IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tire Dopers
3/24/22, 9:53 AM   #71
Re: Tire Dopers
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtodirt View Post
With Lawrenceburg right around the corner I think we will hear more from USAC on this next week when the additional testing is completed.
I was told one of the teams that tested positive said they'd go wing racing if they received any penalty. With the exodus of some of top top talent already, this seems like a plausible explanation as to why nothing has yet been done to these teams.
Again where did you hear that rumor. This "I was told" or "I heard" stuff is getting old. If you cant name your sources then you probably should keep it to yourself.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

2 members like this post: captrat, Joekocjan
3/24/22, 10:04 AM   #72
Oleman61x

Hey, but I heard it too from a really really really good source.

2 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, luckybuc97
3/24/22, 10:09 AM   #73
edmunds super

Here is some food for thought...

Tire samples will be taken at the 2018 Chili Bowl Nationals (I think they still do it?)
Doping chemicals effect the track condition

From time to time, we are forced to address issues with the comings and goings of the Lucas Oil Chili Bowl Nationals presented by General Tire. One of the issues that we are forced to address for this year’s event is tire doping.

One of the biggest side effects of tire doping is its effect on the racing surface. The chemicals damage the race track and make keeping a consistent surface very difficult. For that reason, tire samples will be taken during the 32nd Lucas Oil Chili Bowl Nationals presented by General Tire.

There will be a designated area at the top of the ramp, and cars will be stopped at random throughout the event. Teams who are stopped will need to provide their own tire groover. This is to avoid any possible cross-contamination. We advise teams to have a groover with you just in case you are stopped.

If a team refuses to have a sample taken, they will be disqualified. All samples will be documented, logged, and a serial number will be used with individual samples placed in a tamper-proof bag and sealed.

A copy of the serial number will be given to the team for proper documentation. If a team is found to be doping their tires, a suspension of one (1) year from competition at the Chili Bowl Nationals will be levied.

4 members like this post: addictedtodirt, Oleman61x, Radicle, TQ29m
3/24/22, 11:11 AM   #74
addictedtodirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
Again where did you hear that rumor. This "I was told" or "I heard" stuff is getting old. If you cant name your sources then you probably should keep it to yourself.
Last I checked freedom of speech was still a thing so no keeping it to myself. I reiterated the same info I got from a crew member nearly a week after Ocala. No one is naming names. If you did, that'd be the last news/rumor/gossip/ you'd get from your source. Happens daily in ******** and racing sure acts political at times. If a team were to be penalized and went wing racing after they stated they were running a full USAC schedule we'll know about it. If said team is not penalized and runs USAC then no one gets any flack as no names were mentioned. As previously mentioned, Hunter's laptop has all the names.

4 members like this post: billm233, opnwhlmnd, progressive22, sw1911
3/24/22, 11:19 AM   #75
Nut'n but Dirt

They can go wing racing, and get tested again.

3/24/22, 12:11 PM   #76
captrat

Quote:
Last I checked freedom of speech was still a thing so no keeping it to myself. I reiterated the same info I got from a crew member nearly a week after Ocala. No one is naming names. If you did, that'd be the last news/rumor/gossip/ you'd get from your source. Happens daily in ******** and racing sure acts political at times. If a team were to be penalized and went wing racing after they stated they were running a full USAC schedule we'll know about it. If said team is not penalized and runs USAC then no one gets any flack as no names were mentioned. As previously mentioned, Hunter's laptop has all the names.
Or maybe they used the Donald strategy destroyed the evidence and stopped up the toilet.

1 member likes this post: Danny Burton
3/24/22, 12:21 PM   #77
racefan20

Quote:

Freedom of speech occurs between two people. It is not necessarily free on a message board that someone else runs. There is a BIG difference there. If you are worried about losing “your source” then it makes me wonder if they are telling the truth in the first place. Be a real man and stand behind your words instead of being a keyboard jockey in your mommy’s basement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3/24/22, 12:33 PM   #78
PJ Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by captrat View Post
Or maybe they used the Donald strategy destroyed the evidence and stopped up the toilet.
Remember this post the next time you complain about somebody else introducing ******** into this forum. I know I will.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.

3/24/22, 12:52 PM   #79
addictedtodirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
Freedom of speech occurs between two people. It is not necessarily free on a message board that someone else runs. There is a BIG difference there. If you are worried about losing “your source” then it makes me wonder if they are telling the truth in the first place. Be a real man and stand behind your words instead of being a keyboard jockey in your mommy’s basement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Your Tapatalk is writing checks you can't cash. Be patient. It'll all come out or be swept away.
Last edited by addictedtodirt; 3/24/22 at 12:59 PM.

3/24/22, 1:46 PM   #80
racefan20

Quote:
Your Tapatalk is writing checks you can't cash. Be patient. It'll all come out or be swept away.
And it will come out or be swept away with or without your rumor mongering Matt. I can cash any check I write unfortunately when you hide behind rumors without a single thing to back it up YOU are the one writing checks you cant cash. Go ahead and back it up I am waiting. At least I have the stones to put my name on my posts.

Last edited by racefan20; 3/24/22 at 1:47 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tire Dopers