Re: Haubstadt updates
38DD

Good run by Bland Jr. from the tail to 4th:thumb:applaud:

7/20/08, 12:17 AM   #72
pletchfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by okokok View Post
Since everyone wants to make me wrong....

This is why you get to hate these boards---

Someone post a lie -- then others back them up --- to make your correction wrong..

well...

go to the site

http://www.paragonspeedway.com/main.htm

IN BIG letters -- surrounded by bright yellow --- The 2 Race Rule for Sprint Cars has been lifted and is no longer in effect
All Drivers, Cars Welcome

So there you are --- please , if you don't know -- then don't comment!!

I think the car counts went down at Paragon -- I believe they now pay more for just one race...

Oh well... maybe you will research the next time (after all - it would have been real easy to do a yahoo search) -- before you call me a liar....

Bye...
Since this sounded so RUDE, I have to get involved. I am pretty sure on a regular night they are still running two races. This season when they have had special programs with just 1 race that paid more money they had said you had to have run at least 2 races at the track to participate. I believe the banner is because they have lifted that rule and anyone can come and race in the special events even if you have not raced 2 races there that season. I did not see anyone call you a liar!!! You need to CHILL OUT!!!! I think you will find come next week, things will be back to normal, 2 races.

7/20/08, 12:20 AM   #73
pletchfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgy View Post
Posted via Mobile Device

I was not at the race as I was taking care of my health. I will be at Terre Haute and ORP. As always, GO CHAD BOAT!
I thought you were there too. I am sorry you are not feeling well today. Hopefully staying home will help and you will feel better tomorrow.

7/20/08, 12:30 AM   #74
farriswheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by pletchfan View Post
Since this sounded so RUDE, I have to get involved. I am pretty sure on a regular night they are still running two races. This season when they have had special programs with just 1 race that paid more money they had said you had to have run at least 2 races at the track to participate. I believe the banner is because they have lifted that rule and anyone can come and race in the special events even if you have not raced 2 races there that season. I did not see anyone call you a liar!!! You need to CHILL OUT!!!! I think you will find come next week, things will be back to normal, 2 races.
You are correct. They still DO have 2 features on regular nights if the car count is high enough and possibly 3.

7/20/08, 12:44 AM   #75
Tim Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by pletchfan View Post
We would have loved for DD to have been sprint week champ. But, I bet he would trade that any day to win the Bob Darland Memorial. That was REALLY special. This has been a really good sprint week for him and I bet he is still really happy.

Congrats to Levi and crew.

On the other hand, this has been a horrible experience for poor Jon Stanbrough, I bet he is just glad this week is over and he survived it. Hopefully things will get better for the Foxco Sprinter.
I wanted to see DD win it all to but you are right about the win at Kokomo, that makes a whole season right there. Dave has sure had some good runs in the short time this team has been together and hopefully this will last. I'm sure glad i got to spend time with the Darland family last weekend.

7/20/08, 2:23 AM   #76
Motormasher

Josh Spencer had a great run in his heat race running 2nd and 3rd until Hunter just flat ran over him and put him in the wall on the last lap and everybody went by him.
Hunter did a fine job in the feature but Jon Stanbrough was coming to the front fast until Cole Whit hit the backstretch wall right in front of him and he had no where to go and flipped really hard.
Jeff Bland did a great job coming from the tail to finish up front too.
Dave Darland don't know what the red flag means as he drove all the way around the track (from the crash he was involved in) made a 360 at the pit entrance and drove into the pits and USAC let him change a flat left rear tire during the red (while nobody else could work on their cars) and then restart in his heat race, meanwhile not waiting on Daron Clayton to fix his flat so he could restart.
Levi won the Speedweek Championship in style and is truly a champion. :respect:

7/20/08, 2:25 AM   #77
LocalYokel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 38DD View Post
Good run by Bland Jr. from the tail to 4th:thumb:applaud:
How many cars did he hit on the way there?...

7/20/08, 2:29 AM   #78
Motormasher

I didn't see him hit any, he did an awesome job on the bottom to get up to 4th. But again, Stanbrough was the man on the move until the crash.

7/20/08, 3:31 AM   #79
Michael#81

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalYokel View Post
How many cars did he hit on the way there?...
He ran a good clean race and drove his @$$ off to finish where he did tonight. By the way next time you make a stupid remark sign your name so we can all see how big of an @$$ you are. :rolling

7/20/08, 5:53 AM   #80
3Cfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael#81 View Post
He ran a good clean race and drove his @$$ off to finish where he did tonight. By the way next time you make a stupid remark sign your name so we can all see how big of an @$$ you are. :rolling
Thats because Danny Holtsclaw wasn't at Haubstadt for Bland to run over!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Haubstadt updates