IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Winchester Rumor
3/3/19, 7:44 PM   #31
Re: Winchester Rumor
mstmike

the amazing thing opinions are like a-holes everyone has one.

3 members like this post: Augie, jim goerge, nathans1012
3/3/19, 9:26 PM   #32
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosier race fan View Post
I think you are more like a 2 horse than a 7 horse.
IDK about any horse but, But another name for Burro seems to fit.

2 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, mc/rider
3/3/19, 10:10 PM   #33
7horse
Banned

If anyone bashes Lawrenceburg or Eldora, Nungester will defend them

3/3/19, 10:21 PM   #34
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

FROM THE WINCHESTER FACEBOOK PAGE.

Ok here it is.... "Facebook live" will return Tuesday, March 5th at 7:00pm to release the exciting news for 2019.. ..Jimmy, Monte, and Kirk
Last edited by nathans1012; 3/3/19 at 10:37 PM.

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, oppweld
3/3/19, 10:29 PM   #35
treecitytornado

Well it wouldn't have any dust, lol!

2 members like this post: billw, jim goerge
3/3/19, 10:41 PM   #36
treecitytornado

Brian, you missed out! Earl was great a great Promoter, always the 1st to pay the Big Money, especially for Sprint Cars!! 50 Grand for the Kings Royal, then 100 Grand for, "The Historical Big One", then "The Eldora Million",1 Million to Win for Late Models, then "The Mopar Million, 1 Million Sprint Car Purse & 200 Grand to Win, then a few "Mopar Thunder" races 50 Grand to Win for Non-Wing Sprints, Plus the World 100 & "The Dream" 100 Grand to Win Late Models, & list goes on!!! Track Prep was great & Earl was great to chat with, too! It took all these years for Tony to pay over 100 Grand for a Sprint Car race, which the Kings Royal will finally this year, when he has more sponsor support than Earl did, all those years, he owned it! That's the facts!
If Earl, was still promoting it today, Knoxville would Not have the Highest Purse for Sprint Cars or pay the most to Win!

Earl was a great man, promoter & human being Period! May he R.I.P.
Last edited by treecitytornado; 3/3/19 at 10:44 PM.

3/3/19, 11:17 PM   #37
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7horse View Post
If anyone bashes Lawrenceburg or Eldora, Nungester will defend them

I think if you go back thru eldora threads, You'll find me right up there of non defenders.

As far as Burg, You just seem to want to bash it for anything, Fine. Im mean to you for pointing out you can bring in your own food and drink when you whine about 3 dollar bottled water.

I don't go to races to not enjoy them. and I generally do, even if I point out things that cold be better.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 3/3/19 at 11:18 PM.

1 member likes this post: PJ Wright
3/3/19, 11:50 PM   #38
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim goerge View Post
Where does everybody think these car owners are going to come from? A lot of owners are doing good to support a series of just dirt now and won"t be able to have a special car for pavement. Let Tony play with his self, I better shut up or I might get ban
I have to agree with you here, Jim. Let's just say for the sake of argument that the track will change hands and some big money will be pumped into it.

Where are the cars going to come from? You can make a big pitch for late models, but sprints and midgets? USAC's pavement adventures are now only in history books. AVSS? Must See Racing Xtreme Sprints? I don't think so.

You'd be better off trying to start a crate sprint or midget pavement series from scratch and having to bankroll it, to boot. At least you would have cars to race. Then your problem would be trying to find someone to watch them.

No.... if the aforementioned change of ownership happens, one cannot be expecting open wheel cars.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
3/4/19, 12:02 AM   #39
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike View Post
I have to agree with you here, Jim. Let's just say for the sake of argument that the track will change hands and some big money will be pumped into it.

Where are the cars going to come from? You can make a big pitch for late models, but sprints and midgets? USAC's pavement adventures are now only in history books. AVSS? Must See Racing Xtreme Sprints? I don't think so.

You'd be better off trying to start a crate sprint or midget pavement series from scratch and having to bankroll it, to boot. At least you would have cars to race. Then your problem would be trying to find someone to watch them.

No.... if the aforementioned change of ownership happens, one cannot be expecting open wheel cars.
....unless one is going to tear out the pavement and convert it to dirt. THEN, you will have my attention.

Not holding my breath, I am, though....

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
3/4/19, 12:04 AM   #40
7horse
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
I think if you go back thru eldora threads, You'll find me right up there of non defenders.

As far as Burg, You just seem to want to bash it for anything, Fine. Im mean to you for pointing out you can bring in your own food and drink when you whine about 3 dollar bottled water.

I don't go to races to not enjoy them. and I generally do, even if I point out things that cold be better.
I can't believe you can't bring your own beer in they say it's a state law lol and then they wanna charge $3 for one can

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Winchester Rumor