IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lincoln Park Speedway/Terre Haute photos
7/31/08, 8:41 PM   #1
Lincoln Park Speedway/Terre Haute photos
Redwood17257

I believe that I finally have pretty much all the shots from Lincoln Park Speedway as well as the All-Star wing show at Terre Haute posted on my website. I know there are plenty of people who aren't regulars at LPS who've asked for shots so everything from LPS is available right off the website if you happen to be interested.

www.careyfoxphotos.smugmug.com

Thanks everyone!

Carey Fox

7/31/08, 10:58 PM   #2
Re: Lincoln Park Speedway/Terre Haute photos
Al Pierce

Race Count This Year: 49
Race Count Last Year: 43

Really enjoyed the vintage pics taken at Brazil Speedway and Jungle Park. The Brazil Speedway was before my time but I have some faint memories of Jungle Park when they ran the "big cars" back during WWII and later when they ran what were then called "hot rods". I'm not real sure, but I think the Brazil Speedway was located around the east city limits, maybe vicinity of the current Wal-Mart or slightly farther east. The last racing I can remember at Jungle was midgets on a smaller dirt track cut out of the infield in the late 50's/early 60's. I passed Jungle a few days ago on the way to Boswell. Could still see parts of the old grandstand. :thumb

7/31/08, 11:14 PM   #3
SHORTBUS

Race Count This Year: 35
Race Count Last Year: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Pierce View Post
Really enjoyed the vintage pics taken at Brazil Speedway and Jungle Park. The Brazil Speedway was before my time but I have some faint memories of Jungle Park when they ran the "big cars" back during WWII and later when they ran what were then called "hot rods". I'm not real sure, but I think the Brazil Speedway was located around the east city limits, maybe vicinity of the current Wal-Mart or slightly farther east. The last racing I can remember at Jungle was midgets on a smaller dirt track cut out of the infield in the late 50's/early 60's. I passed Jungle a few days ago on the way to Boswell. Could still see parts of the old grandstand. :thumb
HEY AL,
GREAT TO MEET YOU AT PARAGON LAST WEEKEND.GOOD TO PUT A FACE TO A NAME. :thumb

7/31/08, 11:33 PM   #4
cantc4mud

Great picture's Mr.Fox, And i think it's great that you would take the time to share them with us. Thank you sir...:applaud:

8/1/08, 5:36 AM   #5
Al Pierce

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHORTBUS View Post
HEY AL,
GREAT TO MEET YOU AT PARAGON LAST WEEKEND.GOOD TO PUT A FACE TO A NAME. :thumb
Same here. May see you at Bloomington and/or TriState this weekend. Bloomington is a maybe....TriState is a definite. Taking my honey this time, not those old ugly P'ville guys. :O:

8/1/08, 5:41 AM   #6
agar

Race Count Last Year: 14

Al stay clear of this bunch this weekend they can get you in trouble

:rolling:rolling:rolling

8/1/08, 6:55 PM   #7
Al Pierce

Quote:
Originally Posted by agar View Post
Al stay clear of this bunch this weekend they can get you in trouble

:rolling:rolling:rolling
Aren't the guys up top on the wrong side of those bars? How did they get out?
:confused:

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lincoln Park Speedway/Terre Haute photos