IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Sesco Mopar Help!
5/28/21, 5:57 PM   #1
Sesco Mopar Help!
Phl80

I'm helping a friend with a Midget he purchased. I have been a Sprint Car guy my whole life and know very little about these Midget Engines. He purchased the car with (what he was told) a fresh Sesco Mopar in it. The Engine does look Fresh, however the seller had no paperwork or info on it. I have no idea what to set Valve lash or set Timing. It does fire off and run smooth at idle but we have not raised the RPM until we have more info. I checked the valve lash and currently they are at 0 Intakes and 6 degrees Exhaust. Does anyone know if this is accurate? Also I can't figure out where to check timing or how to adjust it with the large round aluminum Generator/Mag mounted on the back of the Block that has 2 wires coming out of it going to a set of coil packs. The oil filter on it is also listed as a Hydraulic Oil type filter. Any info would be appreciated. I hate to sound dumb as a 40 year veteran of this sport but I have never worked on a Midget, let alone this type of Engine.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
5/28/21, 8:17 PM   #2
ThrowbackRacingTeam

Try Dave or Davey Ray at Raypro engineering. They will know or will know who knows.

5 members like this post: EBookerFan, Hustlin-Hoosier, John P Huss, Pitdad, tirespinner
5/29/21, 4:54 PM   #3
Phl80

Thank you, I will give them a call.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Sesco Mopar Help!