian
4/20/23, 4:10 PM   #3
OnTheHammer

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
While the lateness of the show is somewhat negative, We can't find anything to cheer about? I thought Oneal make a hell of a run. Ate the wall but a hell of a run. Larson sixth to first in six laps in mods! Woot.

Brownstown had a bit of a crowd, But eldora probably didn't have five hundred. Kinda what happens when the purse is covered.

Im not against having a few big paying races here and there. But take a couple of them hundred grand purses and make USAC 10k and 1k to start. Only real reason Im on the platform.
Eldora had way more than 500 people there.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
4/20/23, 4:23 PM   #4
Charles Nungester

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheHammer View Post
Eldora had way more than 500 people there.
In the stands?

4/20/23, 6:33 PM   #5
OnTheHammer

Yes, in the stands

Don’t judge the crowd size by what you could see from the Flo Broadcast

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, flagboy55, tirespinner
4/20/23, 9:49 PM   #6
Charles Nungester

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheHammer View Post
Yes, in the stands

Don’t judge the crowd size by what you could see from the Flo Broadcast
Talked to a friend who was there and yes, he thinks there were a couple thousand in the stands about heat race time. Sorry.

4/21/23, 6:58 AM   #7
motorhead748

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
In the stands?
Yes. I was there. I’d guess 2000

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, OnTheHammer, tirespinner
4/21/23, 7:04 AM   #8
motorhead748

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDramazone2020 View Post
This weeks Flo racing night in America event at Eldora speedway was a disaster. Great facility, great events, but it seemed to me they were NOT ready for the event, or really did not care about the event. Again, I am looking at this from my home and was not there, but man, that was painful. I understand they were trying to sell Pizza Burgers and Beer to make up for the poor crowd, but come on, it is Tuesday night....move the program along.
I’m not typically a DLM fan. But I went. I checked the schedule before leaving and they advertised a 7:30 start for racing. It’s a couple hour ride for me and I get up at 4a for work and typically they run a well run show. When It was nearly 8:30 and hadn’t started I’d lost interest and was ready to leave but I stuck around for the heats. As I walked out to my motorcycle I was not the only one leaving

5 members like this post: Charles Nungester, Hubie48, OnTheHammer, PIT CART, tirespinner
4/21/23, 8:09 AM   #9
OnTheHammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead748 View Post
I’m not typically a DLM fan. But I went. I checked the schedule before leaving and they advertised a 7:30 start for racing. It’s a couple hour ride for me and I get up at 4a for work and typically they run a well run show. When It was nearly 8:30 and hadn’t started I’d lost interest and was ready to leave but I stuck around for the heats. As I walked out to my motorcycle I was not the only one leaving
I too was surprised by the late start with it being a weekday and a FLO event. I think the large MODIFIED field (50) may have caught them off guard.

It did seem like they were somewhat unprepared in some areas for this event.
1. No video board or timing board
2. No 50/50 sales
3. Track prep after qualifying questionable? Jonathan Davenports comment after his heat race was interesting. Something along the lines of, 'Should have left it alone and not watered it.'

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
4/21/23, 8:14 AM   #10
Charles Nungester

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead748 View Post
Yes. I was there. I’d guess 2000

^ Multi time wing sprint winner, track champion, hall of famer and heck of a good guy. Gets to a lot of races, car shows, racer gatherings etc.

1 member likes this post: motorhead748
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Eldora Issues