IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gas city
7/23/22, 8:11 PM   #71
Re: Gas city
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

"If you fight in the pits, You're Suspended, If you fight on the front straight, I'll give ya a hundred dollars"

7/23/22, 8:49 PM   #72
badcoupe

Chilibowl fighting rules lol

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, luckybuc97, tirespinner
7/23/22, 9:10 PM   #73
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeleyfan76 View Post
Leary probably would be out 6 weeks with a broken leg if he tried that when Ballou was out of his car.
You’re assuming Leary would even try it if Ballou was out of his car. I don’t like the fighting at all, but if you’re going to do it, make it fair and both drivers be out of their cars. And great point - suspend for tweeting but go ahead and kick a driver who is strapped in their car. Makes perfect (non)sense.

7/23/22, 9:33 PM   #74
Charles Nungester

I apologized to JG on Twitter for saying he's hit everything but the flag pole. And he's right, Everyone out there is regular people putting on a show and that's exactly what it was. A BATTLE ROYAL between four or five of the best of the best until people started getting crashed. Followed by a upset by Cottle (Not a shocker as I've seen him do it many times there and Kokomo)

Had a driver tell me just last week at atomic after he scored a couple big wins the last year he was driving. "The biggest mistakes I would make is thinking I could muscle a ill handling race car for more than I could get with it. Bit me in the ass every time",

It's clear to me Ballou didn't have enough stagger or something, He was pushing all race. I doubt either was intentional, But he was trying hard to maintain position with a car that under throttle just wanted to drift and not turn..

Congrats to Cottle on the win. Not seen that enough in this thread.

2 members like this post: Adolph, stp6237
7/23/22, 10:31 PM   #75
badcoupe

Was happy to see Cottle get it done, he stuck with the bottom and got it done. Does anyone that was racing last night have as many laps there as Shane does? He knows the place very well.

3 members like this post: tirespinner, TNRustler, TQ29m
7/24/22, 7:19 AM   #76
The Old Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by badcoupe View Post
Was happy to see Cottle get it done, he stuck with the bottom and got it done. Does anyone that was racing last night have as many laps there as Shane does? He knows the place very well.
There is a little boy, now back home in Connecticut, still wearing the tee shirt Shane gave him, who is thrilled beyond belief!

7/24/22, 10:25 AM   #77
flagboy55

Charles, I saw your exchange with Justin. I was surprised he questioned you. I often wondered if those guy’s read the stuff fans put out there. It’s good to know at least he does. Anyway, the only thing that was out of line was the attempted flying drop kicks while the receiving driver was still strapped in. Other than that it’s another great night at Indiana Sprint Week. What impresses me is I was told they turned people away at the ticket window. Congrats to all involved on that!

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, jdull99, oppweld, tirespinner
7/24/22, 10:44 AM   #78
Charles Nungester

Some do read and some dish it out there too. However what I posted was more in jest. Some people dish out the four letter words and derogatories to the point of. "There's no way they'd say that to their face" Status. Bringing out Jen's point. YOU'RE ALL BIG AND BAD behind a keyboard or fence..

It's our sport, It's passionate but we are all mostly human. Treat the Janitor the same as you would treat the pope.

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, mc/rider, oppweld, PIT CART
7/24/22, 11:28 AM   #79
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

One thing is for sure, Cottle, Grant, Bacon, Leary and Ballou all sold a few more tshirts after Friday. 🏁

7/24/22, 2:47 PM   #80
FALCONEDDIE

First thing that happened Grant wacked Ballou hard enough that it bent the rear bumper. And who knows what happened with Bacon when he was out bouncing around the cushion and got together with Ballou. But then you go on to the Leary exhibition and it certainly looked like Leary was gonna take Ballou out and be the hero but it backfired. Then he made a complete fool out of himself. Brady knew how to handle his situation and came off as a "gentlemen."

5 members like this post: Aurora78, duel, luckybuc97, skids59, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gas city