IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Windom
12/8/21, 3:04 PM   #51
Re: Windom
BrentTFunk

I think the All Stars did a real smart thing. Running less races with several high $ races. This cuts expenses for teams, and lets teams still run the big Outlaw races. I wish Kevin and Chris luck with their new plans. I don't think USAC will be only place to lose a couple of teams. The All Stars are going to running quite a bit east of Ohio. Could they lure a Danny Deitrich or a Brent Marks? Detrich ran pretty good at Ohio SpeedWeek last year. Maybe even an Anthony Macri? Also wonder if say a Kraig Kinser, or a Brock Zearfoss could make more money with lower expenses with the All Stars. If they can get a few more quality wing teams to commit, that will make making money harder for everyone. Remember this is competition, not everyone will succeed.
As far as Kevin and Chris leaving USAC, that may create an opportunity for someone else. I am sure 3 years ago Jake Swanson wasn't on any of our radars. He is now a contender. Could this be a chance for an Isaac Chapple to put something together? He has proven he can win and adapt to different tracks. I remember when Steve and Sammy and others left the Outlaws to start the USA series. Everyone said the Outlaws would die without them. They ended up with higher car counts, and more teams followed the whole series.
As far as USAC needs to pay more money. In theory that would be great, but do you remember how many people complained when Putnamville charged $5 extra to raise the purse for Bill's race? To pay Outlaw purses you have to charge Outlaw prices. I am not sure that would work. Looking forward to next year

12/8/21, 3:41 PM   #52
sw1911

To pay Outlaw purses you have to charge Outlaw prices.

And draw Outlaw crowds.

12/8/21, 3:55 PM   #53
Rhody

Race Count This Year: 9

And to do that, you have to give them something they don't see every week. USAC fans don't want USAC to go run in parts unknown, put that's how you pay big money. If Indiana fans only got to see the stars run 10 times a year they would mark that on their calendar the way PA fans mark the Eastern Storm on their calendar. If USAC did that, the Indiana faithful would wail and holler at the top of their lungs.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
12/8/21, 7:56 PM   #54
Lincoln Chapple

I skimmed the thread, a lot of points were touched on......Just a few quick thoughts:

1. not sure what Levi's (or person in same role) salary was, but in my mind should be no less than 250k.
2. not sure what Spridge's (or person in same role) salary was in 2021, but in my mind should be no less than 150k.
3. hopefully they both beat this guesstimate, but this is what I would equate in my world as reasonable pay for time/effort/postion.
4. fingers crossed, KT will be back before Indiana Sprint Week, I have seen this movie before. It took him some time to hone in on
sprint cars, not sure if he will want to spend that time again on wings.
5. Windom may hang on and spend money, what else does he have to accomplish in USAC, anyways his girl isn't on the trail either.
6. Isaac is too old and washed up these days, everyone wants the next best thing, and beside he is a wanna be, has been, that
never was.....never got a top notch ride with a dedicated wrench, lacked funding and the desire to be an arrive and
drive.....closest thing he ever had was a worn out Claxton and a bent DRC with steel components, worn out tires from Clauson
and Cripe (I love me some Cripe, except at TH) on the wrenches LOL!!!! BUT, he LOVES Sprint Car racing and will show up
somewhere, wherever the regulations support a Free America, and wherever his funds and resources will allow.......which at the
end of the day, is what the majority of these guys that we pay money to watch do!!!!
Let's Go Racing, and pray for a safe 2022 for all these bad asses and a win at the Big E for Isaac!!

12/9/21, 11:44 AM   #55
2rock21

Maybe USAC could run wing cars when they are not in Indiana.

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
12/9/21, 11:54 AM   #56
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

With Levi stepping aside maybe USAC would have a position for DD if he so desired.

12/9/21, 11:58 AM   #57
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2rock21 View Post
Maybe USAC could run wing cars when they are not in Indiana.
They tried that once. It would make expenses go up, and eliminate what makes them different.

5 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, duel, luckybuc97, oppweld, tirespinner
12/10/21, 8:03 PM   #58
ktsr

Won’t be back mid season.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Windom