IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bc39!!
9/7/18, 11:11 PM   #41
Re: Bc39!!
dirt330

Had a great time. IMS and USAC did knock this event "Out of park ". Add this track to Indiana Midget and Sprint week. Don't take a race from current tracks just add this one. Charge normal current prices for these events. NO CHARGE FOR PARKING.

3 members like this post: bigq11, throb, Tqcrazy
9/8/18, 12:22 AM   #42
Crankin

BTW, it was great hearing Rob Klepper on the NBCSN broadcast today. He always does a great job no matter what he’s doing on the mic!

4 members like this post: Bobv, Rpracing1, throb, wright59
9/8/18, 7:54 AM   #43
markd

A Hut Hundred to wrap up midget week would be a good event

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, dirt330, mc/rider
9/8/18, 8:59 AM   #44
miledirt

Did most people park inside the big track or outside

9/8/18, 9:30 AM   #45
Z-man

Quite a few cars parked in north 40. They had shuttles moving people to the track or you could walk.

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
9/8/18, 10:03 AM   #46
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt330 View Post
Had a great time. IMS and USAC did knock this event "Out of park ". Add this track to Indiana Midget and Sprint week. Don't take a race from current tracks just add this one. Charge normal current prices for these events. NO CHARGE FOR PARKING.
I think paying to park helps pay for things like the shuttles. They had golf carts to transport handicap people right to the gate. They didn't make a killing off the parking fee, they provided a service. I didn't see people parking out of control like we see a lot. As for the ticket prices, they paid 5 times the purse as regular midget show, but they didn't charge 5 times the price. I was fine with it.

9/8/18, 10:23 AM   #47
racefan20

Brent they wouldnt have needed the shuttles had they let us park in the huge empty area between the track and the tunnel. Plus it would have made it easier to go to and from your car like most tracks allow. The ticket gate could have been up next to the track where they were checking your tickets. It would have actually saved them money due to the need for less yellow shirts. I'd sure like to hear from the few fans sitting over in the NW vista and ask if they could see anything but the video board.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

1 member likes this post: duel
9/8/18, 10:43 AM   #48
jjones752

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

The "huge empty area" wasn't empty, and wasn't that huge; there were vehicles parked there (assuming concession workers, staff, some pit parking, since the haulers that couldn't fit in the Southeast pits were over there too). There's no way all of the spectator cars could have fit, plus the snarl that would have been created by everyone trying to get out of the one funnel-like exit would have been massive, especially since there would still need to be parking in the North 40. As it was, the foot traffic spilled over the walkways under the tunnel into the access road. Add a couple hundred cars to the mix (I don't think very many more could have parked inside) and it would have been chaos. there was certainly enough cart and shuttle service to deal with those who couldn't make the walk and traffic out of the North 40 was smooth and orderly, as always.
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, TNRustler, WinglessLovers
9/8/18, 12:37 PM   #49
WinglessLovers

Race Count This Year: 25
Race Count Last Year: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
I think paying to park helps pay for things like the shuttles. They had golf carts to transport handicap people right to the gate. They didn't make a killing off the parking fee, they provided a service. I didn't see people parking out of control like we see a lot. As for the ticket prices, they paid 5 times the purse as regular midget show, but they didn't charge 5 times the price. I was fine with it.
I agree with Brent and Jim on their comments as regards the parking. It certainly was easy getting out of the North 40 after both nights the way it was set up. Would be too much congestion if allowed everyone into the inside area.

Ideas on revitalizing the Hut 100 at IMS sounds like a good plan but I don't think sprint cars on that track would be a good idea for both safety reasons and design of track. Don't think the track is wide enough and corners are too sharp for sprints to run well on.

Both days were run well and they did the best they could with the weather issues on Thursday and as you see with the weather we would not have seen it any other time this weekend. It turned out to exceed our expectations and look forward to returning here next year.

Bruce Eckel

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, i love dirt track racing, Jbaldwin, jjones752
9/8/18, 1:57 PM   #50
sw1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinglessLovers View Post
I agree with Brent and Jim on their comments as regards the parking. It certainly was easy getting out of the North 40 after both nights the way it was set up. Would be too much congestion if allowed everyone into the inside area.

Ideas on revitalizing the Hut 100 at IMS sounds like a good plan but I don't think sprint cars on that track would be a good idea for both safety reasons and design of track. Don't think the track is wide enough and corners are too sharp for sprints to run well on.

Both days were run well and they did the best they could with the weather issues on Thursday and as you see with the weather we would not have seen it any other time this weekend. It turned out to exceed our expectations and look forward to returning here next year.

Bruce Eckel
Seems odd they would go to all that expense to build a track that was not amenable to sprint cars.

1 member likes this post: superstock30
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bc39!!