IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > MSCS at Circle City Raceway
6/10/21, 10:06 AM   #31
Truphy

Ya , the rock situation was borderline dangerous. There were more than a few golf all size rocks zinging out of there. Again that was late models with four huge tires. Other cars might not be as bad.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, tirespinner
6/10/21, 12:52 PM   #32
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

I saw no evidence of rocks. I didn’t see anyone else with eye protection, and after I saw no rock problem I removed mine.
Overall my initial experience was positive.

6/10/21, 2:01 PM   #33
Re: MSCS at Circle City Raceway
WinglessLovers

Race Count This Year: 26
Race Count Last Year: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathans1012 View Post
So for those of you who have watched the first few races either in person or on line what’s every ones thoughts on this new track?
The track has great potential. As I was waiting underneath the grandstands during a practice session I could hear the stones pinging off the aluminum grandstands. A friend of mine got hit by one (sitting down low) that drew blood so stones or rocks need to be sifted out in the future. The backstretch exit needs to be padded much more or redesigned as that is a real danger area.

The good things about Circle City are the grandstands where there is not a bad seat in the house. Also the concession stands are nice and the food is mostly reasonably priced and they move the lines along pretty good. The bathrooms are great and hopefully will be kept as clean and sanitary as they are now.

The variety of shows is another plus and the facility has a good PA system.

Bruce Eckel

6/10/21, 2:21 PM   #34
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmil View Post
I saw no evidence of rocks. I didn’t see anyone else with eye protection, and after I saw no rock problem I removed mine.
Overall my initial experience was positive.

Your Prescription up to date Ron? Everytime Flo showed a car that spun or something you could see em all over. From palm to baseball size

1 member likes this post: dkdorkboy
6/10/21, 3:14 PM   #35
jjones752

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

If you sat in the pit stands off 3 and 4 you definitely noticed the rocks. When the sun was still up the track seemed sandy and dry for the heats but seemed to hold moisture after the sun went down. A couple of big rollers developed that caused more problems for the sprinters than the midgets but aside from that I think there were 3 legitimate grooves and they were really ripping it right against the wall in 3 and 4. The top line was a little lower in 1 and 2 but still plenty wide and racy. I never saw the old Kokomo but the racing reminded me a lot of how they mix it up at the new version, just on less banking.
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97
Last edited by jjones752; 6/10/21 at 3:16 PM.

3 members like this post: jim goerge, Pete Wright, tirespinner
6/10/21, 3:37 PM   #36
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

We sat just to the right of the flag stand towards turn 1 about 12 rows up. Not once saw or got hit by rocks. Didn’t see anyone else get hit either.

I’m sure it depends a lot on where you sit. Walking underneath the stands you could definitely hear them pinging.

Fun track - we will go back!

6/10/21, 4:24 PM   #37
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildman92 View Post
We sat just to the right of the flag stand towards turn 1 about 12 rows up. Not once saw or got hit by rocks. Didn’t see anyone else get hit either.

I’m sure it depends a lot on where you sit. Walking underneath the stands you could definitely hear them pinging.

Fun track - we will go back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by i love dirt track racing View Post
Is your prescription up to date? Do they have ice cream there? Have fun and enjoy the great things that we all love. God bless America. Thanks.

6/10/21, 4:50 PM   #38
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Your Prescription up to date Ron? Everytime Flo showed a car that spun or something you could see em all over. From palm to baseball size
The three of us saw no evidence of rocks. We were fairly high up and to the right of the flag stand.

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, jim goerge, tirespinner
6/11/21, 11:06 AM   #39
Kart29

There was one individual that visited the ambulance outside the track to be treated for an injury from being hit by a rock. Pretty good cut to the nose I was told, but treatable with just a bandaid. Fortunate he wasn't hit in the eye.

3 members like this post: jim goerge, luckybuc97, tirespinner
6/11/21, 1:50 PM   #40
TQ29m

When we ran TQ's there, we had an awful rock problem, people in the stands would come out to help us clear what we could so we could use the track, some even brought their kids Radio Flyer wagons to haul them, Liberty is the same way, has been forever, seems like they just work up thru the soil, from down deep, it's really a dangerous situation for everyone, too bad when they evidently have nice new facility, it was so dusty before also, maybe they'll get lucky and the rocks will stop working to the top.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > MSCS at Circle City Raceway