IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Larson Eagle?
1/11/22, 12:15 PM   #1
Larson Eagle?
flyin9

Did I catch the announcer say that Larson was using a new Eagle chassis last night?

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
1/11/22, 1:51 PM   #2
Pitdad

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyin9 View Post
Did I catch the announcer say that Larson was using a new Eagle chassis last night?
I caught that too. He had been running King Chassis from New Zealand, which I really liked. His entry lists “EMI”, but also doesn’t list an engine, so didn’t know if “EMI” meant anything.

Eagle is/was the chassis Speedway Motors sells, right? Seems unlikely for Kyle to be running that. My son researched it an found a reference to an “Eagle by Silva” chassis. Still don’t know what that means.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
1/11/22, 2:27 PM   #3
Whit11B

EMI is Eagle, Schnee, Henchcraft, and Stallard chassis companies that have all merged together with Speedway. The Eagle by Silva are chassis built to Paul Silva's specs by Eagle. Last I knew Larson's sprint car ride that Silva is crew chief on were Eagles. They might have built him a new midget chassis.

I would guess that Larson has a Toyota engine but that is left off the entry considering he is sponsored by Chevy for his cup ride.

1/11/22, 3:38 PM   #4
Pitdad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whit11B View Post
EMI is Eagle, Schnee, Henchcraft, and Stallard chassis companies that have all merged together with Speedway. The Eagle by Silva are chassis built to Paul Silva's specs by Eagle. Last I knew Larson's sprint car ride that Silva is crew chief on were Eagles. They might have built him a new midget chassis.

I would guess that Larson has a Toyota engine but that is left off the entry considering he is sponsored by Chevy for his cup ride.
That all makes sense! I couldn’t believe he was driving an “off the shelf” Eagle, so that all adds up. Thanks for the clarification.

3 members like this post: chrismattlin, jdull99, tirespinner
1/12/22, 11:18 AM   #5
Re: Larson Eagle?
flyin9

Thanks for the info.

1/12/22, 12:39 PM   #6
Hustlin-Hoosier

Race Count Last Year: 22

He is using a Toyota TRD engine

1 member likes this post: Dirtfan
1/12/22, 1:07 PM   #7
revjimk

This brings up a question for me: All the chassis seem to have the same basic design.... what are the differences that matter?

1 member likes this post: The Old Coyote
1/12/22, 6:34 PM   #8
TQ29m

I'm going to take the first shot and give the credit to the driver!

4 members like this post: chrismattlin, Hustlin-Hoosier, Owen, rick42
1/13/22, 3:26 PM   #9
48modracer

Quote:
Originally Posted by revjimk View Post
This brings up a question for me: All the chassis seem to have the same basic design.... what are the differences that matter?
They are all generally similar in construction as far as material and basic appearance. Variances are in bracing to allow flex in the chassis, width of the frame and height of the cage to some degrees. Some will offset the motor slightly. Bigger variances are in torsion arm lengths, stacked tubes or parallel on the rear, pick up points for the suspension. Torsion or coil on the front or even some type of sway bar and even front axle design width and king pin angles. Everyone has different theories.

4 members like this post: jdull99, mc/rider, Pitdad, Speedmax3
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Larson Eagle?