IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Is this the end of THAT?
9/20/22, 9:04 PM   #11
Re: Is this the end of THAT?
oldfan49

Could the tire situation be part of this decision? Or other underlying considerations that we don't know about?

There have many changes made this year for reasons that don't involve a track closure.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
9/20/22, 9:25 PM   #12
Steve Wendel

Somehow this doesn't feel better for me 👎👎

3 members like this post: Al Pierce, Dale, tirespinner
9/20/22, 9:28 PM   #13
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 9
Race Count Last Year: 22

Ronk does know they will still be broadcasting on Flo and NOS will be giving away free drinks?
Last edited by Chief Wahoo; 9/20/22 at 9:37 PM.

2 members like this post: dkdorkboy, tirespinner
9/20/22, 9:59 PM   #14
openwheelfan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdull99 View Post
Shoulda had the Hut 100 a couple weeks ago...lol

(hi-jaking thread, but I was wondering) - Why was it that it was early September a lot (in my memory)? & was it on Friday all the time? Figured to not go against other USAC races; after DuQuoin, etc. Wonder how good attendance was for it thru-out? (Only went a couple times, and attendance was ok-ish but I figured not a big a money maker)
The Hut 100 was always the Sunday after the Hoosier 100, which was held on Saturday. The logic was drivers (and fans) would make a weekend of racing since the two were only about 70 miles apart.

4 members like this post: Dirt Trackker, erich45, Hubie48, tirespinner
9/21/22, 1:48 AM   #15
jdull99

I guess I mean AFTER 1996 (the time period that I paid the most attention to the Hut 100), when the Hoosier & Hulman 100 were combined (ran in May - til 02 when the Hoosier was the only one, which was also still in May).

Here are some I can find that were not on a Sunday...I actually thought there were some Mid-week Hut 100s, and my research shows at least a couple were...again, I suppose they were looking for dates that didn't conflict...?

https://us.motorsport.com/usac/news/...08-21/1264410/ - Saturday

https://us.motorsport.com/usac/news/...22083/?nrt=177 -

Wednesday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ms1q1UXg1s - Wednesday
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)
Last edited by jdull99; 9/21/22 at 1:53 AM.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
9/21/22, 5:05 AM   #16
Hubie48

I have been going to Terre Haute almost my entire life. I sure hope the Fair Board continues holding races. It is one of the last half miles we have. I have watched Honeycreek Square grow in towards the South and now it is right up against the fairgrounds.

9/21/22, 9:35 AM   #17
Dale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubie48 View Post
I have been going to Terre Haute almost my entire life. I sure hope the Fair Board continues holding races. It is one of the last half miles we have. I have watched Honeycreek Square grow in towards the South and now it is right up against the fairgrounds.
I have gotten to the point that I'm tired of the bullrings and enjoying Terre Haute more than ever.

9/21/22, 9:40 AM   #18
Dale

"The event that night was originally scheduled to take place at the Terre Haute (Ind.) Action Track, but the event’s promoters have decided that it is in the best interest of racers and fans to move the event to Kokomo Speedway rather than cancel the event.

“We are very grateful that the O'Connor family was willing to lend us their facility to hold the event,” race organizer Scott Ronk said.* “This late in the year, we hate for the teams and fans to miss out on an event, so we hope they will support this one and get another night in at a great track.” "

Mr Ronk, please tell us why you refused to honor what we thought was your commitment to hold this race at Terre Haute?

1 member likes this post: Hoosiersprinter
9/21/22, 10:12 AM   #19
nodramazone20

I think YeleyFan is spot on....Its not always the promotor. If the owner of the facility does not want you there, then as a promotor you are wasting your time. Do your homework on Vigo County and how THINGS work in that county and you will have your answers as to why this facility may be in jeopardy. Vigo County goes how the political machine in charge wants it to go....buck that system, and your gonna lose in the long run.....

3 members like this post: bighd0522, rimrider69, tirespinner
9/21/22, 10:39 AM   #20
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodramazone20 View Post
I think YeleyFan is spot on....Its not always the promotor. If the owner of the facility does not want you there, then as a promotor you are wasting your time. Do your homework on Vigo County and how THINGS work in that county and you will have your answers as to why this facility may be in jeopardy. Vigo County goes how the political machine in charge wants it to go....buck that system, and your gonna lose in the long run.....
Without Don Smith to kick some common sense into them.
YOU'RE PROBABLY RIGHT.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Is this the end of THAT?