IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Flagman
4/6/21, 9:34 AM   #1
Flagman
Staggs6717

Was wondering if anybody knows of any tracks that's looking for a flagman this year? If you happen to know please message thank you

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
4/6/21, 11:31 AM   #2
Re: Flagman
The Old Coyote

Do you have a Jack Hewitt Approved Flagman Certificate?

4/6/21, 1:17 PM   #3
double checkered

I don't know your experience level, but I'd suggest contacting any/every track that you're interested in helping. Even if it isn't an Official Starter position, they may have some openings available that will at least get you in the door. Just walking in as a new Official Starter is pretty difficult if you don't know the procedures of the rest of the team. I wish ya luck. 🏁🏁

Jeremy

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, fish, tirespinner
4/6/21, 5:22 PM   #4
Staggs6717

For your information I'm def better then billy shipman and if you remember a gentlemen back in the late nineties all the way up to about 2005 I was the kid that stood behind the flag stand at Lawrenceburg terre haute eldora bloomington lincoln park and several other tracks in 2007 I was behind the flag stand at the four crown and did get the chance to wave a silver crown hot lap session. So before you criticize have a little respect

4/6/21, 5:29 PM   #5
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staggs6717 View Post
For your information I'm def better then billy shipman and if you remember a gentlemen back in the late nineties all the way up to about 2005 I was the kid that stood behind the flag stand at Lawrenceburg terre haute eldora bloomington lincoln park and several other tracks in 2007 I was behind the flag stand at the four crown and did get the chance to wave a silver crown hot lap session. So before you criticize have a little respect
You do realize he was joking right?

4 members like this post: Bill Angel, mc/rider, racenut69, tirespinner
4/6/21, 6:22 PM   #6
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
You weren't criticized once, That Hewitt line was a joke about something that happened with him years ago.

3 members like this post: mc/rider, motorhead748, racenut69
4/6/21, 6:59 PM   #7
Staggs6717

The video is funny I apologize if I offended anybody

4 members like this post: Chief Wahoo, luckybuc97, PIT CART, tirespinner
4/6/21, 7:27 PM   #8
motorhead748

If you’re as sensitive as it appears you may wanna rethink officiating on any level at a racetrack. You’ll get eaten alive.

4/6/21, 9:54 PM   #9
openwheelfan1

Quote:
Was wondering if anybody knows of any tracks that's looking for a flagman this year? If you happen to know please message thank you
Circle City Raceway on the E side of Indy?

4/8/21, 9:26 AM   #10
Therealether

As a kid I watched Shipman flag the World of Outlaw Midgets and when I saw that video I nearly died laughing 🤣

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Flagman