IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lake Ozark, Missouri …
4/11/22, 9:53 PM   #51
Re: Lake Ozark, Missouri …
oldfan49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Where's MSCS and BOSS USAC/CRA and any other 410 NW org? Would be great if some corporate sponsor could put up like 50k for a 15k to win 1500 to start race and the profits would go to track and orgs toward point funds
With all the new non wing groups starting up all around the country bring back the Non Wing World Championship Series.
Start one leg in S Cal and the other on the east coast and meet at Kansas City's Lakeside Speedway for the reboot of the Ron Shuman Classic

4 members like this post: Charles Nungester, oppweld, tirespinner, TNRustler
4/11/22, 10:20 PM   #52
cshuman

3 members like this post: Blitzman, Charles Nungester, oppweld
4/12/22, 10:14 AM   #53
Gene Franckowiak

The Extreme Non-Wing Series will be succcessful because it is run by a former racer with the backing of corporate level executives. The WoO has proven to be a great organization to race with. If Casey Shuman is the point man on the series, he is the right guy for the job. As a racer he knows what it takes to field a car and his experience at organizing and promoting is a huge asset. I have always been and will always be a devout USAC supporter but at the same time open minded. If the Extreme series does a good job and USAC doesn't respond in kind.....then the principles of business will apply. The better business people will prosper and the other will wilt like a flower. I wish both organizations success.

4/12/22, 12:14 PM   #54
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I am seeing ten times the Social media pre and post race stuff for Xtreme on the net than USAC, Nothing, so far on upcoming Atomic 10k USAC show.

I know Richie and Chet and others (Buckley) work their tails off. But until raceday, you don't see much. Love Richies stat laden history pieces

Who know's where this all ends up. Wonder if there was any tires left to test last sat?

Had a friend who was USAC's comp director for a few years. Got the PA Tour setup and midget week viable. He told me the hours and hours of work with tracks, competitors etc. was astronomical. He like Casey had been in almost every aspect of racing, racer (Several classes, Owner, track promotor and TQ helping.

Sure miss Greg Staab. Levi was well versed as well. Got USAC Nationals and BC39 with others Im sure. But it helped grow it.

To be continued.

4 members like this post: addictedtodirt, oppweld, PIT CART, wallbanger II
4/12/22, 2:30 PM   #55
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Just a follow up. I do think there needs to be higher paying and sponsor drawing NW racing. but there is a point where tracks will shun it if the cost is too high. Only two of probably ten tracks in IN hold a WoO race due to purse and marketing cost..

Most tracks unless bad weather don't shy from booking USAC because they do well. it's a win/win.

Heard a Promoter (and not my local track) one time say, Yeah, we had the biggest crowd we ever had for a WoO and lost money
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 4/12/22 at 2:32 PM.

1 member likes this post: oppweld
4/12/22, 3:09 PM   #56
Pancho Stapp

imo if you are going to do a non-wing national there is only one place, and that place is Eldora. anyone who has been there knows everything you could want is there. camping, seating, suites, ample parking, ample pit space, situated in sprint car nirvana.Indiana/Ohio/Pennsylvania, i would gladly invest in a 2 or 3 day show!!

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
4/12/22, 3:22 PM   #57
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancho Stapp View Post
imo if you are going to do a non-wing national there is only one place, and that place is Eldora. anyone who has been there knows everything you could want is there. camping, seating, suites, ample parking, ample pit space, situated in sprint car nirvana.Indiana/Ohio/Pennsylvania, i would gladly invest in a 2 or 3 day show!!
and an owner who will not run a non wing show without adding a wing class to the show.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

4/12/22, 7:01 PM   #58
captrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancho Stapp View Post
Have been going to Eldora since 1968 and have witnessed some incredible racing, but for a big non-wing show it would be my last choice.

2 members like this post: oppweld, tirespinner
4/12/22, 7:57 PM   #59
Pancho Stapp

My next choice would be Kokomo it races so well, but it may be lacking in the camping and parking department. They have nice crowds for the Smackdown and it is always one of my favorite events.

2 members like this post: Charles Davis Jr, oppweld
4/12/22, 8:01 PM   #60
yeleyfan76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
I am seeing ten times the Social media pre and post race stuff for Xtreme on the net than USAC, Nothing, so far on upcoming Atomic 10k USAC show.

I know Richie and Chet and others (Buckley) work their tails off. But until raceday, you don't see much. Love Richies stat laden history pieces

Who know's where this all ends up. Wonder if there was any tires left to test last sat?

Had a friend who was USAC's comp director for a few years. Got the PA Tour setup and midget week viable. He told me the hours and hours of work with tracks, competitors etc. was astronomical. He like Casey had been in almost every aspect of racing, racer (Several classes, Owner, track promotor and TQ helping.

Sure miss Greg Staab. Levi was well versed as well. Got USAC Nationals and BC39 with others Im sure. But it helped grow it.

To be continued.
Amen on Greg Staab. The Eastern storm would not exist if not for him. He poured his soul into getting that going and doing great things for Usac racing. Then the clown show that is Kevin Miller was put in charge. Miller had know respect for Greg and pushed him to the curb. Yes I’m bitter. If the extreme series sets out to eliminate Usac as a non wing entity I’ll be overjoyed to watch Miller be the one kicked to the curb.
I rarely agree with you Chuck but you are spot on about Greg Staab. The decision to push him out was the beginning of my disdain for the organization. He was poorly treated.

3 members like this post: Speedwrench, tirespinner, usac99
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lake Ozark, Missouri …