IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tri-State Speedway surface
6/8/22, 12:15 PM   #21
oppweld

Race Count This Year: 3
Race Count Last Year: 25

I dont know about anybody else but I saw two Kick Ass races! Instead of celebrating the greatness we saw displayed Sunday night last, we would rather tune in to the latest episode of Race Track Autopsy: What went wrong!

6/8/22, 12:54 PM   #22
PIT CART

Has anyone noticed how many seats remain for the million. I made a last minute decision to go and can’t believe the amount of empty seats.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
6/8/22, 1:08 PM   #23
Re: Tri-State Speedway surface
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmil View Post
I haven’t seen any comments on here yet, but Haubstadt didn’t have it’s usual dust free surface last Sunday night. Wonder if Tom was experimenting with a new recipe?
Also, where were the fans? Very poor turnout. This is not a criticism of the track surface, just an observation.
Ron,

I'm thinking that the track surface has been modified slightly from last year? The three trips that I have been there this have produced a floating type of dirt/grit that you typically did not see last year. Except for the WoO which always stirs up dirt. Weather issue?

Crowd was poor for a IMW show. But I thought B-Ton crowd was very light also. Sunday night, Central Time Zone, Fuel Cost, Night 3 of IMW, Waning USAC Midget interest, I'm sure all contributed to low attendance.

I had the Midget feature at close to one hour in length. Lots of Bonzai, better get outta my way passes/failed slide jobs that seem to be the USAC Midget norm these days. Winner said that he did what it took to win and beat KKM cars. Gotta (sometimes) love T.

Yes I thoroughly enjoyed both features though.
Last edited by Rpracing1; 6/8/22 at 1:12 PM.

5 members like this post: oppweld, racenut69, skids59, tirespinner, wildman92
6/8/22, 1:23 PM   #24
nodramazone20

Track at Haubstadt was fantastic....I think they can sometimes overwork it, and make it 1 lane for half of the scheduled race length.....I like it with a little slick....no issues.....The cost of Diesel will make you park the Farm Show...IMO

2 members like this post: racenut69, tirespinner
6/8/22, 4:23 PM   #25
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1911 View Post
All other things being equal, inflation causes record profit year after year after year.
High fuel prices cause the price of everything to go up.

4 members like this post: Dirtfan, oppweld, racenut69, tirespinner
6/8/22, 5:48 PM   #26
boomer

Just curious. How many campers were there and where did they park?

6/9/22, 12:25 PM   #27
openwheelfan1

There were quite a few campers parked along the N fence row of the NW grass lot. I don't know if it was more or less than normal. I think I heard that that location along the N fence row was going to be the "camper spot" for the rest of the season.

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, oppweld, sprint38racer, tirespinner
6/10/22, 3:38 PM   #28
SoIllSprinter

Quote:
Originally Posted by captrat View Post
The price of fuel is a complex worldwide problem primarily about speculation in the commodity market, pent-up demand, and supply.
Much of it is now corporate greed. During the 1st year of the pandemic demand for fuel bottomed and prices did as well. U.S. petroleum companies were hemorrhaging money and as a result they cut tons of workers and stopped new drilling. With gas at $5+ a gallon they are making, as per usual, obscene amounts of profit. They are now unwilling to reinvest in workers or new drills to reap profits, content to make us more dependent on an increase in foreign oil imports. ***** actually opened more areas for drilling, no takers. Some take anything and make it part of their political agenda. This is not political, ***** could have done no more about it than this administration, the bonus with the current administration is that there hasn’t been an attack on our democratic system of government.

6 members like this post: captrat, dirtnonwingfan, JackSam40, oldfan49, Pitdad, racenut69
6/10/22, 5:57 PM   #29
Aurora78

Less campers

6/10/22, 6:36 PM   #30
The55

It wasn’t political until your last statement which was very political. No doubt the oil companies are making big profits right now. My only question is, if it is this simple why don’t they always operate this way. It wasn’t long ago gas price was less than half what it is now. Did the oil companies just now become greedy?

2 members like this post: chrismattlin, sw1911
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tri-State Speedway surface